6. The Perfect Daughter is in an Arranged Marriage

The Perfect Daughter

 

Days passed and the funeral came. Young but strong, that’s what people see with Hyejin who stayed calm in the midst of what’s happening. Many thought that when the funeral ended, her family, meaning only her mother and her, would finally get the rest they should deserved. But they didn’t. Just when they thought nothing could go wrong anymore, problems rose and showed up.

“With you’re mother’s condition, how could we trust that she could take care of the company well?” a tall brown man dressed in a nice suit told Hyejin at the end of the table. Once, other people in the table agreed.

“Indeed, my mother’s health is not fine. But how I wish you could understand that we just lost a family member and we are in grief.” Hyejin answered smartly.

“We already know that, Hyejin. And we really do feel sad for your family about that. But it’s done already. Your father is already buried and the company needs to be restored!” A thin woman whose face is filled with make up told Hyejin.

“If your mother won’t do anything, we will lose our investments. Might as well that we invest it to some company who will assure us!” A small balding man continued.

Hyejin exasperated said, “I can’t believe my father accepted investments from some people only hungry for money!”

“WHAT AN INSOLENT GIRL! DO YOU REALLY WISH YOUR COMPANY TO GO DOWN TO THE BOTTOM?!” The small balding man shouted in frustration.

“There is no need Mr. Ahn.” The door opened and Hyejin’s mother showed up. “I’m back and I am ASSURING you that this company won’t go bottom down. And it still won’t even though you switch companies.” She told sternly. Her mother went to Hyejin, “You did well, Jinah. You were brave. You can go now. It’s not yet time for you to face this kind of stuff.” Her mother told her lovingly. “Mr. No!” Her mother called. “Hyejin, this is my new secretary, No Minwoo.” She turned to Minwoo. “Secretary No, please my daughter to our house.”

(A/N: Since I missed Minwoo out in the dating thingy in Chapter 4, I’m putting him here now. I know it’s kind of inappropriate since he’s the youngest and I’m putting him already in a job when I should’ve placed Donghyun in his place. Actually, I didn’t though of putting Minwoo in the dating thingy since he’s the youngest. But then maybe there are Minwoo fans here that they would want to read about Minwoo even once. So I thought, how about I put him here? Anyway. Too much blab. Hope you understand.)

“Will do, Mrs. Kang.” Minwoo followed as told.

 As Hyejin left the place, she let out a sigh. Minwoo heard it, “Don’t worry. It’ll be ok. I’ve only worked for your mother for almost two months but I already know how good she is in her work. No wonder your dad married your mother. They’re really matched.”

With that, Hyejin let out a first real laugh after the incident. “You’re funny Secretary No.”

“And I’m very jealous.” A voice apparently belonging to Hyunseong came from behind.

“Hyunseong? What are you doing here?” Hyejin asked, confused.

“Waiting for you.” Hyunseong turned to Minwoo, “I could bring her home. No need to assist her. Besides, I think bringing your boss’ daughter home doesn’t belong to your job description.”

Minwoo looked at Hyejin, questioning, “It’s ok, Secretary No. You may go back… And I’m sorry.” “Ok then, Ms. Kang. I’ll go. Please take care going home.” “Thanks :)” And Minwoo left.

“I’m really jealous.” Hyunseong said once again.

“I can’t believe you’ll be jealous with that!”

“You’re still not mine. You’re not YET my girlfriend. The competition is still on. I’m fighting really hard.” Hyunseong smirked.

Hyejin laughed. “That’s very sweet.” She placed her hand on Hyunseong’s face. Hyunseong suddenly turned into a shy boy. “Now let’s go home.” Hyejin suddenly went out. Hyunseong followed.

 

Hyejin’s mother is talking to the phone, worried and unsure is seen on her face. “Is this the right thing? I know my company so need this but…I don’t want to hinder with my daughter’s happiness.”

“Rina,” Hyejin’s mother’s name called by man from the other end of the line, “I know this is hard. But it’s the only way. It would be unreasonable to do the other options. I repeat myself, it’s the only way. And I would really like to help you. I don’t want to hinder to my son’s happiness but it’s the only way I could help you.”

“Then why help me, Sungmin? Why?” (a/n: this is not suju sungmin.)

The other end became quiet, “Because… because I know somewhere in my heart, there’s a place for you. But… but I can’t love you the way I did when we were young. I had my family and you had yours. This is the only way I could show my love for you. Believe me, I would really like to…” There was a pause, “ Anyways, this is better. Everything will be better.”

Rina smiled. “Okay. Even though it’s hard, I will really try to explain it to her. You too, explain it to your son well.”

“Okay. I’ll just contact you again. I’ll hung up.” And the call ended.

Rina sighed and looked at the phone. “I guess it’s for the best.”

“Eommaaa!! I’m home!” Hyejin came shouting.

“Ne! I’m coming!” Rina went to welcome Hyejin. “Good you’re home. Uhmmm… I need to talk to you. Let’s go to the living room.”

“Sure mom. What is it?”

“Uhmm. You do know what is going on with the company right?”

“Yeah. Of course, mom. Let me help already. I could go to school and help at the company at the same time. I can handle that, trust me mom. I really wold like to help.”

Her mother smiled, “I appreciate that you really want to help.” Rina sighed. “And I would let you.”

“Really mom? I could go to the company? Really?” Hyejin asked excitedly.

“Not in that way, Hyejin.” Hyejin’s smile turns into frown.

“What do you mean, mom?”

“I know this will not be easy for you, and believe me this is hard for me too… but this is the only way we could restore the company. I’ve tried other things but this is the only that could solve our problems.”

“Tell me mom. You’re making me really curious. What do you mean with what you said?”

Rina stood up and walked by the window, looked outside, sighed and looked back to Hyejin.

 

 

 

 

“I’ve set you in an arranged marriage…”

 


 

WAAAAAH! I updated! :D Anyways, did you like it? xD Aaaaandd did you hear the news? Boyfriend will be starring in a Japanese movie!!! :D It's titled Go Go Ikemen 5 and it's a novel. I thought it was a manga so I tried to look for it but can't find it. Then I knew it was a novel... Anyways, are you excited for it? :D

wpid-1360204154.jpg?w=593

From left to right, it will be played by Jeongmin, YoungKwang (Yeah~ the twins will be playing in only one role. I mean they had experience. They should be the one to have individual roles but I guess the novel really only have five roles so... yeah.), Donghyun, HYUNSEONG (♥♥,) (Yeah! I knew it! Since I saw this picture I knew that the blond one is Hyunseong! I just knew it!) and Minwoo. Waaah! I'm excited for it! :)