The New Kid

Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers"

dfssdAsdA?N: A 

                A/N: Umm, sorry this is very long, but I didn't know where to end it, hahaha. But enjoy! Please comment! :D

               “SUNGMIN! GIVE HIM BAAACK!” Yesung ran screaming through the hallways with a BB gun in hands. Our pink flirt, Sungmin, just skipped merrily down the hallway with Yesung’s turtle in hands. The turtle freak was getting more frustrated by the minute because he couldn’t keep up the ninja holding his closest companion hostage.

                “Come on Ddangkoma, let’s add some rhinestones to that drab shell of yours,” Sungmin bounded down the hallway to the bathroom where his bedazzle kit was held. He tried to open up the door, but after a couple of twists, he realized it was locked. The carefree grin disappeared from his face, and he spun around with a look of pure terror.

                “You can’t go anyywheree noowww! BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!” Yesung raised the BB gun with a crazed expression.

                “No! Please! Anything but that! THINK OF THE TURTLE!” Sungmin held Ddangkoma out in front of him as a human shield.

                Tears welled up in Yesung’s eyes, “M-mianhae, Ddangkoma,” He whispered, “But I have to do this. Think of your brothers. Sungmin will go for them too if I don’t stop him now! You’re sacrifice won’t go unnoticed!” A strangled gasp escaped and Yesung positioned the gun in between Sungmin’s eyes.  He pulled his finger back to the trigger and-

                “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” A blood curdling shriek woke up everyone in the house, but it didn’t come from who you would think.

                At the exact moment Yesung pulled the trigger, the bathroom door to the left of Sungmin who was up against the wall, opened and out walked another resident. Because he happened to be in the same spot as Sungmin, he was hit instead, as Sungmin was protected by the door.

                “H-Henry!” Yesung immediately dropped the gun and rushed over to his friend.

                “Oh my GOD!” Henry clutched the side of his face with both hands and sunk to the carpeted ground. Sungmin  tried to sneak away silently, but another door opened and out strode the “head” of the house.

                “AH! ALIENN!!” Sungmin screamed and pointed up from the floor.

                “BOH?! You do NOT speak that way to your mother!” The person put their hands on their hips and glared down at Sungmin.

                “Teukie Umma? What’s on your face?” Henry had forgotten all about the throbbing pain on his left cheek and peered up at Leeteuk.

                “This? A face mask!” Leeteuk motioned at the green mold on his face and fixed the towel that was up in a turban on his head.

                “Why are you wearing it?”

                “Yeah, isn’t it for girls?” Yesung agreed.

                “No! I mean, how else do you think I keep my flawless complexion?” Leeteuk replied haughtily.

“Now go to bed and keep quiet,” Leeteuk his heel back into his room. This time, the second in command, Kangin, popped out, but with a glare.

                “Guys, it’s 11:30 and we have school tomorrow. How hard is it for the handsomest guy in the judo club to get some sleep?!” Kangin rhetorically questioned, “Now shut it or the Diva will have our heads,” He made a throat cutting motion and closed the door behind him. Now that Umma and Appa were quiet, there was only the eldest sister left.

                “Yah!” An abnormally tall man in a sparkly robe strutted out from another bedroom holding a hair straightener in one hand, “If you all don’t shut up RIGHT now, each one of you will find your deepest darkest secrets revealed all over the PA system during school tomorrow!” He bobbed his head.

                “Yes your highness!” Yesung sang with a fake grin.

                “Aiya! Henry! What happened to your face?” The Diva squatted down to the younger on the floor.

                “I got hit in the face, Hyung.” Henry touched the circular red mark on his visage.

                “Yesung, Sungmin.” Zhou Mi’s head immediately snapped to the two who were trying to escape. They stopped in their tracks with exasperated sighs.

                “Sorry Cheeks,” They chorused.

                “Now,” Zhou mi helped Henry off the floor and studied the mark on his dongsang’s puffy cheeks, “Let’s get some ice on it and hope it goes away by the morning.” The two Chinese men retreated to the kitchen in search of an ice pack as Yesung and Sungmin scrambled back to their room.

                There was still one person who has yet to make an appearance. Seeing that this person had lived with the six other residents for quite some time now, the rambunctious activities taking place right outside their door did not bother them in the least. In fact, they had developed heavy sleeping habits because loud outbursts like this occurred often. For what was awaiting the seven kids at school the next day, they would all need their sleep.

