We have a hostage too

The Chronicles of Neverland

“Let me go!” Hyona struggled against Hoon's and Eli's grip.

 

“What are we going to do?” Shinmi asked in a squeaky quiet voice.

 

“Tie her up,” Soohyun decided. “And call Dongho, this is an emergency.”

 

“They are going to find us... they will punish us,” Shinmi was on verge of tears.

 

“They won't... they won't ever find us,” Giyeon reassured her.

 

“I won't tell anyone! Let me go!” Hyona, who was being tied up, protested.

 

“Mind telling me what's going on now?” Eli asked.

 

They filled Eli in and after Dongho has come, they told him about the situation.

 

“You're already causing trouble?” he looked at Eli.

 

This is not my fault! I didn't bring her here... Tell him!”

 

“Okay, stop...” Hoon stopped the argument.

 

“It's obvious that is she gets out, she will tell everyone our whereabouts and who we are hiding. But we can't keep her here forever.”

 

“I won't tell!”

 

“Oh, you wouldn't tell, not even that Captain's son you're always following around?” Eli smirked.

 

“Captain's son?” Dongho asked curiously.

 

“Yeah. My biggest enemy. If it wasn't for him, this crazy girl would have never followed me anyway!”

 

“Was he the one you were fighting against back there?”

 

Eli understood what Dongho was talking about. “Yeah... but why are you asking about that?”

 

“Nothing,” Dongho said, still thinking.

 

“I could make a potion to make her forget,” Kiseop said. “I'm not sure if it will work right though.”

 

“Don't do anything just yet. I... I need to think something over. Just keep her here,” Dongho said and left suddenly.

 

“You babysit her,” Soohyun told Eli and left the room too.

 

Eli brought Hyona into his room (which was just a little one, with lots of stuff placed all over it, since he was not really a trustful member of the family yet). They sat in silence.

 

“I just wanted my bracelet back,” Hyona said sadly.

 

“Why do you keep saying that? Is that cheap piece of jewerely really that important to you?”

 

“Yes! It's important! It's the only thing he has ever given me...” she murmured. Tears started escaping her eyes. I knew she had a crush on him... Eli thought. Should I return it to her? She seems scared.

 

It's all your fault!” she started letting her frustration out on him.

 

How is it my fault? I didn't want you to follow me! I'm in trouble because of you, not the other way round!”

 

“I didn't do anything!”

 

“Yes, you did!”

 

Hyona did not know what else to say. She was tired and scared. “What are they going to do to me?” Her voice was suddenly quiet and soft.

 

“I don't know,” he shrugged. “But they are the good guys... they won't do anything bad...”

 

“I really won't tell... I don't care that they escaped... I don't care about them, whoever they are...”

 

“You're wasting your energy, I have no power in this. I'm already in trouble because of you.”

 

 

 

Meanwhile Dongho was contemplating the facts he knew and their new possibilities. If he was right… if he was right, the prophecy must have been true. And in that case, it might be a good thing that pirate girl was now in their hands. We must take advantage of what we have.

 

 

 

Hyona had fallen asleep and was now resting, unaware of her surroundings. Eli was glad he did not have to look after her for a while, so he let her sleep. A loud bang of the main door however tore her from her careless sleep.

 

Bring her here, Eli.”

 

Eli motioned to the girl to go and led her to the living room.

 

Do you want me to make the potion?” Kiseop asked.

 

Nope. We will need her for something else.” Hyona’s fear grew as she heard the sentence.

 

What could you possibly need her for?” Eli asked skeptically.

 

She’s close with Captain Mordney’s son, isn’t she? What would he do if something happened to her?”

 

Yah! She’s just a girl!” Eli instinctively shoved the scared pirate girl behind him. “You have something against pirates, don’t you?”

 

I didn’t mean it like that, idiot! We wouldn’t actually do anything. Well, this might be our only way to stop Captain Mordney. And get Namjung back.”

 

Get Namjung-ssi back?” Soohyun asked hopefully. Eli just laughed.

 

You seriously think one little irrelevant girl in ‘danger’ could stop the most powerful captain in the Neverland seas? And everyone knows you wouldn’t even hurt anyone innocent.”

 

Just trust me, it’s all we’ve got anyway.”

 

But this doesn’t mean they will believe us!” Eli still did not believe it would be of any use.

 

Not us. You. You wanted to be useful, right?”

 

 

 

AJ did not notice that Hyona was missing at first. What he did notice was his fathers’ suspicious behavior. But as if he would care. He did not know what was going on and did not want to know.

 

A bottle suddenly flew through his window. He picked it up and found a piece of paper inside.

 

Meet me at the dock in an hour.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows. Who would send this and why? The only way to find out was to go there. When he had arrived, he indeed was surprised. The person waiting for him was Eli.

 

Do you want something from me?”

 

Well, yes! But what’s important is that I have something you want.”

 

Huh?”

 

Your little talkative friend, my dear.”

 

I don’t want her- Wait, what?” Eli nodded. “You’re bluffing.”

 

Recognize this?” Eli waved the bracelet at him. AJ remembered it. Did he really kidnap her? Damn, he must have seen her around me and thought she would be an easy tool to control me.

 

What do you want?”

 

How do you feel about working against your father?” Like I would risk my everything just to stop something I don’t even care about, AJ thought.

 

I don’t care about him. And I don’t really care about you either. I do what I want to do.”

 

You won’t get her back then.”

 

Keep her.” I won’t do what he tells me to. I could do something… I’ll find where he keeps her… I'll get her out of there another way.

 

How can he say that? He didn't even hesitate, Eli thought, feeling bad for Hyona. “Is this your answer?”

 

Yes.”

 

Eli could only walk away. “Jerk…” he mumbled.


Hehe, I moved to dorms a week ago and since I don't have an internet connection yet, all I could do was writing and mainly playing Solitaire and Mine Sweeper. So I'm posting a part of what I've written. Still not sure if there'll be a hiatus. College starts tomorrow. I'm so scared T_T