The big escape

The Chronicles of Neverland

They opened one of the door and found two young fairies inside. They gestured for them to be quiet, while the fairies were totally shocked and didn't know what to do.

 

Please stay quiet, we're friends... right, Kevin? Kevin?”

 

Kevin didn't respond because he was looking into one of the fairies' eyes. And he had the feeling as if he was looking into his own eyes.

 

Kevin? Kevin-o-oppa?”

 

But suddenly the door went open.

 

“Who the hell are you?!”

 

Everyone in the room turned around to see the newcomer. AJ was standing at the doorway, looking at the five intruders in his Shinmi's room. How did they even get there? What were they planning to do?

 

“I was afraid something like this would happen...” Hoon whispered.

 

“He's only one. He can't stop us unless he calls more of them here. Which he could do any minute, so let's act quick. And quietly,” Dongho said, and the rest nodded.

 

AJ was already preparing to fight, and even though he had no weapon and he was alone against a bunch of enemies, he was coping quite well. He wasn't the Captain's son for nothing, after all. But it was still hard for him to keep up with attacks from different sides at once. Kiseop took advantage of this as he swiftly plunged a syringe into his back. AJ grunted and stiffened.

 

“Young master!” Shinmi called out and attempted to run towards him, while Giyeon was holding her back.

 

“I knew this immobilization potion in syringes would come handy,” Kiseop wiped his sweat off his forehead.

 

“What do you think you're doing? Do you know who I am?”

 

“We don't care~” Dongho stuck out his tongue on him.

 

“Sorry, I'll try to fix the potion so that it will make the person unable to speak too the next time,” Kiseop scratched the back of his head.

 

“Yeah, you'd better do that,” Soohyun agreed.

 

“Ehm... hellooo?” Giyeon was finally able to catch their attention. Kevin remembered why he came here in the first place. The... the fairy recognized his name. And her eyes looked exactly like his own. It must have been...

 

“Giyeonie?” he asked hesitantly.

 

“You really are Kevin-oppa?” she responded.

 

Both AJ and Shinmi were confused by the situation. Kevin-oppa?

 

“I thought you were dead!” Giyeon ran towards Kevin and hugged him.

 

“You have no idea how long I've been looking for you...”

 

“Yay for the family reunion, but we have no time guys...” Soohyun reminded them.

 

“Right. I came here for you, Giyeonie. I won't let anything happen to you anymore. Let's go!”

 

“Wait...” Giyeon turned around and looked at Shinmi. No, AJ thought. Let it not be what it looks like she's going to do...

 

“Come with us, Shinmi. Come.”

 

Shinmi hesitated. She has lived in captivity, serving pirates for her whole life. She didn't know anything else. “But...”

 

Giyeon ran back up to her. “I've told you I'll get us out of here! Come on, we'll finally be free! Do you like being practically a slave, doing whatever they tell you to do, with nothing but disrespect in return?”

 

“No, but...”

 

“Yah! Stay there! It's an order!” AJ was determined to stop this. He couldn't let her go away from him. He was trying to move, but didn't succeed.

 

Shinmi heard the word “order” coming from an authority and since she was used to automatically obey everything and had been hesitating anyway, she backed up a bit.

 

“Don't listen to him, why should you? We're free now!”

 

“Park Shinmi, if you escape, you're going against my orders and losing your loyality!” AJ knew where Shinmi's weak spot was and hoped it would work.

 

“Does he have a thing for her or what?” Kiseop whispered to Hoon, who shrugged, as they watched the scene.

 

“You have no reason to be loyal to the damn pirates, they took your freedom before you were even born and forced you into everything! What are going to do here without me, Shinmi? With no one to defend you? Come,” Giyeon was still persuading her best friend, who seemed to have started contemplating actually leaving. AJ, who had seen that, did the only last thing he could think of to stop it. He screamed to get attention of other pirates to the room.

 

“Stupid pirate, what now?” Hoon asked while attempting to silence him, getting a few bites on his hand.

 

“There's no time, Shinmi, come!” Giyeon held out her hand and Shinmi, having no time to think it through, took her best friend's hand and allowed her to lead her. Everyone started leaving the room, ignoring AJ's last protests. When Giyeon was passing by, she stuck out her tongue at him provocatively. I've always wanted to do that, she thought. Shinmi only turned back once, looking for the last time at her young master.

 

AJ's screams did gather attention, but there were surprisingly few pirates. After some fighting, everyone was able to get away and make it to the boat.

 

AJ on the other hand was devastated. The person who he has been having his mind on for most of the time, who he has been going crazy over, has left him. She had never disobeyed any of his orders, and when he gave the most important one, she chose to leave. Did she hate the life here? He knew the servants didn't lead an easy life, but he somehow hoped that he could make her happy here. Somehow. She probably hates me too, he thought. I'm just the person who she has to obey. And the selfish orders I had just given her to stay probably made everything worse. But does it matter after all? I'm never going to see her again...

 

When the pirates found him, they assumed his pale face and weird behavior was the poison's fault. And he was determined to let it stay this way. He wasn't going to let anyone find out how much he was hurting inside.

 

 

 

“So you were looking for me all these years?” Giyeon was amazed. They were now save, sitting on the boat and on the way home. “I'm so glad to see you! I really thought they had killed you too that day!”

 

“I'm sorry I didn't find you earlier. How were you? It must have been hard on you...”

 

“First, I was adopted to this family, and my surname's now Lee, but we were separated after a few years. There's nothing I hate more than pirates. I've been searching for ways how to escape for years too.”

 

“And you are her best friend, right? They called you Shinmi?” Soohyun politely tried to bring Shinmi, who had been silent for the whole time, into the conversation.

 

“Don't mind her, she has been born in captivity and she's really obedient and timid, besides there's too much new for her now to handle,” Giyeon brought her shivering friend into a protective hug.

 

“Don't you think it was a bit too easy? I would expect more pirates to be on board,” Dongho broke the silence.

 

 

 

After a long time, they have arrived home. Everyone needed rest and Kevin couldn't wait to catch up with his long-lost sister – they had been apart for so long.

 

“You two will surely like Namjung-ssi,” Soohyun said while smiling widely.

 

“It's a long story, but she's the princess of Neverland – yes, the princess, and she's real – and she lives here temporarily because of her... personal issues,” Dongho explained briefly, seeing the girls' puzzled faces.

 

“You guys know the princess? Like, really? Is she pretty?” Giyeon grew excited talking about the princess she had only heard little about.

 

They entered the house, but it was strangely quiet.

 

“Maybe she's in her room, I'll go notify her we've arrived,” Soohyun suggested.

 

“Someone missed someone...” Kiseop smirked.

 

“What?” It caught Giyeon's attention.

 

“Nothing, you'll notice it yourselves later...” Hoon said and highfived with Kiseop.

 

“She's not there.” Soohyun came back with a worried expression on his face.

 

“What do you mean?” Dongho asked.

 

“She's not there...”

 

“She wouldn't leave without saying anything, especially when she knew we were somewhere fighting and coming back here...”

 

“Like I don't know that...”

 

“Okay, don't argue! Something must have happened,” Hoon pondered.

 

“It's my fault, I shouldn't have let her stay here alone,” Soohyun sat down and covered his face with his hands.

 

“How do we even find out what has happened?” Kevin asked and looked at Dongho.


So, here you go... Shinmi's not Kevin's sister. I trolled you all :D maybe not It was actually decided from the beginning who it would be. Poor AJ... and Soohyun... 

Thanks to princess_parkjinmi22 for her comment :)