Day 1 in Japan

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

 

A/N: Hi. Please do not kill me for this short update that is overdue. School is REALLY killing me. Because it's taking up every inch of space in my brain, I hardly have time to think of this story, when all I want to do is really write this. I have a day off tomorrow, so I may be able to get another chapter in, but I have to study for Chemistry....those two step conversions with the exponents are a real pain in the ......As some of you may have noticed, the title has changed. I felt that it didn't really fit the feel and aspect of the story, so I changed it. That also means that my fabulous poster, supplied by one of the poster shops, will be taken down as well. In its place, will be a new one in 2 more weeks because I have to follow the 1 month rule for poster usage. Here's chapter 22: 

 

“Hyung, hyung! Look at this!” Yesung picked up an octopus with his bare hands and shoved it near Kangin’s face.

                “Get that thing away from me!” Kangin smacked the bright red octopus. It bobbled in Yesung’s hand, which had him scrambling to catch it. By accident he squeezed the head, and black ink went squirting in Kangin’s face.

                “Ahh!” Kangin screamed and tried desperately to wipe off the dark liquid. It was futile because it stained his skin, which gave him a black mark on his left cheek stretching to his neck. Yesung hurriedly put the octopus back in the crate with the others.

                “What the hell? Isn’t that thing supposed to be dead?!” Kangin screeched.

                “I thought it was!” Yesung defended.

                “What happened now?” Leeteuk groaned and saw the mark on Kangin’s face.

                “Yesung squirted octopus juice all over me!” Kangin pointed like he was telling on an older sibling.

                “Yesung!” Leeteuk reprimanded.

                “Mianhae, arrasso?!”

                “Just don’t touch anymore fish!”  Leeteuk advised

                The Tsukiji fish market was amazing! It was like an endless maze of sea life. Some were dead, but others were alive. I could barely believe the size of the tuna that they had! One weighed as much as me! From in Hae’s book, it said there were apparently over 1000 fish sellers! It was cool to see all of the creatures, but also sad had the same time because in the end, they would all be eaten.

                Yesung chuckled creepily, “Look at this one!” He poked a sting ray gingerly, “Squishy squishy!”

                “Were you dropped when you were an infant?” Kangin, who was still mad over the octopus ordeal, glared at the turtle lover.

                “Yes, in a pool of y!!” Yesung smirked and flipped his hair to one side. I laughed loudly and covered my mouth to try and hide it.

                “You’re so weird!” Henry laughed.

                “He’s so cute! Can we buy him?!” Sungmin was busy squealing over a purple and red Japanese fighting fish for sale. It was in a small container along with dozens of others stacked among it.

                “Minnie, we won’t be able to take it back with us on the plane if we do,” Leeteuk told him.

                “But, but, he’s so cute!” Sungmin whined. The “cute” fish merely darted back and forth in its plastic bowl.

                “We can always get a fish when we get back to Seoul…..”

                “But I want this one!”

                “All this fish is making me want sushi,” Donghae patted his stomach.

                “We should have that for lunch,” I agreed.

                “Not without going to Akihabara first!” Leeteuk interrupted.

                “But hyung, we’ve been here two hours already!” Donghae complained, “And it’s been three since we last had breakfast!”

                “I’m hungry too!” Henry piped in.

                “We’ll have to make it quick,” Leeteuk relented, “I don’t think we can have those two stay calm for long,” His eyes pointedly gazed at Kangin and Yesung who were having a sissy fight near the octopi. Yesung was poking Kangin’s mark, and Kangin kept slapping his hand away. When Yesung wouldn’t give up, Kangin went in a full out, incessant slapping attack to barricade his face. And then they almost got run over by an electric cart that zipped by them. Oh children….

                “You two, KUMANE!” Leeteuk rushed over to break up the fight.

                “He started it!” Kangin pointed.

                “Well I’m ending it!” Leeteuk retorted, a vein popping out on his forehead. Yesung and Kangin became quite and kept their heads low. When Leeteuk turned around, they just jabbed each other with their elbows and exchanged dirty looks.

                “Sushi, ok. Where?”

                “Zanmai,” Donghae had bookmarked a certain page, “It’s on the outer edge, and the plates are marked by color on a conveyer belt. Each color has its own price.”

                “Is there any mention of English?” Henry peered over Donghae’s shoulder.

                “Yep. There are English menus,” Donghae nodded.

                That lifted my spirits a bit. Not the fact that Henry could read what we were going to order, but he and Hae were acting civilly…..for the most part. I don’t know how they acted when I wasn’t with them, but at least they were kind of getting along. After I heard their conversation in my room a while back, it did make me anxious to leave them alone.

                “Fish yeay!” Sungmin’s spirits were lifted, “Wait……Donghae, do you know a lot about fish?”

                “Uh, not really, why?”

                “It’s just because, I figured the sea would know a lot about fish,” Sungmin giggled at his joke. I cracked a smile. Good one Minnie.

                “Hahaha, you’re hysterical!” Donghae said sarcastically, “Like I haven’t heard that one before….”

                The restaurant was packed. Inside were all types of people. There were tourists like us (the huge camera said it all), fishermen, business men, and regular people (from what I could tell).  To the right was a sushi chef preparing all of the dishes that would be placed out on the belt. To the left of the restaurant was seating. It was hard to find spots, but luckily a large group was just getting up to leave.

                Yesung and Kangin immediately dove for the seats, but refused to sit next to each other because of their quarrel earlier. Leeteuk, the mediator, was stuck between them. It was all good, until Sungmin, Henry, and Hae sat down. There were no more seats. I searched around to find one, but there wasn’t an extra.

                “What’re you looking for?” Donghae asked.

                “A seat. There are none left.” I held in my annoyed sigh.

                “Here,” He swerved outward to the aisle and set his legs sturdy on the ground. He patted his lap and opened up  his arms. I paused, but sat down regardless. This wasn’t that bad of PDA, right?

                Donghae linked his arms around my waist and spun us back in to face the table. I picked up the menu and opened it to reveal mouthwatering pictures of delectable sushi that would be prepared fresh. Hae rested his head on my shoulder and looked at the pictures with me. Well, we couldn’t read kana after all.

                “Did you get the English menu?” Leeteuk asked Henry.

                “It has the English captions below,” Henry responded and flipped through the laminated book.

                “But ordering will be the hard part,” Kangin watched the chef gently slice off succulent tuna and place it on a small prism of rice.

                “Do you want to share?” Donghae asked me.

                “Yeah, sure,” I agreed. I wasn’t that hungry, and from the looks of it, the dishes were pretty sizeable.

                Yesung was so captivated by the conveyer belt, and watched the black rubber run by instead of picking off anything to eat. He pressed a finger down to touch it, and jumped back with a giggle when it rubbed on the pad of his pointer finger. This kid has some problems…

                “Hey, watch this,” Sungmin, who was sitting next to Donghae and I, whispered. He showed us Ddangkoma, who was in the palm of his hand below his waist. Looking to make sure Yesung did not see, he placed the turtle on an empty plate, and let it ride down the conveyer belt.

                “Sungmin!” I laughed but criticized at the same time. The plate came flying past Yesung, who barely noticed it. He did a double take and yelped in horror as Ddangkoma ran by him.

“Ddangkoma!!!” Yesung leapt forward onto the bar and grabbed his turtle with both hands, attracting most of the customers and the staff. Yesung was cooing at his pet, but paused once he realized what he was doing. He slowly backed off and bowed to everyone in the restaurant:

                “Gomen nasai,” He apologized in Japanese and sat down.

                “How did he not know it was gone?” Henry chuckled behind his hand and elbowed Sungmin in the ribs jokingly.

                “He almost forgot him again! When he was playing with the octopus, I saved the turtle from being chopped in pieces by a fisherman!” Sungmin defended, “He deserved it!”

                That was the end to our pranks…..for now. We ordered some dishes that weren’t available off the assembly line, and also took some off of there as well. I realized that there was one plus to sharing a seat. You only needed one pair of chopsticks! Well, this was because Hae refused to feed himself, so I was doing it for him.

                “Sweet egg, onegashimas!” Hae opened his mouth wide like a baby bird expecting mush from its mommy.

                “Hai,” I picked up the folded, yellow rectangle and rotated back to plop it in his mouth.

                “Oishii!” Donghae chewed and smiled with the food shoved to one side of his cheek. Aww, he’s so cute.