 

 

                Your POV

 

                Does anyone have that certain morning where you “accidentally” hit the alarm with too much force? And then it proceeds to topple off the night stand onto the floor where it collapses into pieces? Well, mine doesn’t anymore. After I had consecutively broken three alarm clocks, Teukie Umma bought me some type of indestructible one.

                The incessant buzzing wouldn’t quit, no matter how many times I pressed the button on top of the clock. Grabbing the clock, I threw it at the wall. It shut up and I raised one glare at the offending object that dared to disturb my slumber. It lay there, unharmed. Indestructible indeed.

                I rolled out of bed and grabbed my school uniform with an exasperated sigh. Not bothering to be quiet, I stomped heavily down the hallway to the bathroom to change and get ready for the day. If I didn’t grab the bathroom first, it would be an endless wait for me since the boys took forever to get ready. Trying to fight one’s way in would also be ridiculous because I was easily out muscled by everyone in the house. Being the only girl .

                After brushing my teeth and hair and applying minimal make up, I was ready to go face another day at high school. The school I go to was pretty small since it was private, so everyone knew everyone. If two people got together, it would only take half a school day for news to get around. Ugh, only two and a half more years until college……

                “Younggie-ah!” I heard a garbled voice moan one of my many nicknames. Drunken-like knocks banged against the wooden bathroom door. I opened it to see Kangin rubbing his eyes with both hands and yawning. His hair was sticking up in several places and seemed to have lost his shirt. It’s not like I hadn’t seen all of the guys shirtless at one point or another, but I was a girl for god’s sake!

                “Yah, raccoon, put on a damn shirt!” I threw my used hand towel at him and shoved by him to get to the kitchen.

                “Good morning to you too!” Kangin yelled back, clearly annoyed. The bathroom door closed a few moments later.

                I strolled to the kitchen to see Teukie Umma pouring cereal into seven white bowls with milk. I sighed and grabbed a finished bowl. Unfortunately, none of us were really that good cooks. Teukie’s Umma was in charge of us all, but she was constantly traveling for her job, so she was practically never around. Last time I checked she was in South America visiting the Incan ruins for an editorial in a travel magazine.

                Now some of you may be wondering, why is a girl living with six boys? Especially when she isn’t related by blood to any of them? Well, my mother has close friends with Leeteuk’s mother ever since high school, and still remain in touch to this day. My mother had moved out into the country to settle down with my father, who was working at a hospital. But as all parents want the best for their children, they were torn when they realized the best way to educate their daughter was to put her in a school in Seoul. Leeteuk’s mother was living in Seoul at the time, and offered to take me in so I could attend the best private school possible. It was around the same type of situation for Yesung and Sungmin. Yesung was Leeteuk’s cousin, and Sungmin was Yesung’s younger brother.

                Leeteuk’s mother had always loved China, so when two exchange students came through the school to live in Seoul permanently, she also offered to house the two Chinese teenagers, Zhou Mi and Henry.

                Kangin’s parents had moved to America, but Kangin didn’t want to leave Korea because he loved it so much here. Since his parents couldn’t bribe him with anything to get him to leave the country, Leeteuk’s mother also offered to take in Kangin, since Kangin and Leeteuk had been friends since kindergarten.

                “Good morning!” Zhou Mi greeted, holding a hand size mirror to his face as he fixed his hair. He carefully sat down on a chair, still staring at his straightened hair.

                “Morning Diva,” I replied around mushy cereal in my mouth.

                “Ugh,” Zhou Mi crinkled his nose in distaste, “It’s not lady-like to talk with your mouth full,” He snapped the compact make up mirror closed and drew a bowl to himself.

                “And it’s not very manly to apply concealer, now is it?” I smiled cheekily and showed him the chewed cereal on my tongue. Zhou Mi gagged and hastily looked away. Haha, I loved messing with him.

                “Morning,” Henry stumbled in and flopped down into a chair, his tie crooked and shirt messily un-tucked.

                “Henmunk, your tie,” I giggled and leaned forward to fix it for him. He let me and smiled blearily eyed.

                “Thanks, Younggie dear,” Henry murmured.

                “Yah! Stop flirting with my daughter!” Kangin came out of nowhere and clonked Henry on the head, messing his hair up even more.

                Henry and I didn’t actually have that kind of that relationship, and probably never will. But we instantly became friends when Henry and Zhou Mi moved here at the beginning of the summer last year. Even though Henry and I were so close, we’ve never once thought about deepening our relationship.

                “You two are gonna have beautiful children!” Sungmin cooed and perched down on a chair next to Yesung who was feeding his turtle cereal puffs.

                “You impregnate her, I will cut off your !” Kangin bellowed with a slicing motion with his spoon.

                “Appa, it isn’t like that,” I rolled my eyes.

                “She’ll forever remain un-kissed with you around,” Leeteuk sighed at Kangin.

                “What? Can’t a father be protective of his daughter?” Kangin gasped in feign innocence.

                Kangin had always been the older brother I never had. He felt it was his sole duty to protect me when he figured out a girl was moving in with him and Leeteuk, and there was no father figure around. He was the manliest out of all of the boys in the house, so he was naturally dubbed the title Appa.

                “Ddangkoma’s all the protection you need,” Yesung held up his pet to my face, “See this? Fierce,” Ddangkoma opened up his mouth slightly and his eyes moved lazily about. Totally fierce….

                “Let’s go to school!” Teukie swallowed his last spoonful  of cereal and pushed everyone out of the kitchen, handed us our backpacks, and shoved us out the front door, locking it behind him.

                We always walked to school since it wasn’t that far away. It was ten minutes by foot and five to six minutes by bike. I took out my I-pod and slipped in one ear bud. Henry reached down and grabbed the other to put it in his ear. We both nodded our heads in sync to the pop ballad and even built up a rhythmic-like strut. Before we knew it, we were already a ways away from the rest of the group. Henry and I exchanged a look and laughed.

                We reached the school gates, the large stone pillars engraved Seoul Regional High School: Honor, Integrity, Pride. Students could be seen flooding into the campus gates, chilling in the stone common area surrounded by trees, climbing up the stairs in the three story building, and even some were playing Frisbee in the small grass patch off to the side near the gym.

                It’s like I had some kind of built in radar. I could sense this certain person without even seeing him, when I sure as hell didn’t want to see him. If there were only me and him left to recreate the human race, I still wouldn’t do it. He had his back facing me, talking to his friends. I gulped and felt my heart clench painfully.

                Please don’t look this way….

                Henry noticed my drastic change from carefree to guarded. He followed my line of sight and saw who I was glancing at. Henry put his arm around my shoulders and whispered over the music:

                “I know you have a problem with Cho, but you can tell me. I won’t tell the others,” Henry encouraged.

                “Thanks,” I gave him a small smile. I was never going to tell my bros what went down with Choi. He had hurt me pretty bad, and I was not going to go down that path again. 

                Henry and I reached the staircase and I slipped my I-pod back into my jacket pocket. We were walking civilly up the stairs when all of a sudden there was a large mob of girls clambering up behind us. Henry flattened me up against the side railing and let them sprint ahead up to the second floor, squealing and whispering loudly.

                “What was that?” I huffed, annoyed. Henry let go and we continued to the second floor.

                “Hmm let’s see…..girls…..squealing…running,…Ah!” He snapped his fingers in realization, “There’s a transfer coming in today. Knowing how the female species commonly reacts, the new guy is probably very good looking.”

                “Female species,” I snorted, “Stop trying to sound smart Cheeks.”

                “I am too smart!” He whined and wiggled cutely.

                “See you later!” I laughed and brushed him off at his classroom door. He and I were in separate classes in the same grade, so all I had to do was continue to the second door down. To keep the layout simple, the school split the grades onto different floors. The first years had the first floor for their classes, second years the second floor, and the third year the third floor.

                The moment I stepped in the classroom it was hectic. All the girls in my class were bunched up together in one corner of the room.

                “Ahh I can’t wait to see him!” One girl sighed.

                “I already did,” Another boasted.

                “Really? When?!” Three chorused.

                “5 minutes ago,” The same replied, “I was coming from the principal’s office and he was sitting in a chair in the hallway.”

                “What did he look like?!”

                “He was -“ The girl was cut off by the teacher’s loud voice as he strode into the room.

