Hiatus is on hiatus :D

The Chronicles of Neverland

Hey, you remember me? First of all, I'm terribly sorry for long, loooong hiatus. It's been almost a year... Well, as I implied in the last chapter's Author's Note, last year was my first year of college. And, well, it was a busy and hard year. Don't be scared, probably not all colleges are like that :D That's what I get for choosing a hard school. Anyways, I finally got myself to do something about this story! I understand that many people probably lost the interest because it's been so long, but I'd still hate to leave this unfinished, since I already started.

 

Since it's been such a long time, I will write a recapitulation, if you're too lazy to re-read at least a few last chapters and still want to know what's going on.

So, we're in Neverland, which is ruled by a good king. The king has a grand-daughter, Namjung, who he wants to marry a prince, because he wants the family to continue ruling the land and also wants her to have a secure family when he won't be around anymore. Namjung got some time to find someone she does want to marry, after that she will have to marry the prince. So she ran away in order to look for love, spent some time with the lost boys, Soohyun, Kiseop and Hoon (and the male fairy Kevin), but got kidnapped while everyone else was away, rescuing Kevin's fairy sister Giyeon and her friend Shinmi, servants of Captain Mordney.
 

Meanwhile, Eli, a son of a pirate captain, struggles in between doing what his father, who he respects, wants him to do and being a good person. He ran away and joined the lost boys. One day, without him knowing, a pirate girl Hyona followed him to the lost boys' home. She has a terrible one-sided crush on AJ, a son of Captain Mordney, who has a kind of bickering relationship with Eli, since their fathers are enemies. The boys and Dongho, something like Peter Pan of this story, who they are friends with, wouldn't let Hyona leave and decided to use the fact she is in their hands to get AJ on their side, which could help them to save princess Namjung.

But AJ rejected Eli's offer, believing he could think of another way, which led Eli to think that AJ didn't care about Hyona at all.

 

 

 

And I'll also post a bit that I found in my computer from right before I went on hiatus. It's short, but, well, here you go.


 

“You’re… alone?” everyone who had been waiting for Eli stiffened. “What happened?”

 

“He…” Eli looked at Hyona, who had supposedly been kidnapped by him. How should I say this? I can’t tell her that he didn’t even consider accepting the terms to save her. “He said he needed some time,” he lied.

 

“Don’t we need to discuss it? I’ll take her away,” he suggested and led Hyona to his room.

 

“What will happen to me after that?” she asked him. The poor girl was still scared, even though her captors were supposed to be the good guys and were actually nice to her except for the fact they would not let her leave or wander around however she wanted.

 

“Still scared?” She nodded.

 

“I need to go back there now,” he said apologetically.

 

“Hey…” she said, “you will stop them if they want to do something bad to me, right? Since we’re pirates?”

 

“We’re not even from the same crew,” he laughed. But I will, he thought.

 

A short while after Eli had left the door opened again. Hyona was relieved to see Shinmi. The fairy approached her with some food. They did not know each other very well, Shinmi had always been just another servant for Hyona and Hyona was a friend of her Young Master, a pirate, thus someone she should respect, for Shinmi. And Shinmi was actually glad to see someone familiar at this new place.

 

“I thought you would want something nice to eat, Lady.”

 

“You’re free now and you’re still serving?”

 

“Well…”

 

“I don’t care that you two escaped. I didn’t come here for this.”

 

“I… I know. But you must understand…”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Are they really going to trick Young Master to come here?” Shinmi asked after a few minutes of silence.

 

“I think you know more than I do, don’t you?”

 

“True…”

 

How is he doing? Shinmi wanted to ask. But she rather didn’t.