Chapter 2

Cruelly Fated

 

Chan Yeol’s point of view:

I hurried out of the gates as soon as the bell rang and headed towards the bus stop and boarded the bus.  I still could not get over what I heard last night.  How I wish it were all just a nightmare and that I’d wake up at any moment and Jin Ae will be fine… But she’s not.  She doesn’t have much time left... Tears threatened to fall from my eyes but with years of practice, I was able to stop them and be the usual cold person I am.  It’s been 5 months since that day… 5 months since I’ve actually felt human.

Flashback:

“Alright guys! Let’s just do it one more time and let’s call it a night.” our vocalist Baekhyun said.

“But hyung!!! We’ve been practicing non-stop for the last hour….” Sehun our drummer and also the youngest whined.

“Tsk! Stop whining, the song’s only 3 minutes long! One more time and we’ll all go home!” Baekhyun snapped at the maknae who just pouted.

After a long night of practice, Baekhyun finally agreed that we had enough for the night.  We packed our things and headed out of the practice room and as we were almost at the door I realized that I forgot my keys by the piano.

“Baekhyun-ah, you go ahead.  I forgot my keys at the practice room. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I bid my best friend as I made my way back to the practice room to retrieve my keys.

“Ya! Don’t be so forgetful! See you!” Baekhyun snickered.

So I went back to the music room and took my keys and as I was about to exit the building, I heard music coming from the auditorium.  Being the curious person that I am, I quietly opened the door to peek inside.  There she was. She was practicing for the school’s Annual Winter Performance, the same performance my band and I were practicing for.  She was so graceful, beautiful…. My eyes followed her as she easily executed the routine, her body moving along with the music as if they were one.  I was so mesmerized by her radiant beauty until she suddenly fainted.  I thought it was all part of her performance until I noticed she did not move at all.  I ran towards her to check on her; she was pale and was unconscious.  I looked around to see if there was anyone else but there was no one.

“Aish…. What is she doing here all alone at such a late hour?! … I’m sure the school nurse went home… -sigh- You need to get her to the hospital, don’t just sit there and stare at her, Park Chan Yeol.” I muttered to myself as I carried the unconscious girl onto my back.

Once I got to the hospital, the nurses took care of her right away and I had to wait here until her parents arrived.

“Tsk… This is so annoying.” I muttered as the doctor called her parents and explained what had happened to their daughter.

I sat by her bed and read the newspapers to make this wait bearable.  About 30 minutes or so, the girl’s parents finally came.  They thanked me for taking care of their daughter and her father offered to drive me home since it was late.  I declined and thanked them for the offer, looked at the girl one last time then I made my way home.

-End of flashback-

That was the first time I’ve ever felt human.  I mean I am human but I’ve been stripped of all emotions.  This was my first time to think a girl was beautiful, have a lot of patience, and let alone be concerned about a stranger.  She changed me… She brought back the color of happiness to my world…

“Lord… Please don’t take her away from me… Please…” I silently prayed trying to control my tears.

When I arrived at the hospital, I found her room empty.  I panicked a bit but then I saw that her diary wasn’t in its’ usual spot.  I chuckled to myself and was thankful that Jin Ae was sort of a neat freak.  She likes to keep everything in order and couldn’t stand the sight of a messy place.  I headed for the hospital gardens because I knew that’s where she would be, writing her diary and sitting at her favorite spot.  I spotted her immediately.  She’s gotten thinner and paler.

“You know a patient should be resting right?” I said as I sneaked up behind her.

 

She turned around with a startled face that immediately turned into a weak but still beautiful smile.

 

“Chan Yeol-ah…… What are you doing here?  Why aren’t you at school?” she questioned

 

“School ended early today, so I decided to come see you and keep you company.”

 

“Ah I see…. How’s everyone doing?  I miss going to school.”

 

“They are all doing fine, but they really miss you…” I muttered as I sat down beside her.

 

“I really miss them too…..” she said with a sad smile

 

“Then hurry up and get better so you can come back to school… okay?” I told her as I slowly entwined her fingers with mine.

 

I looked into her eyes and pulled her in for a hug.  I didn’t want to let go but it was time for her to go back to her room and eat.

 

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

So now we know how they met~! Well, this isn't the whole story of how they got together. All that will be revealed later. :)