                “Everyone in their seats now! Class has started!” Mr. Kim threw his papers down on his desk and stood, facing the class with raised eyebrows.

                We all did as we were told. Unfortunately, I was stuck in a class with none of my friends, and in front of two of the most gossipy girls in our grade. I leaned forward on my desk and tried to tune them out.

                “I heard he’s even more handsome than Siwon oppa!” One of them whispered.

                Choi Siwon. He was rated the number one in looks here at school, the tallest guy out of all of the three grades, was ranked third in grades overall, and played for the basketball team. I guess you could say that he was a high school girl’s dream guy. There really wasn’t a single fault with this guy, so saying that someone was even more handsome than Siwon, that was huge.

                “If that’s the case, then I’m definitely dumping my boyfriend for him!” The other gushed.

                “Not unless I get there first!” The first teased.

                Ugh, such catty girls. If their boyfriends actually knew what they said about everyone else, they would drop them in a heartbeat. It’s too bad they can’t get around the goody two shoes façade to actually see the truth.

                “Class, as some of you may know,” Mr. Kim started out, “today we will be receiving a transfer today,” I could see the girls hide their smiles. Ok, now I had to see this guy too. How good looking was he really?

                “Everyone here will be on their best behavior today to help him fit right in,” Mr. Kim mainly eyed the trouble makers in the back of the class who shot him cheeky grins, “Mr. Lee, come on in!”

                A shorter, blonde figure walked in with a backpack slung on his back. Well one thing’s for sure, he wasn’t as tall as the giant Siwon. He faced the room and a hushed gasp sprung from the girls. Damn, the rumors were true, he was handsome.

                This Lee boy was on the shorter side, but not too short. His dyed, blonde hair was perfectly quaffed on the side and reached his ears. His lips were thin, but shaped very womanly. Those dark eyes peered at the class calmly.

                “Hi, my name is Lee Donghae, please take care of me,” The flower boy smiled and bowed to us. That smile instantly had the girls wrapped around his finger. Not to brag, but since I lived with good looking boys, he wasn’t that effective on me.

                “Okay Mr. Lee, please pick a seat wherever,” Mr. Kim gestured to the many empty seats. Our class was small, with only 20 kids.

                Donghae surveyed the room before choosing. He locked his gaze in my direction. My heart all of a sudden thumped wildly. Woah, what was wrong?! Heartburn….? I questioned and brought my hand up to rub the left side of my chest.  I looked back up to see him coming down the aisle towards the open seat next to me. Out of all of the open seats, why mine?

                I didn’t look at him as he sat down. Mr. Kim directed the class’s attention and began the day’s lesson. A small clearing of the throat came from Donghae and I snuck a glance over. He was smiling right at me. I blinked in surprise and blushed a light shade of pink.

                “Hi, I’m Donghae. What’s your name?” He asked in a whisper.

                “Kim Ae-Young,” I offered back a smile. Donghae held out a hand for me to shake. I raised mine hesitantly, but accepted the gesture. His hand was soft and warm. It was actually so big compared to mine that half the length of his fingers reached the middle of my palm. Wow, he was proportionally shaped very weirdly. On the short side with large hands.

                We released hands and faced front. Even though I didn’t want to admit it, Lee Donghae was…..cute.

 _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                 “Finally! School’s over!” I happily sighed and stretched my arms as I skipped out the school doors. I spotted Henry and Zhou Mi with their other Chinese friend, Han Geng. Han Geng was 100% Chinese, but he was born in Korea and had always been in my primary and middle schools. Not far from them was Leeteuk and Kangin with their friends, Ryeowook, Kibum and Shindong.

                Ryeowook and Kibum were both part of the theater club at school, and helped put on some really good plays.  Shindong didn’t do much, but he was really funny and could dance pretty well. We often had them over at our house, same with Han Geng.

                Wanting to tease Kangin a bit, I ran up behind Henry silently, and jumped on his back in surprise. Henry panicked for a moment and grabbed at my arms, but he knew only I would do this to him.

                “Henry bear!” I sang happily. Henry saw Kangin out of the corner of his eye and he smirked.

                “Hi there Younggie baby!” Henry laced his voice with as much sickening sugar coating as possible, “How was class?” We saw Kangin twitch in discomfort, so Henry and I kicked it up a notch.

