Youngjae

B.A.P Oneshot Collection

“Is there something you’d like to tell me?”

 

You blink your eyes repeatedly, before blankly saying “what”. Youngjae stops batting his lashes and clears his throat. “I said. Is there something you’d like to tell me?” He says with a little more seriousness in his voice.

 

You look away and think, besides the fact that I hate closing the store with you, no… there’s nothing in particular I’d like to tell you.

 

You tilt your head on an angle and slowly reply, “No…” Youngjae frowns and asks you if you’re sure.

 

“Yeah… I’m sure.”

“Are you very sure?”

“Yes.” You say flatly, hoping he’d take the hint. He gives you one last look before leaving. He huffs and walks to the other side of the counter.

 

The café is quiet and there are no customers. Without the presence of anyone else, you feel the air turn sour. You glance at Youngjae and find him humming a song while re-stocking the lids.

 

“Hey!” You call over. He perks up and answers with eagerness, “Yeah?”

“Uhm…” You almost forget what you’re going to say, but it comes back to you, “I’ll be in the back reorganizing the shelves.” You practically run through the doors. As soon as they shut, you let out the breath you didn’t know you were holding.

 

-

 

You look across the room and see that’s its 10:45. You decide to head back to the front of the store. Before entering, you look through the window and spot Youngjae already putting the chairs up.

 

You enter and Youngjae pauses to stare at you. “Back.” You state, not knowing what else to say. Just as you make your way towards him, he blurts out something you cannot believe.

 

“Do you like me?”

 

“Uh…what?”

 

“I mean, we’ve been working the same shifts for the past two weeks and it’s always the closing shifts. Are you trying to play cupid or something? After today, we don’t have any more shifts together, were you gonna confess today, or what?”

 

You don’t know what to say or do. You’re completely baffled at his assumption.

 

“No… I don’t like you…” You start off slowly. “And no, I’m not trying to play cupid. You quickly shoot him a look. “Do you like me?”

 

Youngjae pauses. His brows knit together before answering no.

 

“Since you don’t like me… there’s no need for me to like you. I really only like people who like me.” He shrugs his shoulders and puts a few chairs up. After he’s done he looks to you. “It’s been pretty dead tonight. You don’t mind if I leave a few minutes early, do you?” Before you can reply, he takes his apron off and races to the back. He comes back out with his coat on.

 

“See ya ‘round!” The bell on the doors chimes and a gust of wind blows in, making you shiver. Shiver from the cold and from the thought of you liking him.

 

You shake your head not wanting to think about it any further. You huff and finish putting the chairs on the table. You do a quick sweep before grabbing the keys to lock up. You gather your stuff and turn the lights off. You go outside and close the doors. You sigh for what feels like the millionth time that day. You’re so glad it’s Friday and you can’t wait to just go home and sleep in.

 

 You turn around and run into a broad figure.

 

“S-sorry!” You say without looking up. You walk past him when he starts.

“I’ve been waiting for you.” 

 

--

 

Enjoy-ee~