Chapter Seven

Love Written On Paper

RING!

Ji Yong awoke to the sound of his alarm clock, sitting up and stretching his arms with a yawn. He felt that something was missing... This day felt like it wasn't one of  those ordinary days. Then he realized, Zelo wasn't here. The smell of the usual morning breakfast didn't seem to exist. The usual greetings of "good morning" wasn't present either. He sighed to himself at the thought of having to cook. He was never really one who enjoyed cooking but he had to do so.

He slowly got off the bed and made his way into the kitchen to check the fridge for any sign of microwavable food. Looking here and there, nothing. Ji Yong was pissed. This is not how he wanted to start the morning. He looked at the cabinets for any canned food and as if by luck, he found a can of sausages. He quickly took it and decided to open it. Ji Yong quickly set up the pan and smiled at the thought of food. 

He threw the sausages onto the pan and left it there to cook. Of course, he didn't know how to cook so it ended up getting burnt. He growled in frustration, eating the burnt sausages for breakfast.

 

"Aish..." was all he could say at that moment, finishing the last sausage and trudging up the stairs to get ready for work.

 

Ji Yong looked at the clock to see that he was about to be late. For the first time, and he was boss! That was a bad example to his employees, but for some reason he felt like he wanted to be late. He felt that something would come up and he'd have to miss work that day. But, he continued on his normal routine and got dressed. He looked at the mirror, annoyed by his uneven necktie. He decided to just let it be and go on the way to work.

The sun was shining brightly when he exited his house. So bright that it made him cringe, he felt like a vampire. He shrugged and made his way to the office. Being greeted by numerous passerbys, of course he was in fact a famous magazine publisher. He was somewhat famous. But despite the smiles on the faces of the people around him. He kept to himself and ignored everyone. He felt as though, he was forgetting something... but what?

When he arrived at work. Ji Yong frowned seeing that everyone had been waiting for him. "What?" He said in a low voice, scaring everyone else in the office and making them continue doing their work. Seungri, for some odd reason, made his way to Ji Yong and playfully hit his arm. Ji Yong felt something strange about Seungri. Something about him was different. Like last nice. He felt that something... was Seungri planning something?

 

"What's wrong with you, Ji?" Seungri asked.

"... Nothing." He replied, avoiding all eye contact. He honestly didn't need this right now. He didn't feel like talking to anyone. He just wanted to be alone for some reason.

"That's an obvious lie... You're a really bad liar." Seungri stated, all playfulness set aside.

"Why do you even care?" muttered Ji Yong.

"Heh, I guess it's Zelo?" Ji Yong was flabbergasted, how did he know? Was it that obvious? Was it obvious he was pissed off to know that breakfast wasn't ready for him? That he didn't even bother saying goodbye? He honestly thought they were friends, but he was wrong.

"He's pretty great you know... I don't understand why you even bother chasing after some girl who's bound to die anyway." remarked Seungri.

 

Ji Yong found it amusing to hear Zelo being complimented by none other than Seungri. He really didn't expect this to come from someone like him. "What the hell?" was all he could think of. He was annoyed, angry, and depressed. He knew Dara wouldn't last long. But what's the point of comparing Zelo and her? Why did he have to be constantly reminded that the only girl he loves in this world would sooner or later leave him?

Unknowingly, he had punched Seungri. Causing his so called friend to stagger back.

Everyone stared at the seen that had just unfolded. "Great, just what I need, a commotion" he once again muttered to himself.

Seungri looked at him, glaring daggers into him realizing he had a cut on his lower lip. He smiled as he stared at the blood dripping down. 

 

"Heh, I guess I'll see you later at the reunion, then." Seungri reminded, taking his leave.

 

Ji Yong held his head in shame, how could he have forgotten about the reunion? He looked at the clock hanging on the wall, 5 hours... He decided to spend the five hours in his office rereading Dara's previous diary entries.

 

Dara on the other hand...

 

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~!!!" Minzy yelled waking Dara up, her voice ricocheting through the hospital.

 

Dara fell off the bed, her heart meter going up and down rapidly. Minzy gasped and quickly helped Dara get up.

 

"Please Minzy, stop shouting all the time. There's other people here wi-" Dara was cut off. "Yeah, yeah. I know that speech already. Now, go get ready for the reunion." said Minzy.

 

Dara looked away and decided to stare at the side table as if it would do something interesting and said "I told you, I'm not going..."

 

Minzy sighed, taking out the contents of the oversized bag she was carrying. It revealed a dress with such pretty frills and laces. "I guess I bought this for nothing..." said Minzy, throwing it onto the bed to catch Dara's attention.

 

"Why did you..." Dara was speechless, she didn't think Minzy would buy her a dress like that. "It must have cost a lot." She thought.

"Fine, I'll go." said Dara, smiling at her beloved Minzy.

"YAAAAAAAAAAY~~~~!" Minzy yelled with happiness.


Dara quickly covered her friend's mouth, once again reminding her to keep quiet.

 

"Hey, Zelo~ I'm home!" yelled Seungri as he entered his apartment, flopping down onto the couch whilst waiting for Zelo.

"Welcome home!" Zelo greeted, sitting down beside Seungri.

 

The two sat together in complete silence.

 

"In a few hours, the reunion... What do you plan on doing?" Seungri asked, curious.

"We'll see." replied Zelo, smirking to himself.

 

Now, what does Zelo plan to do?

 

AN: Sorry for not updating, school has been really... bleh. T_T I promise I'll update A LOT when summer comes. Just a few more weeks... BTW! HAPPY VALENTINES MY DEAR SUBBIES~ I SARANG YOU ALL!! ^^ <3