Kris' Plans

Torn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The jab of regret that shot through me was unmistakable as I pulled away from Jin Woon. But my logical mind kept me glued to the seat, frozen at what almost just happened. I gazed down at my lap, if I took just one look at Jin Woon now, I knew that my impulsiveness would attempt to rear its ugly head again. What was I thinking, I chided myself, ignoring my rapidly beating heart that was protesting.

 

I had wanted to kiss Jin Woon. This yearning was nothing I ever felt before and one I could not understand – I had never liked someone in my life.

 

It was another set of eyes - that flashed in the recesses of my mind - that had stopped me. The very same face that was engraved deep in my subconscious that even though I wasn’t an artist, I could easily draw him in my face. The man I was linked to – Kris. My head had prevented my heart from taking over my body and for good reason.    

 

I couldn’t start anything no matter what spark Jin Woon triggered inside of me, it made no sense to write the beginning of something impossible, no matter how much I wanted to. In fact, it was downright irresponsible.

 

There was an abrupt movement. The warm body next to me had been replaced by a void. I glanced up hesitantly and confirmed my suspicion; Jin Woon wasn’t sitting next to me on the sofa anymore. 

 

“Should I make you something to eat? You must be famished.” His gentle voice floated from the kitchen where I could hear the clink of dishes.

 

I wasn’t sure whether he was trying to pretend what almost transpired didn’t happen however, I couldn’t hold my composure as well as he seemed to. I had to get out of Jin Woon’s home before I found myself in a sticky situation. Grabbing my backpack off the ground, I made my way to the main door.

 

“Oh Jin Woon, don’t bother. I got to go now, it’s getting really late. Bye!” I called out quickly in one breath before I dashed out with the wooden door banging behind me. Emerging from the stairwell on the ground floor, I realised I hadn’t know where the hell I was.

 

From the darkness walked out a man, scaring me. I jumped only to make out Junsu’s face in the dim light. The good-looking older fellow chucked at my obvious fright. “Leaving so soon, Amber?” He drawled, putting out the cigarette in his hand.

 

“Yes. Is it easy to get a taxi cab here?” Internally I groaned thinking of the taxi fare – there goes the day’s pay from the restaurant.

 

“Nothing a phone call wouldn’t do. Let me help you get transport.” Junsu offered before swerving his head to towards me interestedly. “Shouldn’t Jin Woon have come with you?” Before he could finish his sentence, there was a stampede of footsteps from the stairs and Jin Woon came running.

 

With a soft chuckle, Junsu quipped, “Why did I even ask?”

 

Jin Woon was startled to see Junsu still around and greeted him, “Hyung.”

 

“I was just getting a smoke before heading off.” The older man answered the question that Jin Woon had not asked.

 

Acknowledging Junsu’s explanation, Jin Woon now stared at me meaningfully. “Amber, why did you rush off? It’s dangerous so late at night.”

 

I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t be alone with Jin Woon right now. Despite being barely acquainted with Junsu, I had no choice but to glance at him pleadingly.

 

The man seemed to be able to read my mind because he casually said, “Jin Woon, I’ll get Amber a cab. You go home to get some rest.”

 

The younger boy opened his mouth soundlessly before he probably realised that there was no point arguing with his older friend. I had now moved slightly closer to Junsu, and avoided Jin Woon’s line of vision by focusing on the shrub near the driveway as though it was the most interesting plant I’ve ever seen.

 

Defeated, Jin Woon reluctantly his heel, “Alright. Good night again, hyung. Amber, be safe.”

 

Junsu winked conspiratorially at me, with one hand pulling out a cigarette from his pack, acknowledging my eyes’ flash of gratitude. “You know, I’ve never seen Jin Woon act this way around a girl. Heck, he’s never even brought a girl home.”

 

With a flick of his lighter, the end of his cigarette browned. I couldn’t help feeling pleased at this piece of information – was I really the first female that ever has ever Jin Woon’s home?

 

“In fact, he has never talked about any girl.” Junsu held out his hand, demanding something. “I heard that you ran into a spot of trouble a while ago with a gang. Give me your mobile phone.”

 

Obediently, I handed whatever he wanted over. “I don’t know what’s going on between Jin Woon and you but I can tell that the boy likes you a whole deal. If you ever find yourself in danger again and can’t find that silly boy, you can contact me. I’m sure Jin Woon would want me to help you.” And with that, he saved his number in my phone.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter