"It's not a date!"

Exchange Student in B.A.P.'s Dorm

Huh Gak - 1440


You and Daehyun walked hand in hand onto a market place not far away from the alley you were at. Delicious scent of different foods filled the air. Somewhere near was a busker playing his guitar and singing. You two passed a table filled with accessories that gained your interest. You stopped and slightly pulled Daehyun with you. “Aren’t they pretty, oppa?” you asked, picking up a silver bracelet that had a white, heart formed stone attached to it. He eyed your excited face before smiling sweetly. “Yeah. Ahjumma, how much is this one?” he asked the seller as he pointed at the bracelet you held. The lady looked at the bracelet before she smiled. “Ah, you mean that one. It’s only 44000 won.”

“I’ll take it!” Daehyun exclaimed as he pulled out his wallet, again. You stared at him with big, round eyes. He handed the amount of money to the lady and smiled widely. He turned to look at you and burst out laughing. “Why do you look like you saw a ghost?” he asked after a while. You hit his arm playfully. “Oh shush you.” you chuckled. Daehyun took your hand in his and pulled you with him forward.

“What a cute couple.” the ahjumma spoke to herself as she watched you two go. Chuckling to herself, she continued to work.

Daehyun pulled you again into an alley and took the bracelet from you. He pulled your arm forward and carefully he put the jewelry around your slender wrist. “There you go.” he said as he locked it. He stared at his creation proudly before ruffling your hair.

You stared at your wrist, partly in disbelief. “You didn’t have to buy it, oppa.” you whined. Daehyun shrugged and pulled you into his arms. “It’s your birthday present, even thought it came late.” he said as he snuggled closer to you. He breathed in the fresh scent of vanilla and strawberries that your hair owned.

You felt your heartbeat fasten as you hugged him back, murmuring a soft thank you against his chest. He drew circles on your shoulder with his fingertips. “Should we go eat something?” he asked, his stomach grumbling in agreement. You chuckled. “Sure, I’m starting to get hungry too.”

Daehyun smiled as he took your hand in his again and lead you back to the marketplace, searching for a nice place to eat at. Not long after, you saw an old man with a food stall.

“Oppa, how about there?” you asked, pointing at the man. You could hardly blink before Daehyun had already pulled you with him to the street vendor.

“Ahjusshi, could we have two plates of ddeokbokki, please?” he asked with a bright smile. The old man looked pleased as he grabbed two paper plates and started to fill them up. “Here you go.” He handed the plates to you, along with chopsticks. You bowed as you picked up a rice cake with your chopsticks.

“Be careful, it may be hot.” Daehyun warned and enjoyed his own meal. You scoffed at his comment and took a bite, only to begin to fan your mouth.

Daehyun laughed at your reaction. “Told you.” he stated, mockingly. You playfully hit his arm before accepting a cup of water that the old man was offering.

“You should eat fast. There show is about to start soon.” the ahjusshi said as he turned some galbi that he had on his left side. “What show?” you asked, curiously.

“There’s going to be fireworks soon to celebrate the market place’s 20th birthday. I think it’s going to begin in ten minutes. If you go to that bridge over there, you’ll have the best view. Also you’ll have more privacy.” he told as he pointed at a bridge that stretched over the sea, between the market place and the harbor.

“Then we should go there next.” Daehyun said and finished his plate. You nodded in agreement as you munched on a rice cake. Daehyun stole some rice cakes from your plate and ate them up. You stared at him, shocked, as he took another rice cake from you.

“How dare you?!” you squealed as you turned your plate away from him, just in time before he would have stole another one. Pouting, Daehyun tried to reach towards your plate. “You’re so slow, and the show starts soon.” he stated. You sighed and handed him your plate, giving up. After all he had bought you ice cream and a bracelet already.

The ahjusshi chuckled behind the stall. “Aren’t you a cute couple?” You both froze, blush creeping up to your faces. You cleared your voice slightly. “Ahjusshi, we’re not a couple.”

The old man waved it off. “At least not yet.” he winked before going back to turning his galbi around again so that it would cook even.

The two of you paid for your meal after a long argue about him paying for you again, which you won, at least partly. You bowed to the old man before Daehyun took your hand in his again and led you to the bridge.

You sat down on the empty bridge and leaned against the wooden rail. Daehyun copied you actions, just in time before the fireworks started. You stared at the sky, amazed, as the cloudless sky was colored with different shades of reds, yellows, greens and silvers. Daehyun smiled at you, before he too stared at the sky.

It was already near midnight when the fireworks ended, and you decided to go home.

---

You opened the door and stepped inside carefully, Daehyun following you. “We’re home!” you announced, only to be scooped into an embrace.

“My little star! I was so worried when you suddenly vanished!” Himchan whined as he held you even closer, if possible. You tried to inform him that he held you too tight, succeeding. “You!” Himchan screamed as he pointed at Daehyun. “You took my lovely star away from me! I forbid you to be alone with _________-ah! No more dates!”

“It's not a date!” you two protested before Daehyun shrugged as he walked past Himchan to the kitchen and snatched a strawberry from Youngjae, earning an irritated yelp from both of them. You chuckled as you petted Himchan’s head. “Don’t worry oppa, Daehyun-oppa took good care of me.” you assured him as you left his embrace and walked into your room.

As you were ready to go to bed, someone knocked onto your door. You opened the door with your toothbrush between your lips to see Saga standing there, looking rather nervous. “Come in.” you pulled her with your free hand and pushed her onto your bed as you went back to your bathroom to finish up.

She had taken a comfortable position on your queen-sized bed with a pillow on her lap. “I wanted to talk to you, you know, girl talk.” she said, playing with the pillow. You sat down next to her, assuring her to tell what was on her mind.

“I… I don’t know how to say this…” she mumbled, earning a small chuckle from you. “Just tell me already.” You ruffled your hair.

“Well… Jongup asked me to be his girlfriend earlier today.” she mumbled into her pillow, hiding her blushing face.”What?” you asked, wanting to be sure if you heard right.  Saga looked flushed when she placed the pillow back onto her lap. “Jongup asked me to be his girlfriend.”

You squealed as you hugged her. “I’m so happy for you!” She chuckled at you, happy about your reaction. You calmed down a little and went back to your earlier position. “Now tell me how it happened!” Saga blushed deeper as he fidgeted a little.

“Right after you guys left, he asked if we should run away before anyone of you would return, and we did. We walked around at town and ended up at the beach, where we saw fireworks. Not long after the fireworks started, he kissed me deeply, and asked me to be his girlfriend.” she hid her face again. You couldn’t help the big smile that formed onto your lips. “And?” you asked, assuring her to continue.

“…And I said yes.” she mumbled. You squealed again and literally jumped up and down in your room. “I’m so happy for you guys!” You hugged her tight before telling about your adventure with Daehyun.


And it's up! I'm sorry that it's late, I know it's Tuesday already :d but at least I wrote this! Do you guys know how distracting it is to have three fluffy bunnies outside when you try to write? D:

Thanks guys for reading/subscribing/commenting! I can't believe how happy you were when I came back :D you guys are the best!