I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you

You and I, Both

It was a stupid thing, the bet.  So, so, so stupid. But you couldn’t deny that it amused you. It wasn’t even a real bet actually, more of a challenge on Chanyeol’s part to make you jealous.

Chanyeol had always been the overprotective, jealous type. You found it endearing, cute, on him, seeing him blush and stutter and try everything possible to make you believe he wasn’t jealous whenever you about it, until he finally admitted defeat by pulling you into a tight hug. You enjoyed those hugs. It showed how much he loved you.

You on the other hand were the type never to get jealous whenever Chanyeol got too friendly with another person because you knew how crazy the guy was over you.

The idiot took it the wrong way thinking you didn’t care about him enough to feel possessive about him and did everything to prove himself wrong.

He stopped talking to you two days ago but still showed up at your classroom during breaks and lunch to you to the lunchroom where he talked to everyone among your group of friends except you. You didn’t mind much because after the break or lunch would end, he would take you to your next class then head on over to his own, checking hi schedule along the way. It still amused you how he had your timetable memorized, but still had to check his own. You giggled at his childishness and then moved to your seat by the window because you had the perfect view of the ground where Chanyeol was having his PE class.

But right now though, you had to bite the insides of your cheeks to keep yourself from smirking at the situation you found yourself in.  It was second period, math class and the teacher had just gone out for some work after giving you some questions to solve. You were sitting in the second row in the middle of the class. Chanyeol was sitting in the front row to your right (he usually sat next to you, but today he was stepping up his game) while Taeyeon was sitting in the same row to your left. So when Jinki and Joonmyun in front of you bend down to finish the questions as fast as they can, you had the perfect view of what Chanyeol had in mind.

Chanyeol aimed his crazy-adorkable grin at Taeyeon. Taeyeon caught the grin and smiled that sweet smile of hers right back. Chanyeol looked at you to see your reaction but you were watching all this from the corner of your eyes while making sure your eyes were strictly on the board.

You saw him pout when he saw that “you weren’t looking” then got this childishly determined look on his face as he called out to Taeyeon again over Jinki and Joonmyuns’ heads and started talking about the basketball match yesterday that your school won because of Chanyeol and Minho (Taeyeon’s boyfriend who was sitting right next to her right now clearly getting more annoyed by the second as Taeyeon’s attention continued to be occupied my Chanyeol). You had been there of course, to support Chanyeol.

You could hear everything they were saying though, over the noise of the class because it was hard to miss Chanyeol’s deep voice. You pretended to focus on solving the problems though. Their conversation was halted for a while when Minho got up from his seat beside Taeyeon to sit beside you. Minho had a mischievous glint in his eyes when he asked you to explain questions 4,7,11 and 19. Over Minho’s shoulder you saw Taeyeon get a kicked-puppy look on her face because aside from you, Taeyeon was the only girl who knew anything about differential calculus, so for Minho to ask you for help…

You saw the slightest trace of a smirk playing on Minho’s face when Taeyeon completely ignored Chanyeol from then on and you could’ve sworn Chanyeol growled when you laughed particularly hard at a joke Minho cracked.

When the bell rang; Chanyeol all but stormed out of the classroom without waiting for you. You didn’t think much about it thinking he had just gone over to Baekhyun to complain about you. But when you saw Baekhyun Chanyeol-less during break, you started to worry. And that worry grew when Baekhyun said that he hadn’t seen Chanyeol since morning.

You were anxious by the time lunch rolled around because you realized that Chanyeol had skipped the rest of the classes. And Chanyeol NEVER skipped school. NEVER. Not even once in his lifetime. He cared too much about being able to spend every possible moment with you. You couldn’t pay attention on class, too worried about Chanyeol and got detention for week for spacing out.

But after school ended, you skipped detention, not caring if you earned yourself another one for doing so because you needed to find Chanyeol. It was killing you to know where he was and you mentally gave yourself a roundhouse kick to your face for letting the games get too far.

As soon as you stepped out of the school’s gate it started pouring heavily, but you didn’t care. You ran as fast as you could towards the park near Chanyeol’s house because that’s where you met him and that’s where you always went when you were upset. You don’t know why you thought you’d find him there but you did.

You found him playing basketball, completely soaked, still in his school uniform. He stopped playing when he heard you approaching. You ran forward to hug him, but he moved away. You felt your heart clench at the completely torn look on his face with tears dripping down his chin. You opened your mouth to apologize but he cut you to it.

“Let’s break up.”