Unexpected

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

A/N: I am literally so close to dying. Not only will I be gone for a week starting Saturday (WITHOUT INTERNET SO NOOOO UPDATE sorry T.T) the Spy MV isn't out yet!!!!! I'm going to march up to SM ent and kill the directors! That, or haijack the air plane the south korean teams fly back on from the olympics (Lee Beom Young, the goalkeeper for the men's soccer team, is like SOOOOO DELICIOUS! I'm gonna steal him, and make him mine, so DIBS!) But here is chapter 13:

 

                Your Pov

 

                There stood the tall and beautiful landlord. Decked out in a traditional Indian sari with heavy eyeliner and a bindi, she had her hands on her hips while judging us. Usually, most mothers would be ready to go on an angry rampage whilst killing anyone who got in her way. Upon seeing this, she just became mischievous. This is why she and Zhou Mi were like peas in a pod, both of them were confident, loud, and most of the time, up to no good.

                “Who is this boy toy you brought home?” Omoni grabbed Donghae by the back of his pants and yanked him towards her. Donghae struggled, afraid.

                “He’s cute~,” She cooed, “Is he a welcome home present for me?”

                “Yes, of course he is,” I rolled my eyes and sat up in bed. Donghae shot me a look like: ‘Why aren’t you helping me get away from this mad woman?!?!?!!?!?’

                “Then, I can just take him, right?” She winked and then Donghae was being dragged on his stomach, off the bed, and across the carpet. Omoni just held him by the edge of his pant leg, not caring that she might hurt the boy, and ignored his cries for help.

                “Ae-Young!” Donghae managed to stick one hand on to the corner of the door frame. He reached for me desperately and he became more frantic and scared when I started laughing. With a furious yank, Donghae disappeared and his protesting became louder as the two of them went down the hallway.

                “Wait, please! Ahjumma!!! Let me go, please!” Donghae yelled.

                “Ahjumma?! Pssh, don’t call me that ever again!”

                I laughed and followed them into the main living area. Teukie’s Umma was young, only 45, and she hated being called an ahjumma. I bet, even when she’s old and grey, she’s going to insist on being called Noona or Unnie.

                Omoni had drug Donghae into the middle of the living room, in the space between the TV and couches. Everyone was sitting there, watching the live entertainment. At the door, I could see large suitcases. She must have just gotten home. None of us know when we can expect to have her home because of her frequently changing schedule. Last time we talked, she was planning to come home at the beginning of November.

                “You guys are so sweet, giving me this!” Omoni grinned and let go of Donghae, “I’m afraid he may be too young though….”

                “It’s ok, I’ll just call back the Buy A Boyfriend hotline I have on speed dial,” Zhou Mi played along and pulled out his phone like he was ready to do so, “We bought him recently, so it shouldn’t be too hard to return him.”

                “Aww, and I liked this one,” Sungmin pouted.

                “That’s cruel!” Yesung flopped to the floor and rescued Donghae, “How could you say that to my buddy!”

                “Buddy? Hmm,” Omoni wandered off into thought.

                “How was India?” Kangin pulled her back to reality.

                “Great! I ran into some delightful monks, ate some delicious cuisine, and got some great pictures for next month’s magazine! Oh, I also brought home gifts!” She giggled excitedly and ran off to her suitcases. Teuk’s mom was a journalist, writer, and photographer for a travel magazine. She’s gone to a lot of places, like China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Africa, Japan, South America, Australia, Croatia, France…….I wish I could go to those places too….

                “Here they are!” She popped back with a large shopping bag. Each of the house members got a present, with each of our personalities/interests in mind. Yesung received a large, beautifully sculpted wood turtle, which he loved. Kangin, who was into a lot of sports, got a rugby jersey from the Indian national team. Sungmin got a pretty, yet manly, necklace with a dark red stone pendant. Henry was given a CD with music by a famous, Indian violinist who was popular in India. Leeteuk got a button up shirt with hints of gold and other tassles and beading that screamed Bollywood. I doubted he would wear that anywhere….It seemed more like a joke.

                Zhou Mi and I were the last ones to get our presents, and to our annoyance, they were couples outfits. Omoni had picked me out a gorgeous, pink sari, but had also bought Zhou Mi the male counterpart which was the exact same shade. We gave her an incredulous look and she shrugged in exasperation.

                “They were on sale! It was a good deal!” Umma tried to explain.

                “We are never wearing these at the same time,” Zhou Mi said seriously to me.

                “If you had told me you had a boyfriend earlier, I would have bought Siwon one too!” Umma winked at Siwon. He just smiled back politely. I guess she and him caught up already….

                “Regardless of the fashion police, thank you Umma,” I smiled and hugged her. She patted my head. She checked her watch and then announced:

                “It’s 8:36! Shouldn’t you three be going home?” This was directed towards Han Geng, Siwon, and Donghae.

                “Ah, yes. I have a 9:00 curfew. Thanks for dinner, and nice meeting you,” Siwon bowed graciously to Teukie’s Umma, “Bye babe,” Siwon smooched Zhou Mi on the cheek and headed out with some goodbyes.

                “I have martial arts practice early tomorrow morning, so I should get going too,” Han Geng made his leave, but not without exchanging a few words with Umma in Chinese. I couldn’t understand it, but I saw Zhou Mi and Henry chuckle.

                “And you,” Umma stopped Donghae when he was at the door, getting ready to make his exit. He cringed and tensed, probably hoping not to get dragged again, “I believe I’ll be seeing a lot of you later on.” She patted me and Donghae on the shoulders knowingly.

                “Yes,” Donghae stuttered out. As he was out on the front step and Umma was closing the door, he whipped back to us, “Ah, wait! My name is Lee Donghae, by the way. Nice to meet you.” He bowed.

                “Oh I know you. My Teukie angel tells me everything that goes on through calls and emails! I even got that picture off his phone!”

                I blushed heavily, remembering back to the day Donghae and I shared our first kiss when Leeteuk and Sungmin took a picture. Why would Leeteuk send that to his mom?! Any normal person wouldn’t do that!  Well, none of us are normal, per se……

                “Goodnight~!” Umma ended and closed the door in Donghae’s face. She hooked on to the back of my shirt when I was attempting to sneak back into my room quietly.

                “About what you saw back in the room….I can totally explain!” I smiled sheepishly and put on my goody two shoes act.

                “There’s no need!” She waved it off, “I was once 16 and hormone crazy! Just don’t do anything stupid.”

                “Ok,” I trekked forward only to be pulled back again, “Yes, Umma?” I tried not to sigh.

                “I just wanted to know……”She trailed off seriously, “Where did you find him?! He’s absolutely adorable!” I rolled my eyes at her fan girlish squealing.

                “They do not sell boys in the black market anymore!”

                “Really? Aish, I’ve got to take my membership out then.”

                I laughed at our teasing. It was great to have Umma back, but it was sad to know that she’ll only be here for a short remainder of time…

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                It was the middle of the night, when a throbbing pain on the inside of my hips awoke me. I sat there for a moment, hoping it would subside, but the clenching spread downwards to my thighs. I also had the need to pee, so I figured I should just get up anyways so I could stretch out at the same time.

                My eyes flinched at the bright contrast of the overhead lights in the bathroom. It took me a second to adjust and to rid the black spots clouding my vision. As I sat down on the toilet and relieved myself, I saw my underwear and squinted in frustration. You’d think I’d know the symptoms now. Irritability, soreness, cramping, the feeling to pee……. I had my period.

                “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                My wails had woken the whole house up last night. Yesung thought the world was ending, and dove for cover with Kangin. Henry, like the heavy sleeper he is, didn’t wake up. Leeteuk was so confused for a while, but understood once Umma found out what was going on with me. Sungmin was too tired to care, and Zhou Mi was so close to cursing me out for interrupting his beauty sleep.

                Umma managed to calm me down and get me back to sleep. I was going to thank her in the morning, but when we were all up and getting ready  for school, there was a note on the counter from her saying she had already left. This time she was on her way to Spain. It was usually like this, but it was only on rare occasions where she stayed for two days.

                As my normal period symptoms succeeded, I practically transformed into a female gozilla. From the morning I woke up, I was eating a breakfast made for two and stuffing more granola bars into my bag for later. Anyone who spoke to me would most likely be snapped at and or get a rude remark. My cramps were so painful, I was almost falling over with each step I took because of my cast that added on to my struggling. If someone wanted to argue with me today, I would most likely deck them.

                As I stumbled through the hallway a dark aura emitted from me. I could see a boy flinch and rub his arms up and down at the sudden chill. Where it came from, he didn’t know. But he did have a guess that it came from the girl clunking past him.

                When I reached the classroom, Donghae was in his seat, scanning over his notes. I usually thought it was cute the way his lips pursed and eyebrows sinched in concentration. Now, on gozilla mode, a fuzzy puppy covered in flowers, handing me a cupcake couldn’t be cute.

                “Hey,” I greeted monotonously and slumped down in my seat.

                “Hey,” Donghae replied, not tearing once from his notes. When he did, he had to do a retake.

                “Woah, are you alright? You look terrible!” He sympathized.

                “No,” I said bluntly.

                “Are you sick? You should have stayed home….”

                His kind words were almost making me more annoyed.

                “Do you really want to know what’s wrong with me?” I challenged his sincerity with a raised eyebrow. Donghae just leaned forward in anticipation for what I would say next.

                “I’m on my period. And I feel like crap,” I said this, not expecting any sorry condolences in return. How could he know what it was like to be in hell for one month anyways? He was just a guy after all….

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                “Bye, take care!” My boss showed our last customer out the door. It was closing time at the café….thank god. My cramps were at their worst now, but my headache had subsided which lightened my load. The café was slow tonight, so I was able to complete 3/4ths of my homework. That gave me a brighter outlook for the evening because maybe I would have time to catch up and watch my drama….

                I was busy locking up the register when the doorbell chimed. Boss must have forgotten to switch the sign from open to closed, so now a customer was here to order. Even though I didn’t want to, we’ll have to serve him…..

                “Hi, how can I help-” I lifted my head up to face the person, but I stopped short. It wasn’t a customer at the counter, but Donghae. His arms were hanging loose beside him.

                “Hey, what are you doing in here? You’re early,” I checked the clock on the wall. I offered a small smile, despite my sour mood.

                “Well, you told me about your problem earlier,” Donghae’s eyebrows rose at the implied word, “And I wanted to be of some help. My mom’s is really bad so she said that these would ease the pain.”

                I could barely believe what I was looking at. Here was literally the sweetest man in South Korea, no the planet, holding a box of chocolates and bouquet of flowers for me. Considering that most high schoolers don’t get a weekly allowance or minimum wage, no matter how good of the quality the chocolates were, I would eat them all. The gesture was just so thoughtful I was so close to crying.

                “Oh!” My hands flew to my mouth. Tears were threatening to spill over, and I attempted to wipe them away without being so obvious.

                “Are you happy now?” The corners of his eyes crinkled with his smile.

                “Why are you so nice?! You’re going to make me cry!” I rushed out from behind the register and hugged him tightly. It was awkward for Donghae because of the objects in his hands, but I felt him set them down and become able to hold me.

                “Aww,” I heard Boss coo at us, “That’s so sweet.” The man was a er for romance.

                “Your shift is over, right?” Donghae asked me.

                “Yeah. Just let me grab my bag and we can leave.” I unwillingly released him and went back behind the counter for my backpack. We bid our goodbyes to Boss and to the rest of the staff, and then headed home, hand in hand. I was the lucky one and got to hold the flowers. I lifted them to my nose and inhaled the strong aroma of roses and chrysanthemums.

                “The flowers are really pretty. I’m going to have to put them in water as soon as I get home so they can last longer.”  I commented absentmindedly.

                “I tried to find orchids, but the only ones available were potted, so….” Donghae’s lips twitched in disappointment.

                “How do you know my favorite flower?” I questioned. I don’t recall ever telling him that, but then again, I sometimes have trouble even remembering what I had for breakfast the day prior.

                “Zhou Mi and I were talking and it came up.”

                “Oh, if Zhou Mi told you that, then he must have also expressed his hatred for them,” I laughed.

                “He did,” Donghae chuckled back, “I don’t see anything wrong with them.”

                “Thank you! They are beautiful plants! How he does not fathom their intense beauty I do not know.”

                “You seem to be in a lot better of a mood than this morning,” Donghae said after a couple pauses of silence.

                “That’s because you made me feel better,” I told him straight forward. I could see a faint blush and I smiled.     

                “Then I succeeded!” He lifted our intertwined hands up like he finished winning a race at the Olympics. Maybe it was Donghae taking my mind off of the grueling walk home, but as we barley traveled another block, we were already turning into my neighborhood. There was a bubbling sense of guilt, and I had to make it known.

                “Now I feel the need to buy you flowers and chocolate,” I told him.

                “You don’t have to! Anyways, imagine how ridiculous it would be if you showed up with flowers and chocolate at school?” Donghae played his retort off as a joke.

                “But I want to!”

                “Then I won’t let you!”

                “Please?”

                “No.”

                “Please.”

                “No~!” Donghae sang.

                “Pwease?!” I busted out full on aegyo and hugged his arm that we were connected by. He blinked down at me, and I wansn’t sure if he was going to given in or not, “Oppa!!!”

                “……..Fine.” Donghae sighed. I cheered and jumped up and down. We stood outside, continuing to talk together, even though we had reached my house.

                “Ah, but I don’t know when I should get you it! You don’t get periods after all…..” I realized that getting him a gift and when I should give it to him, would be harder than I thought.

                “Well, there is an important date coming up in 5 days if you want to get me a present then…..” He hinted for me.

                I zoned out for a moment and thought. What would be in 5 days? It’s October……I know he’s mentioned a special date for this month, but what is it? If today is the 10th, then in 5 days it would be……

                “Oh, oh, oh! I know!” I jumped up and down excitedly at my amazing memory.

                “You figured it out?” Donghae spoke to me in amusement as if I were a child.

                “It’s your birthday in 5 days!”

                “You’re right!” A large smile broke out on his face, “When you have an idea, will you tell me what you’re going to get?”

                “No way! That would ruin the surprise!”

                “Aww! That’s not cool!”

                “Thanks for the chocolates and flowers.” I kissed him on the cheek.

                “You’re welcome, but you missed.”

                “Missed? Missed what?”

                To answer my question, Donghae captured my lips with his. Feeling completely comfortable with one another because of the many kisses we have shared, we wasted no time deepening it and opening our mouths to grant our tongues access. There was a high pitched squeak, and Donghae and I separated.

                 There was Ryeowook and Kibum, who were more than likely coming to my house. Ryeowook’s face was a deep red, and he was hiding behind Kibum. Kibum not only ignored the tiny guy peeking over his shoulder, but Donghae and I was well. It was like he suddenly had interest in the cloudless sky.

                “Oh, sorry,” I giggled.

                “Well you two are very…….close,” Ryeowook cleared his throat.

                “You didn’t know we were dating?” Donghae gauged Ryeowook’s comment.

                “You are?!” Ryewook’s eyes widened, “When did that happen?!”

                “For a while Wook,” Kibum interjected.

                “Huh?!”

                “I’m surprised you didn’t catch on sooner. It was going around the school weeks ago,” Kibum added.

                “…..Was that why girls were crying over Donghae’s picture?”

                “That’s just creepy,” My nose crinkled. How stalkerish could girls really get until it gets to be an obsession? I’ll have to keep a closer eye on Donghae from now on….

                “Wait, why didn’t anyone tell me!” Ryeowook ranted over the fact he didn’t know I wasn’t single, “Ooh, I’m gonna get ‘em!” He left the three of us outside and ran into the house. We could hear Ryeowook’s faint shouts as the door shut behind him.

                “The poor kid’s so oblivious,” Kibum rolled his eyes, “I’m going to head in. Continue if you want,” He gestured between the two of us, “But I doubt you’ll be able to do that long because Kangin will know you’re here.”

                “Ok, thanks. I’ll only keep her here for a bit.” Donghae said. Kibum nodded. We waited to do anything until Kibum was inside the house. I snuggled Donghae as if it were possible to conjoin our bodies together. That wouldn’t be that bad…….but going to the bathroom would certainly be a problem. Donghae did the same, which made me smile.

                “You should go,” Donghae murmured minutes later.

                “You’re right. But do you want a chocolate?” I offered, “Once the guys know I have them, I’ll hardly have any left for myself.”

                “Only if you split one with me.”

                “Why?” We let go. Donghae, who was holding the chocolates, popped off the lid to reveal a tray of four rows of six. They were all different colors, shapes, forms, and sizes. It was hard to choose one.

