Halloween

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

A/N: Just wanted to let you all know, that I'm slowly falling into a writer's block these days. As soon as I finished this chapter, my mind was at blank at what to do, so I wouldn't expect a good chapter for the next one.....Ok, now that I'm done with my excuses, here's chapter 15:

Your Pov

“I found something interesting today on the internet,” Ryeowook began at another ordinary day at our lunch spot.

“What would that be?” Leeteuk took a bite of his bread.

“I didn’t know this until now, but there’s this big celebration America has on the 31st. It’s called Halloween, and all the kids dress up in costumes to get candy from neighbors!”

“Yeah, I did that once,” Henry nodded. He was our main foreigner, being Chinese and Canadian. So whenever there was news from the west, we generally looked towards him for input.

“Where are you going with this Wook? It’s not like we can convince all of Korea by tonight to do participate,” Yesung popped Ryewook’s bubble, and it made me sad to see him crestfallen.

“But,” Henry added, “We could use this as an excuse to have a party!”

That lightened up Wook right away, “Yeay! We can eat a lot of candy and watch scary movies!”

“Scary movies?” Kangin paled. For a tough guy, he couldn’t take supernatural films. If it was gory and nothing popped out at you unexpectedly, it was ok with him.

“Candy?” Zhou Mi raised an eyebrow warily. He wasn’t the person for much exercise, so watching his weight was a constant task. With all the candy around, it was going to be hard for him to resist. Not to be mean, but if he gained a pound or two, I would laugh. The guy was stick skinny!

“Are we having the party tonight?” Heechul asked no one in particular.

“Yeah. Is everyone up for it?” Leeteuk answered him.

“We are,” Eunhyuk gestured between himself and Donghae, “But we’ll be there later because of dance practice.”

“As long as there is food and scary movies, I am in!” Shindong rubbed his hands together excitedly. He had a soft spot for really scary movies. I could tell he would most likely be bringing his whole collection with him.

Everyone else was up for it. Shindong, as I expected, was supplying the movies. Sungmin and I volunteered to pick up the candy and popcorn after school, which left the remainder of us to take responsibility for the drinks. Since it was quite a rare thing for us to watch scary movies, Sungmin and I were already plotting an evil plan.

“Oh I can’t wait till Kangin s his pants,” Sungmin giggled.

“Me either,” I laughed back, “Now….what kinds of candies can Zhou Mi absolutely not resist?” He and I sifted through the jumbo packs of candy available at the bargain stores.

“Sour stuff,” Sungmin murmured, “But we also have to get ones everyone else likes so he doesn’t get suspicious.”

“Ok so let’s grab four bags of sour candies, and just say there was a huge sale on them. And we can buy three bags of mixed,” I advised.

“Good plan,” Sungmin picked up a bag, and tossed it around in his hands, clearly looking for something. When the bunny found it, he stuck a finger on it and showed the label to me.

“See this removable price tag? Those have to be gone so Zhou Mi doesn’t try to see through our lie.”

“Nice catch.”

As we walked home from the nearby bargain store, we disposed of the price tags and discussed our plans to terrorize Kangin and the other scaredy cats that lived in our house. It wasn’t going to be too elaborate because everyone would be frightened already.

What would happen, is that we would for sure watch the movie about a psychopath that escaped from prison. Since this movie is wildly based off of a true story (aka…the directors stretched the truth WAY too much), it would be easier to convince the rest of them that maybe the man was still alive. Sungmin would purposefully leave his martial arts things out on the doorstep so he would have to retrieve it later on.

Out in the bushes, I will have hidden a stereo that plays the sound of a person being stabbed repeatedly, while Sungmin screams. As we open the door, Sungmin will be laying on the doorstep covered in fake blood he and I have being saving for a special occasion. He and I were so getting hell for it later, but their reactions would be worth it.

We arrived home, hiding the extra bags of sour candy in our jackets. Thankfully, Zhou Mi wasn’t it the room to see us. Kangin, Henry, and Yesung paid us no mind. Leeteuk, who was in the kitchen eating when we sprinted to the dining room table, became suspicious.

“Go go! Faster!” I urged Sungmin who was removing the tops off of the candy bags.

“What are you two doing?” Leeteuk said slowly. He leaned on the frame of the wall that connected the small dining room to the kitchen.

“Shh!” I held one finger to my lips, “Where is Zhou Mi?” I whispered.

“In his room with Siwon, why?”

Sungmin and I stopped what we were doing and shared a disgusted expression.

“Don’t tell me they’re doing what I think they are….” Sungmin shuddered.

“…..Maybe……” Leeteuk paused, “I never really thought about it but……”

“Great, now Henry will be scarred with the fact that Mimi and Wonnie get it on in their room.” I laughed and poured the first bag of opened candy into a large bowl on the table. Henry, who I thought wasn’t listening, all of a sudden fell off the couch. He staggered back on, looking at the three of us with a bright red face.

“As long as they keep it on his side of the room, it should be fine,” Henry coughed and settled back down. Sungmin and I silently laughed and evenly mixed in the sour candy with the others so it would not be as obvious that we purposefully bought more of that kind. When we were done with part one of our evil plots, more of our friends showed up, and soon we were only missing Eunhyuk and Donghae from the party.

It must have been around 40 minutes until Zhou MI and Siwon made their entrance. It was clear they had both had showers, but other characteristics set them apart. Zhou Mi was calm, but with a slight limp in his walk. Siwon, on the other hand, was not limping, but was completely exhausted. I greeted him and he just smiled blearily before collapsing on the counter.

“Well….” Yesung compared the couple the same way I was, “I can tell who tops,” He stared pointedly at Siwon, “You didn’t work him too hard, Zhou Mi?”

“He asked for round three,” Zhou Mi sang and picked at the candy. Henry, Sungmin, and I shuddered simultaneously. Kangin and Kibum laughed while Shindong and Ryeowook were absolutely horrified.

  “Not the most dedicated Christian, are you?” Kangin snorted and patted Siwon on the back.

Even though my innocent mind was now tainted, Sungmin and I nudged one another once we saw Zhou Mi plop two candies into his mouth. Our journey to get him gain weight was now in action.

We ordered seven, extra-large pizzas for the sixteen of us, which were almost gone the moment it arrived. Leeteuk managed to salvage 3/4ths of a pie left for Donghae and Eunhyuk as well as half a liter of water. It wasn’t much, but considering that Kangin and Shindong ate a whole pie between themselves……

Now we were all crammed in the living room, centered around the TV. Like I had predicted, Shindong brought along his collection of horror films ranging from all over the world. Sungmin, trying not to look too eager, dove for the movie that would carry out our plan.

“This one?” Shindong questioned when Sungmin handed it to him.

“We haven’t watched it in a while and it’s one of my favorites!” Sungmin cutely whined and wiggled on the spot. No one could resist Sungmin’s aegyo, so naturally he won. Sungmin squeezed in on the floor next to me and we high-fived secretly. Phase two of the plan commence in 95 minutes….

It was quite the comical sight. Everyone had their eyes trained on the TV, blindly digging into the popcorn bowls and stuffing their faces. As much as Sungmin and I were focused on scaring Kangin, I felt bad for Ryeowook, who was really afraid of anything. He had his eyes closed and was crouching behind a large pillow that was barely covering his whole body.

We were at one of the dramatic scenes. The heroine was in her kitchen, hair strewn in all directions from waking from a deep sleep suddenly. She thought there was someone there, watching her because of the other presence her “sixth sense” brought out. Knowing something was wrong, she ran to the kitchen for refuge, and sought to protect herself.

What she didn’t notice, was the broken window connected to her door. The door itself was closed shut, but on the handle……was a stain of fresh blood and scratches. There was someone in the house besides the heroine. She didn’t discover that, until she reached the rack where she kept the knives, and saw that they were all gone.

Then there was a thump and the girl whirled to face the sound that came from the hallway.The cameras only loomed in on the girl’s face, which trembled violently as she backed up faster and faster away from the approaching camera, which was most likely the point of view of the psychopath. She screamed so loud it would have busted ear drums, and then-

Our own door burst open and we all screamed, popcorn flying in the air and limbs scrambling everywhere. Siwon was shielding Zhou Mi, Shindong dove behind the arm of a couch, farthest from the door. Heechul and Han Geng were holding each other. Ryeowook and Kibum  had pillows up as shields while Yesung was a shield for his turtle. Kangin just covered his head and Leeteuk was frozen on the spot. Henry was lying underneath the couch and Sungmin and I were the same as Leeteuk.

“Umm, hi?” Eunhyuk waved.

“What the hell man?” Kangin’s eyes were b with tears. He threw pillows at Donghae and Eunhyuk, who were confused to why we were angry at them. A few more of us chorused with Kangin, but in the end we decided to stop watching the movie. That, and Sungmin and I silently called off our plan for later. Having that on top of what just happened wouldn’t be funny.

  “Is anyone happy to see us?” Eunhyuk was like a lost puppy that had just been scolded by his master.

  “I am,” I got up and ushered the two of them to the dining room, “You hungry?”

  “Starving,” Eunhyuk grabbed three slices of pizza without hesitation and piled that and chips on his plate. Donghae more politely took a slice of pizza and nothing else.

   "You can take more if you want,” I nudged Donghae slightly, “It might not be there if you want it later.”

    “I’m fine. It’s ab week,” Donghae patted his stomach, “And if I remember correctly, you have yet to see them,” He smirked and grabbed my hand. I yanked it back before he could do what I think he was going to do.

     “Not now!” I slapped him on the arm.

     “Not now what?” Zhou Mi asked. He entered the dining room to munch on some more sour candy.

     “Ae-Young is just dying to see my abs,” Donghae exaggerated.

     “No I’m not!”

      “Are they that good?” Zhou Mi launched a round, colorful orb into his mouth and chewed, “Let me see,” Zhou Mi boldly reached forward and tugged upward on Donghae’s shirt. I squeaked by accident.

       “Hmm,” Zhou Mi stared at the perfectly sculpted six pack while Donghae stood there calmly, “Not as good as Siwon’s.”

      “Hmm?” Siwon popped his head up over the couch when he heard his name.

       “Donghae’s abs! They aren’t as good as yours!” Zhou Mi said loud enough for the whole party to hear. Now there were all eyes on Donghae. I just wanted to pull down his shirt. I didn’t know how much longer I could last. My hands were just itching to run all over those tight planes…..

       “Hot damn!” Leeteuk commented.

       “Nice!” Heechul thumbs uped approvingly.

       "Stop making me feel so insecure!” Han Geng covered his own stomach.

        “Don’t you have a six pack?” Heechul tried to pull up Han Geng’s shirt, but was fought back.

      “Aniya! Chullie!”

       I swear, there was a bromance. And if Heechul had to go gay for anyone, it would be Han Geng. That would actually be a pretty nice couple….

       “Ok, peep show’s over,” Donghae chuckled and pulled his shirt back down. I sighed in relief. Donghae heard it and chuckled, leaning in close to my ear.

        “Don’t worry. Next time we’re alone I’ll let you touch it,” He whispered teasingly. My face went hot. I didn’t retort back because on the inside, I REALLY wanted to.

                “Younggie, do you still have my eyeliner?” Zhou Mi was still eating the sour candies.

                “I think so,” I nodded, “Why?”

                “Could you get it for me?”

                “Why now?”

                “So I don’t forget about it later.”

                “I’ll give it to you before we go to bed,” I was annoyed at his lame excuse.

                “Noo! Now!” Zhou Mi whined because he wasn’t getting his way.

                “I’ll get it for you,” Donghae volunteered, “Where is it?” He turned to me.

                “In my room. To the left will be a large dresser and on top of it will be a little, silver bottle which is the eyeliner.”

                “Gotcha!”

                “Thanks,” I rubbed his neck affectionately and let him leave. As soon as Donghae was down the hallway, Henry was in the crossroads of the hallway leading to the bedrooms.

                “Younggie, I’m going to go get my English book from you’re room, kay?” Henry announced.

                “Mmm, kay,” I paid him no attention. Eunhyuk, who was next to me, pinched my arm.

                “Ow! What was that for?” I rubbed the sore spot.

                “Do you know what you just did?!”

                “What?” I was confused to what I did wrong.

                “You just sent Henry and Donghae into the same room!”

                “Oh, crap,” I smacked my head to my forehead, “Wait, how do you know about Henry…?”

                “I’m Donghae’s best friend, I should atleast know that much,” Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, “Now go!” He pushed me in the direction of the hallway. I immediately limped as quickly as I could to my room. When I reached it, for some reason I didn’t open the door, but listened in with my ear against it.

“….I want to get something straight,” I had missed the first part of Henry’s sentence, but it still gave me enough to go on. There was a pause of silence and Henry continued.

                “You know I like Ae-Young, but it’s more than that.”

                “So you love her.” Donghae stated.

                “Yeah. She knows I do, and I constantly remind her so she won’t forget.”

                “Why are you doing that? What if she feels guilty?” I could tell Donghae was annoyed the way his voice rose higher.

                “She may feel guilty, but once she has a fight with you like a couple weeks ago, she knows she can come to me. If something like that happens again, I won’t hesitate in wooing her over.”

                “What if we’re happy. Are you going to take her happiness away from her?”

                “That’s the thing. I know I can treat her better, so from now on I’m not standing by. Every moment I have with her, I’ll take the initiative.”

                “And you’re so sure Ae-Young will let you?” I held my breath.

                “She hasn’t fallen in love.” Henry said as a matter of fact.

                “How do you know? What if she is starting to fall for me?”

                My heart skipped a beat. I knew I was, but I was scared. It was happening so fast, and I didn’t know how to stop it. Donghae was in my thoughts for whatever I did. I’ve never liked someone so strongly to the point I can barely go days without him.

                “Don’t get ahead of yourself. You’ve barely been dating three months.” Henry pointed out.

                “But in these three months I’ve found myself falling for her.” Donghae’s words brought a blush that covered my whole body in an extreme heat and tingles. My heart was beating wildly and I had to clasp my hands over my mouth to quiet the heavy breathing I was suddenly having because I couldn’t remember how to convert carbon dioxide into oxygen.

                Despite the fact that I wanted to stay and hear out the rest of the conversation, I crawled down the hallway and into the bathroom. There I let it all out, and listened to my breathing echo in the tiled room. My head it the back of the door and I pulled my knees to my chest. It wasn’t just me….Donghae was falling in love with me!

                I clumsily rose to my feet and stared at my complexion in the mirror. Just as I had felt, my cheeks were bright red. I didn’t even know that I was smiling. Time had passed so quickly, and I heard two pairs of footsteps thumping in the hallway, going to the living room. I hastily took two preparation breaths and stepped out of the bathroom with a façade on that I hadn’t eavesdropped on their conversation.  

                Henry was back on the couch chilling, and Donghae was with Eunhyuk at the counter, talking. It was like the conversation between them hadn’t occurred and they were back to distancing themselves from one another. I went towards Donghae and Eunhyuk.

                “Hey,” Donghae greeted, “Where were you? I didn’t see you when I came back.”

                “The bathroom. Nature calls!” I made a flapping bird out of my hands.

                “You’re so weird,” Eunhyuk copied my hand motion.

                “But it’s my kind of weird,” Donghae affectionately tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear. I blushed.

                “Eww, don’t do that in front of me!” Eunhyuk pretended to barf into his cup in his hand. Then, out of nowhere, there was a scream coming from the bathroom down the hall.

                “HOW DID I GAIN 1 KG?”

                Zhou Mi had started his journey on becoming fat.

A/N: Ok, yeah. Sorry that this wasn't as dramatic as some of you thought it might be. So now I have to whip up some amazingness for next week. -___- *stares at computer instensely*