                “How was class?” Henry asked.

                “Not good at all!” I playfully pouted. Henry held up my legs so I was piggy-backing him. Han Geng and Zhou Mi were laughing at us, knowing why we were acting this way. They would gladly help us make the Judo Captain’s skin crawl.

                “Wae?”

                “Because being all alone made me miss Oppa even more!” I leashed out my baby voice and Kangin was now flinching uncomfortably with each step that he took with his group. Leeteuk shot us a glare as to say, “Don’t push it!” Shindong, Ryeowook, and Kibum just gave us encouraging smirks.

                “Aww, I’m sorry! I missed you so much too! How bout a kiss to make it up?” Henry pursed his lips and turned his head towards mine. That’s what pushed Kangin over the edge.

                “YAHHHHH!” Kangin screamed and spun around at us in fighting stance. He saw how Henry and I were situated and a vein popped then, “GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER YOU ERTED CHIPMUNK!” Kangin dove for us.

                “Run!” Han Geng and Zhou Mi pushed Henry and I forward and Henry ran, weaving in and out of other students. Henry continued to run after we had passed the school gate, and it wasn’t long before we completely lost Kangin. He didn’t have that great of a stamina.

                “Ok, Henry, you can stop now,” I told the puffing boy underneath me. He stopped and I jumped off.

                “Did you gain weight?” He wheezed with both hands on his knees.

                “Oh shut up!” I laughed and pushed him, “Thanks for the ride, I’m going to work.”

                “Oh yeah, it’s Friday,” Henry nodded and rose to his full height, regulating his breathing.

                “Yep! I’ll see you later!” I slung my bag on my back and skipped down the concrete sidewalk, passing little restaurants and other stores.

                “Be safe!” I heard Henry call after me and then I turned right on the curb, heading to my part time job.

 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                Every other day I went to work at a small café not far from school. My boss was understanding about my weird working schedule because he knew I had to give my all to my studies, which he fully supported. I had been working there as a waitress since the beginning of last summer, and stayed there because I loved the people I worked with and didn’t mind the minimum wage.

                “Ok! Done!” I wiped the sweat off my brow and leaned on the broom I was holding. It was closing time and everyone was cleaning up. The chairs were stacked neatly on top of the tables, the lamps turned off, counters wiped down, and the desserts refrigerated.

                “See you tomorrow Ae-Young!” Park Ho-Jun, my boss, grinned and waved goodbye to me.

                I tightened my jacket around me as I stepped out from the café and into the crisp fall weather. The sun was setting over the building tops of Seoul, creating a pretty picture. Well, it would have been nicer if not for a drunken group of men.

                They were leaning heavily on one another and taking up most of the space down the sidewalk because they annoyingly had their pack right in the middle. They were all talking too loudly in slurred speech and couldn’t seem to walk in a straight line. I frowned, Guess I’ll have to squeeze by….

                I tried to remain on the outermost fringe of the sidewalk without having to walk on the street, but of course, it was impossible. The drunkards noticed me.

                “Why hey thurr pretty laddyy!” One came too close and I could smell the alcohol. I scrunched up my nose in distaste.

                “Watcha dooin all alooone out hurr??” Another asked who could barely keep his head upright.

                “Come wid us, we know whur sum good tiemes arree!”

                They came closer and closer and I kept backing up. I could feel the backs of my shoes hanging off the sidewalk, and shot back at them:

                “Leave me alone will you?” I clutched my bag closer.

                One was about to speak when another voice yelled my name from down the street. It wasn’t familiar at first, but one look and I knew who it was.

                “I’ve been looking all over for you!” He exclaimed with a laugh and put an arm around my waist, “Let’s go home, ok?” He pulled me from the drunks and walked hastily away down the street. I was blushing furiously at the light haired boy who I barely knew, who had his arm around me in a very intimate way.

                “D-Donghae!” I spluttered, “What are you doing?”

                 A/N: So, watcha think? This took me a while actually. But anyways, I'd still love to hear from anyone who'd like to recommend any stories. I've recently learned EXO names (finally!!!) so I'm up to those stories too. I'm not entirely sure on if there will be a set chapter release date, but I'll try to get a new chapter in every week. If not, sorry *bows*. I love Henry, does anyone else too? He's awesome  :)