                “Let me try feeding you,” Donghae stole the chopsticks from my hands and picked up a sashimi. I opened my mouth to chomp down, but his hand suddenly went wide. It came back to center, and I tried again. And a third time, a fourth, and then a-

                “Stop it!” I hissed and followed the sashimi like a snake under a charmer’s spell. Donghae just laughed and held it in front of my face again. I gave him the stink eye and quickly nommed down. Hae gave me a look of surprise when I wasn’t letting go of the chopsticks. There was no way he was going to get them back after that.

                “Young, what’re you-” Donghae yanked on the sticks and I growled in response.

                “You deprive her of food and she becomes a beast,” Sungmin hit me below the jaw to get me to release the chopsticks and wrapped them in a napkin to keep someone from using them.

                Donghae gave me a weird look and I just popped a sushi into my mouth while staring back. No one was going to come between me and food.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

                “Wow,” I was swept in a current of people, staring up at the buildings, advertisements, and neon. There were a lot of electronic shops with their sale prices pasted all over windows in bright red kana. On anime/manga/bookstores there were wall scrolls of cute, bodacious anime chicks giving us the “v” sign for victory. It was only midday and the neon was on. Tokyo’s whole electric bill must be enormous!

                “Konnichiwa! Hajimae!” Two girls sporting cosplay were busy entertaining a pedestrian that was captured by their charms. They were speaking to him and constantly referring to the papers in their hands. We passed a store that blasted pop music so loud that the ground was shaking as we walked by.

                “Yesung!” Sungmin had to restrain his brother from leaping down the street at the sight of two maid café workers handing out flyers.

                “What?!” He defended.

                “We can’t go into a maid café till Henry gets out from the store!” Henry had seen something that caught his eye and took a detour while we were in Akihabara.

                “What can be so interesting? He’s been in there for almost half an hour!” Yesung complained and let out a little sob as the café workers turned the corner, out of his sight. Just then Henry came running out with his bag flying off his arm.

                “What is it?” Kangin blocked the bag from hitting him in the face. Just to clarify how bad the stain on his cheek was, it’s been over two hours and it hasn’t gone away, even with soap.

                “Leeteuk! Crazy girls! Come quick!” Henry ran back inside and we all followed.

The inside of the bookstore was packed with girls everywhere. There was a table with a person in front of it, signing manga books for those in line, waiting. Was this a fan signing? There was a standing poster next to the table, showcasing the cover of the manga series. There was a dark haired girl alongside a boy with orange hair under an umbrella. I didn’t have time to examine it closer because we were running past it by then.

“Look!” Henry pointed!

“Oh my god!” Kangin gasped.

Our poor Teukie was trapped in a corner, surrounded by a mob of kyaaing and screaming girls. They were jumping up and down and taking pictures at him from every angle.

“Kyo Sohma! Kyo Senpai!” The girls were incessantly chanting and squealing. This was definitely a case of fan girls gone mad. One girl dared to poke Leeteuk, and rebounded back, writhing on the spot when she did.

“Why are they acting like this?!” Yesung said.

“Wait, what do you all see when you look at that poster?!” Donghae pointed to one above Leeteuk’s head. The poster was similar to the standing one near the table we had seen. Ok, so there were two teenagers. The point is…..?

Hold on. Anime character, orange hair. Leeteuk, orange hair. Anime character, Leeteuk. Leeteuk…..was mistaken for a fictional character?! My jaw dropped.

“There’s no way they’d think Leeteuk is him!” I shook my head.

“Maybe they think he’s cosplaying?” Sungmin suggested.

“We have to get him out of there, NOW!” Kangin bellowed, “Min, darowa!” Kangin pushed into the girls head first, and managed to clear the first row. After he was inside with Sungmin, the outer chain closed once more, taking two more boys hostage.

“Hyung!” Kangin’s loud voice attracted Leeteuk’s attention. When he saw a large and manly hand reaching for him, Leeteuk didn’t hesitate in grabbing on. Sungmin had a hold on Kangin, and the three of them fought the girls to the final ring, only to be swallowed up again.

“RUN!” Sungmin yelled in a cry of attack and began sprinting and weaving through the girls. The four of us, who had been bystanders, watched as a trio, linked by hands, ran with a pack of girls trailing dangerously close behind. The mob was stupidly heading right for the rest of us, and then we were running, but to keep from being trampled.

I pumped my little legs as fast as they could go, but they failed me at the opening of the store. One of the fan girls was so close to tripping me, but a yank off to the left out of nowhere had me thrown against the exterior wall. I panted heavily to see Donghae, who had pulled me out of the way, Henry, Yesung, Kangin, and Sungmin. Wait, weren’t Kangin and Sungmin supposed to be with Leeteuk?

“HELPP!” Leeteuk screamed and shot down the street with arms flailing every which way and the girls still in hot pursuit.

“Oh ,” Kangin cursed when the cross walk signaled green, which resulted in losing sight of Leeteuk, “We have to go look for him!” After the crowd had dispersed, there still was no Leeteuk. We rushed up to the corner, but were struck with a problem. There were three different alleys that Leeteuk could have run down.

“Let’s split up,” Henry suggested.

“I choose you, Canada!” Kangin grabbed the trilingual speaker and took the first alley. Damn it! Henry would so be the beneficial one in this situation!

 “Hae, you’re the one with the book!” Sungmin knew of the maps inside of Donghae’s travel book, and took him before I could. I shot him the dirtiest look I could muster. Now I was stuck with Yesung to explore the third alley.

“Oh god!” I sighed nervously and ran a hand through my hair. Where the could Leeteuk be?!

“How come Leeteuk got to be the one to be chased by girls?” Yesung snapped, a bit irritated.

“You honestly want to be in his position right now?!” I asked incredulously with an eyebrow raised.

“Well,” Yesung began with a pause, but I tuned out his explanation. Boys, especially the ones I lived with, could be so much like girls sometimes…

The alley we had to go explore, was, for a better lack of the word, messed up. It started off normal, with electronic stores, furniture stores, and arcades, but as we went deeper in, we began to see places like bars and dance clubs. I was scanning the tops of heads, to try to see if there was a speck of orange, and saw some! I spun around excitedly to tell Yesung, but he wasn’t there.

“Yesung? Yesung!” I called. When my eyes passed a store off to the left, I understood why he was there. Yesung was reading-or failing at reading- a flyer on a closed hostess club.

“What are you doing?” I asked when I was next to him.

“Trying to find out when this place opens,” Yesung nodded determinedly and gazed at the pictures of pretty hostesses.

“You can’t read it!” I tugged on his jacket sleeve impatiently, but he wasn’t budging. Anxious at the thought I would lose the orange speck ahead, I just left him there and ran after the head.

I was migrating the quickest I could through the people with my eyes trained on my target. I was nearing the end of the block, and was about to cross the road when the stupid sign changed to red. A line of succeeding semis made a wall of white, and when they passed the orange speck was no longer there. I wanted to scream in frustration. If I hadn’t stopped to bother Yesung, I might have been able to catch up with it!!

The crosswalk changed back to the white man, and I decided to continue to that next road. Like the directionally challenged idiot I am, I made a left turn without thinking, which had me going down another completely different road. Many other orange specks distracted me along the way, and soon, I found myself totally lost, without any idea of where I was.

When I checked the street signs overhead, I couldn’t make out any familiar characters, or hints that might lead me down the right path again. At that moment, all I knew was that I was near some motels, a cinema, and clubs. Even by looking at the faces of the people on the street, I could not find a characteristic that would resemble that of a Korean’s.

I pulled out my phone, only to find that I had no internet connection, and the area I was in didn’t allow me to make calls. , I was so screwed! Panic began to set in, and my heart was beating so fast that I was afraid I would hyperventilate. This wondrous city of neon and old culture wasn’t appealing anymore. Now, it was a never ending maze.

“No!” I cried out, not caring if anyone heard me, “Why did I have to be so stupid? Now I’m lost……” I whined. I was so close to giving up and just sit down in the middle of the sidewalk, but then there was hope.

“Do you need help?”

I whipped to my right eagerly and was stunned. In front of me was an angel, all dressed in white. 

A/N: I looked up online to see who Suju looked most like from animes, and I got from Kyo Sohma Fruits Basket for Teukie! Accurate, I personally think. Who do you think the man in white is?! Leave your answer in the comments! I'm dying to know you all's imagination!!