CHAPTER 7

Please remember again...

 

~ 7 ~

 

"Wooyoung, could you please come downstairs ?" heard my mom's voice from above in my room. I checked the time on a clock. It wasn't even time for dinner, nor she wanted me to help her with loundry or something. My grades were ok, I haven't missed school even once since this year so what was the reason for her to want me to go down? 

As I was walking down the stairs, I saw my mom and dad sitting with serious faces on the sofa in our living room. Gosh..I hated those family meetings ! They were pointess and I really hated sitting over there for hours disscusing over things I didn't care. After those meetings I usually couldn't feel my if you know what I mean...

"Wooyoung please sit here" my dad gave me the look and pointed at this mini sofa in front of him. My mom seemed quite nervous. She didn't look at since since I got down. I could see something was going on and I wasn't sure whether I wanted to really know what.

"Son, I think it's finally time for you to think over what school you want to choose and we'd also like you to take into consideration what I'm going to say now" the pressure grew on me even more. I'm certain my dad had chosen a school for me already.

"I think you should follow my path and choose the New York University of Law. It's a really good school and graduating from there would be a great benefit for you. I had contected with them already and got you on the list of applicants" here it was. The awkward silence again.

"Wooyoung, listen. We know we have no rights to make decisions for you I've thought over this topic with your dad and we both agreed that if you don't want to go to this school we won't nag you to make this step. However, if you want to stay and study here, we have only one condition" this time mom spoke. 

"Unless you get into The National University of Seoul you can forget about staying here" dad finished what mom was going to say. 

"Seoul University? Over my dead body ! Even if I paid the school million dollars there's no way I can get in there!" My mind was about to explode but didn't wanted to show any signs of it in front of my waiting-for-a-reply parents. Damn, why they always had to have those conditions, why can't I took over my life myself? 

Leaving this country wouldn't be such a bad idea for me like 2 months ago but now...I really had reasons to stay. 

"Dad, mom can I think it over and give you the answer later?"  They both nodded their heads and I rushed to my room.

I took out the phone and wrote the message as fast as I could, still a bit shaking though. I sent it not even checking the spelling to the person I could only think of in this situation.

"KHUN! 

Meet me in the park next to our school in 10 mins ! 

It's urgent ! ~ Woo"

...

 

I got there in less then 10 mins but fortunately, Khun was already sitting there on a bench under the huge tree. It was always our meeting spot since Khun really enjoyed fresh air and laying on the ground in the tree's big shadow.

"Khun!" I waved at him catching my breath at the same time. I really should spend less time in library and go working out from time to time...

"Hi Woo! Haha you sweat like crazy !" 

"How come you're not wet at all?" seroiusly, there were no water drops on his body. 

"Years of practice Woo" he did the proud face.

I sat on the bench so that I could rest a bit and got closer to Khun. I really hated running but this time I was just too exited to go meet with my friend I had no other choice. 

"So Woo, what's that you want to tell me. Seeing how you rushed over here it must be quite of an importand issue" 

Once I calmed myself I started to tell Khun the whole story. I told him everything to the dot. My parents "offer", how did I feel about it, how confused I was. He listened to everything carefully. 

"So what do you think about it? What should I do ?" I noticed he took off his eyes of me. I waited for a while but there was no reply. Silence.

"Oh Khun! Help me please!" My patience couldn't stand it anymore.

"I'm not sure whether I should tell you this, i'n not sure whether you'rre gonna like my honesty..." He was certainly upset. He was sitting with his arms crossed while his legs were straight.

"Khun, I want nothing from you but only the honesty. If i wanted to go for an advise to hear some nonsens, I'd go to Chan!" His expression got brighter again.

"Just promise me one thing..." he began "Just...just  for this time...forget I'm your friend"

"Wha-What do you mean?" gosh...why did he got to make it even more complicated ?

"It's just...I think what I'm gonna say in a sec is not what a good friend would tell you" Whoa...for like the first time I see Khun hesitating about something. It was kinda cute in some way.

"Gosh...just say it already!"

"i'm not gonna lie to you. I'm not gonna advise you to follow those s. I may sound stupid selfish and whatever else but the truth is...I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO ANYWHERE ! I'm not gonna cover myself with stupid talks such as Why should you go anywhere else if you have one of the best uniwerse in this country, you parents won't spend as much money bla bla bla" he stopped to take some air.

"I don't want you to leave me, ever, and that's all...I feel really bad for not taking your education and your future into consideration." he took my hand, hold it and continued.

"I'm an awful selfish person. I don't deserve to have a friend like you. But as you wished, I was just being honest..."

That's exacly what I whanted to hear. Deeply inside, I was thinking the same thing! I didn't wanted to leave Khun either. Now it was me who was holding the others hands. I smiled and looked Khun right into his eyes:

"Khunnie, you do realise now, in what kind of trouble you've just got yourself  in, right ? he did the expression of a surpriced puppy.

"What do you mean?" 

I smirked.

 

"I have no idea how but...you gotta make me get into this SEOUL UNIVERSITY!" We looked at each other seriously and burst out with laughter right away.

"If that's just gonna make you stay, I'M IN !"