Surprise

The Battlefield of Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq-8X5XBGcc

-----

The next day, L. Joe stayed out his friends until late into the night. Strangely, they wouldn’t let him go until Chunji passed out full of alcohol. The last thing he had mumbled was, “The things I do for my friend.”

*What the hell does that mean?* L. Joe wondered. He arrived at his apartment. L. Joe sighed. He wanted to go see you right now. But what if you weren’t home and out with Zea again? Or Infinite? It would break his heart.

L. Joe lowered his head and went up to his place. He unlocked the door and stepped inside. “What the-“ L. Joe froze.

19 candles were lighting up a yummy chocolate cake with white velvet frosting that read ‘Happy Birthday L. Joe’. *What is all this?* He wondered as he came closer. Just then, you came out of the kitchen with a plateful of food.

His eyes widened in surprise, “~~~~~-ah…”

You put the food down and straightened up. You sheepishly bit your lip and uneasily twisted your fingers. You couldn’t meet his eyes, “Um, I hope you like chocolate cake. I didn’t bake it myself but Paris Baguette cakes are always good. But I made the food! So…I hope you like pasta.”

His eyes softened *She did all this for me?*

You apologetically gazed at him, “About yesterday…I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was your birthday or else I would have never gone with Zea. I really didn’t know it had become that late. But still, it’s all my fault so if you want me to leave now, I will.” He didn’t say anything. Your face fell *I guess he’s still mad.*

“I’ll go.” You quickly said with tears in your eyes. You went past him towards the door.

Suddenly, L. Joe grabbed your arm and spun around. He wrapped his arms around you from behind and your eyes widened. “Thank you…No one has ever gone through so much effort just for my birthday.” L. Joe whispered, “And you have nothing to be sorry about.”

You softened. You turned around and looked at his face with a small smile, “You’re welcome. It’s a special day. Of course there should be much effort.”

L. Joe smiled, “You’ll stay with me, right?”

You beamed and nodded.

The two of you sat on his couch. He glanced at you and tapped his fingers, “I’m waiting.” You blinked, “For what?” “Aren’t you going to sing for me?!” L. Joe asked. “Sing?! No! I at singing!” You said. “But it’s my birthday.” He pouted.

You sighed, “Fine.” You cleared your throat and awkwardly clapped your hands, “Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday dear L. Joe~ Happy Birthday to you.”

His eyes sparkled as you sang to him.

“Blow out your candles.”You suggested with a flushed face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter