4. The Guy Likes the Perfect Daughter

The Perfect Daughter

 

Again... just like the previous chapter, please think that everyone is around the same age. And they are like first years in college, around 18 or 19.
 

 
"...cute."
Hyejin covered her ears as the four girls screamed suddenly all at the same time.
"What's the problem? Why are you shouting?"
"You said my cousin's cute." Soyu stated as if it's the biggest and easiest clue in the world.
"Yeah." Hyejin said still confused. "What the big deal?"
"DUH!" Dasom playfully slapped Hyejin. "You don't call any guy cute!"
Bora started, "A cute guy doesn't even exist on you. The perfect daughter Kang Hyejin has the highest standard for a guy in the whole wide world. Even the standard of a guy being cute is waaaaay up there."
Hyejin started realizing what her friends are telling, "Oh! That's nothing! How about we watch the movie already?" Hyejin tried to stand up but was stopped for the nth time by Bora and Hyorin.
"Little missy, we're not done yet." Hyorin told Hyejin.
"I think we don't need the DVDs." Soyu told Dasom.
"Yeah. I think so too. I'll just keep it and we'll continue talking." Dasom giggled as she made her way on keeping the DVDs.
 
Days passed and every day, the four girls would tease Hyejin about Hyunseong. Hyejin decided to go to the library just to get rid off her lovely friends for a while.
She sighed, “At last, some quiet time!” She got a book and went to sit. Moments later, someone sat in front of her. She turned her head up and found a smiling Hyunseong.
“Hi.” Hyunseong started.
“Uuhhh…hi?” Hyejin answered awkwardly. Who wouldn’t if all this time all she could hear from her friends is the same person in front of her?
“What are you doing here?”
“Uhm…” She showed him the book, “…reading? How about you?”
“Looking for someone.” He smiled.
“Have you found that person?”
“Yeah. I just did.” He answered still smiling.
“Oh. Okay.” She lowered her head and started to read again. 
“Hey.” Hyunseong called on to her. “Want to have some coffee?”
“Ice cream.”
“Huh?” Hyunseong asked, confused.
 “Make that into ice cream and I’ll go.”
“Sure.” He just shrugged. “I really like that.” He said while staring at Hyejin.
And they left. 
 
Days, weeks and months went by. Within those times, Hyejin and Hyunseong became closer and closer. Once, Soyu decided to have a group date with Hyunseong’s friends. Of course, this was a plan the four girls formulated.
“Yah! Let’s have a group date!” Soyu suddenly opened up as Hyejin and the other three girls looked at her. “Don’t worry about the guys. I’ve got it handled.”
As planned, the other three girls agreed immediately. “That’ll be good!” “I wonder who they are.” “Yah, are they handsome?”
“So you three agree?” They nodded. “How about you, Hyejin?”
“Well… I’m not sure… I mean…” Hyejin was playing with her fingers.
“Hyunseong will be there.” Hyejin’s head went up immediately to see her four friends looking at her suspiciously.
“What?”
“You’ll be sure coming now, I guess.”
Hyejin went back on playing on her fingers. “Weeell…M-May-”
“Okay! That’s a yes!” Soyu cut her through. “So all five of us on the restaurant beside Han River on Saturday at 3PM, got it?”
Hyejin can’t do anything anymore. But it’s nothing she doesn’t really like.
 
The day came.
“Ok! Now, introduce yourselves please.” Soyu said.
“Well then, I’ll start. Annyeong haseyo. I’m Kim Donghyun. It’s nice to meet you.”
“Annyeong haseyo. I’m Jo Youngmin and this is my twin brother Jo Kwangmin.”
“Ne. Annyeong haseyo!” Kwangmin waved at Soyu which she replied with a smile.
“Annyeong haseyo. I’m Lee Jeongmin. You’re really pretty.” Jeongmin shook Hyorin’s hands.
“Ah. Annyeong haseyo. I’m Shim Hyunseong. I’m Soyu’s cousin. I hope we could get along.” Hyunseong looked at Hyejin and smiled.
They talked and talked until Soyu announced, “Since we’ve known each other a little, how about we choose our dates already? The girls will pick. Bora, you go first.”
“Me?” Bora looked at the boys. “I guess, I’ll go with Donghyun-ssi.”
 “Yes! Thank you for choosing me :)”
“Hyorin?”
“Yah! Why did you skip me?” Hyejin, who was seating beside Bora and Hyorin, complained.
“Birth rite! You’re the girls’youngest. Now, Hyorin?”
“Jeongmin?”
“Sure my pleasure.” Jeongmin shook Hyorin’s hands again.
“I’ll be choosing next. Uhm…Kwangmin?” Kwangmin just smiled at her as if he’s shy.
“I’m next.” Dasom started. “I’ll go for the other twin. Is that fine with you?” referring to Youngmin.
“Of course.”
“And now,” Soyu interrupted. “Hyejin and Hyunseong is the last pair. That means you guys will date. We will go different ways.” Everyone stood up. “Guys, please take care of us girls.” The boys all replied, “NE!”
 
Hyejin and Hyunseong walked through the Han River. Little did they know the rest of the girls and boys have been following them.
“Yah! Don’t you think they will see us?” Donghyun asked Bora.
“Kuenchana. As long as those two are together, they don’t care about world around them.”
“Aish!” Jeongmin cursed. “Why can’t they just tell each other they like the latter?”
Hyorin shook her head, “When you fell in love, you’ll know it’s hard!”
“Yah!” Dasom told everyone, “Shikara!”
Meanwhile…
Hyejin and Hyunseong walked silently along the Han River. 
Hyunseong asked, “Do you want to sit?” upon seeing a bench.
“Sure.”
By the time they sat, everything went silent again.
“Hyejin-ah…” Hyunseong called her while looking at the stars above. Seeing this, Hyejin also looked above. “Isn’t the sky pretty today?”
Hyejin remained silent for a while, “Yeah. It is.” She felt Hyunseong staring at him so she looked at him. “Wae? Is there something on my face?” She started touching her face as if looking for that something.
“Ani.”
“Then why are you staring like that?”
“It’s just…” Hyunseong sighed.
“Wae?” Hyejin went near Hyunseong. “Is there a problem?”
Hyunseong just chuckled. “Yeah. There is. And it’s quite big.”
“What is it? Can I help?”
“Sure. Yeah. I think so.”
“Then tell me.”
“I think…” Hyunseong looked into Hyejin’s eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I think I have fallen in love with you.”
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
Sorry for not updating for so long. Anyway, hope you like this chap:)
 
tumblr_m8uapl2T1P1r6pl5jo2_250.gif