                “Because I have to stay off the fats. I’m almost at perfection with my six pack.”

                “Six pack?” I tried to boil down the interest in my voice. My thoughts were creeping into the gutter now. But I didn’t want to seem like I was erted….

                “Yes, abs of steel. You wanna see?” He smirked and began to pull up his heavy sweater. I caught a sliver of his milky white, toned stomach, and I blushed like crazy and yanked it down.

                “S-stop!” I stuttered with a blush. He was making me embarrassed and nervous too often.

                Donghae laughed loudly at my panicked face, “Ok, maybe another time. How about…..” His eyes scanned over the chocolates, “this one!” He picked out a dark chocolate in square form.

                “How are we gonna cut it?” I stared at the candy between Donghae’s thumb and index finger.

                “Cut it? There’s no need for that,” Donghae closed the box and set it on the ground.

                “Huh?” My head cocked to the side in confusion. He didn’t mean what I thought he meant……did I? And just as I thought, he held a corner of the sugary confection by his teeth and swooped down on me.

                “This is the second time we’ve had chocolate in our mouths!” I giggled and took my half without hesitation. His minty breath, along with cologne clouded my brain. Just like many other times, I could only think of Donghae. The biting process was done simply without any unsuspected kissing. Even without that, we still stayed somewhat intimate, and rested foreheads against one another. It was nice.

                “I’ll see you tomorrow,”  I bid Donghae goodbye and took my flowers and chocolates with me.

                “Bye!”

                When I was inside the house, I was suspicious that no one was crowding me at the door, or giving me certain looks. Everyone was casually lounging around the house like they usually do, as if I had come home alone. Leeteuk greeted me as he came from the area where the kitchen and the window met.

                “Ooh, where did you get those?” Leeteuk swiped the chocolates. He faced the guys and held the box above his head, “FOOD!”

                There was an instantaneous whipping of heads and there were 14 eyes on him. It was barely a second before they were all pouncing on Leeteuk to get the dessert. It was a dog pile of mixed limbs. Kangin, as the strongest and the one who ate the most, managed to steal three. Everyone else got 1-2. All except Sungmin, who wasn’t present…….where was he?

                I walked around the living space to see if I could find him. When I did, it was in a quite strange place. There was a window that faced the front yard, through which most of us spy on neighbors. Sungmin was facing it, but in his hands, was a camera on a tripod. I grew angry when I realized the only reason why he could be doing that.

                “You’re videotaping us now, are you?!” I hit Sungmin.

                “Taking pictures is too under rated. I’m ahead of the game now,” Sungmin picked up the camera and left the tripod at the window.

                “Give that to me!” I whined and swiped for it as Sungmin held it out of my reach over his head.

                “Never~!” Sungmin held me on the ground by my head with one hand.

                I chased after Sungmin relentlessly until he managed to lock himself in his room. The ambush between the other 7 guys had ended and they were now reclining peacefully in the living room. As I banged incessantly on the bathroom door, yelling at Sungmin to let me in, I was also quite content, despite my furious notions. As I thought to myself, I came to the conclusion that I didn’t like Donghae anymore. It was developing, shifting, translating into something different. Relying on my knowledge of dramas and romantic manhwas, it was obvious. I think I was……falling in love with Lee Donghae.

A/N: Does anyone else turn into godzilla too? I sure do, it AIN'T pretty!!! And just out of curiousity, and please don't take offense to this, are there any female idols that you'd all be ok with being gay? And no, do not say Amber because she will be used later in the story :3 !! Leave it in the comments section, or send me a private message for your ideas if you don't want to let everyone see....... I want to try something different, so that's why I was wondering........ Oh, and I see some people have voted in the poll. Wow, AJ?! I had a feeling he would be in the lead for now. And I cannot wait till he comes to NY! I live an hour and a half from Columbia University, so I can go stalk and be a sasaeng fan as much as I want!!! BWAHAHAH HOHOHOHO!!! Ahem, anyways.......yeah.

LOL ME STALKING AJ:

teen_top.gif WELL! Hey there gorgeous! And no, this will be the face I make whilst peeking at him through his dorm window XD

yuri-scared.gif?t=1258137499

And he'll be all like: AHHH!!!!! SASAENG PSHYCOS EXIST IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!