T w o

Our Memories

  "Miss Im, I'm terribly sorry for the long wait. Would you like another cup of coffee?" Song Qian asked sincerely, with an apologetic look on her face. She had always been there to clear up his mess. And that included situations like preparing gifts for his new love, handling a crazy woman who had been dumped by him and not forgetting countless times of him being late for an important meeting due to unacceptable reasons. Afterall, that was her job as the secretary of her infamous boss.

  There was an air of elegance around the lady, though she had worn a frown on her beautiful face. Her sophisticated demeanor, with her large innocent doe eyes and her long brunette locks that contrasted perfectly with her porcelain-like complexion, had made her an undeniable beauty. Even as an older female, Song Qian was awed by her goddess-like feautures.

   "To begin with, it's not your fault at all. You don't have to apologize for your boss. I've always known him for a jerk.  The coffee is really heavenly, but I don't see a need to have three cups of them within an hour. If he's not here within a minute, I'm really leaving." Though the content was rather rough, her words were immersely smooth. 

  As she glanced at her designer watch, a handsome man, with a smirk on his flawless face entered the room. His charismatic eyes sparkled as he saw the beautiful young lady in front of him. "Im Yoona, one of the elites in Korea, nice to meet you. You're as stunning as what the rumours had spread." He gave her a bright smile, before extending out his hands to shake hers. 

  Pretending not to notice his hands, she tapped on her watch lightly before speaking in a cynical tone. "You're an hour late, Jaejoong. With such an attitude, I've absolute doubts in your capabilities." 

  As he withdrew his hands awkwardly, he gave a light chuckle. He knew she had not changed at all as her unique personality had never failed to fascinate him. "Take a seat here and I'll prove to you that I'm a worthy working partness, Yoona. My poor sense of punctuality had nothing to do with my outstanding capabilities." 

  Their meeting went on for a couple of hours before they came to a conclusion. As Yoona stood up, her silky long hair flowed down her back naturally. She had worn a simple chiffon dress, with detailed embroidery at the hem of her elegant dress. This time, she was the one who extended her hand, before giving the man a satisfied smile. "A success to our collaboration then, Jaejoong."

 With that, the university rivals who stood at the top, shook hands together firmly, for the first time as working partners. 

 

~~~

 

  "Sica! Listen to me, please. I'm really serious about you. Please don't break up with me. I.." 

 "Damn it, just shut up. We're over and that's it!" Jessica snapped, walking away hastily. And before she got far, a lady had bumped into her unintentionally. "Ouch! Look where you're going." The young lady shrieked as she looked at the girl who stumbled unsteadily. 

  "I want alcohol, bring me more! I don't want to go back to my bloody house, that freaking hell." Apparently, she was drunk and she held firmly onto Jessica before staining her costly blouse with her tears. "That woman is the worst, I hate her! I really do ..."

  "Hey, I'm not your bartender! Let go of me!" Jessica attempted to struggle but her grip on her was firm. Her eyes were sharp to notice the cellphone in her pocket. Quickly, she dialed the very first caller on her list.

  /Nana, what's the matter?/ A high-pitched voice which seemed rather surprised with the call that came answered.

  /Hi, I'm Jessica. The lady here is ... /

  /What ... what are you doing with my sister? What happened to her, is she all right?/ The worried receiver began to panick as she stammered helplessly.

  /You don't have to worry, she's just drunk. Would it be convenient for you to come and fetch her?/

  /Oh, I'm really sorry to trouble you. I'll come over now./

  /It's okay. I'll text you the address we're at now. And how do I address you?/

  /Thanks! Call me Yoona. I'll see you in a moment./

  Yoona... Could it be Im Yoona, the woman whom she had highly respected and envy for her high capabilities? She could not contain her excitemnet as her heart began to pound furiously at the thought of meeting her for the first time, despite breaking up with her boyfriend willfully. 

 

~~~

   On the other end, Yoona was at a loss for she did not have her car with her and her cheuffeur was off fetching her parents. Biting on her lower lips, she rubbed her sweaty palms nervously. Maybe she could ask for help from her new working partner, but her precious pride stopped her from doing so.

  "Yoona, you're still here. And you don't look very well, are you okay?" Jaejoong stopped as he gazed at Yoona whose face had turned pale. He had never seen her that panicky before, for she had always been calm and composed.

  "My sister needs me urgently but I didn't drive here today. Can you, I mean would you mind giving me a ride?" Yoona let down her pride as she looked with plead in her eyes.

  "Why not? You should have approached me earlier, I'm not that selfish!" Jaejoong smiled kindly as Yoona heaved a sigh of relief. " His gentle smile quickly turned into an evil grin as they made their way to his car. "But you owe me one now, don't forget!

  He played some light music as he was rather uncomfortable with the silence that enveloped them. A worried expression was plastered on her face as a train of thoughts went through her mind. What had happened to her sister? Why was her sister to drunk? There was avalanche of questions that was unanswered in her mind and she was clearly vexed over them.

  As they reached their destination, a gorgeous figure in a posh leather jacket and a silk blouse layered underneath had made her way towards their direction. Her high boots clicked as she stepped on the ground, with her long brown hair swishing from side to side. She had an image of her rich pampered heiress with a doubtlessly high fashion sense. As soon as she saw the car, she recognized the driver as well as the passenger immediately and a smile crept onto her gorgeous face.

  "Yoona, your sister is resting inside the cafe." Jessica stared unblinkingly at the goddess who was seated in the posh car, for she was surprized at how real she looked. A beauty that seemed to appeared only in fairytale was standing right in front of her. 

  "Sica! So you're the one who kidnapped her sister." Jaejoong spoke in a teasing tone, as he finally recognized the familiar figure who stood in front of him.

  "Oppa, it's the first time I see a woman in your car." Jessica poked fun at him as she guided Yoona towards the cafe to pick her drunk sister up. "I thought you never let any strangers in your precious car?"

  "In times of emergency, I can't turn a blind eye, can I?" Jaejoong retorted back.

  "And that only applies for her, Oppa?" The sharp-tongued lass shut him up, almost instantly.

  "What? You... I... "

  "Just admit that you like her."

~~~

 

  The office room was well-furnished, with exquisite ornament around. It was a little too fanciful for the exhausted man who leaned against the chair, closing his eyes at the same time. He had wanted a simple office, with a cozy feel and that would be sufficient for him. But her dearest sister insisted on her own design and he had no choice but to go along with her.

  "Yunho, am I disturbing you?" A soft voice spoke cautiously, as he entered the room silently.

  "No, you're not. I'm just taking a short break from the work here." He beamed at his brother, who would only make a visit once in a while. 

  "And your work is endless, it's neverending. And that's why I hate coming here." Though the Park Corporation belonged to him rightfully, he had no interest at all. And again, he had no choice but to go along with their parents' decisions and became the CEO of the Park Corporation. He was very grateful towards their parents who had showered the siblings with unlimited and unconditional love. Therefore, despite how worn out he had felt, he would always hang on and live up to their expectations. It was his own way of returning those love he had received from them. 

  "You should be the one here instead, Yoochun!" 

  "Oh please, it's not like you don't know how much I hate managing the company. I'm happy just being an idle person." Yoochun grinned as he looked at his frustrated brother who had often nagged at him to return to the company for he knew how talented he was.

  "Besides, Mom and Dad would only trust you." His tone was rather flat, attempting to hide his immerse disappointment. "And I'm in-charge of making grandchildren for them, since you're never keen in woman."

  "You never fail to give ridiculous excuses." 

~~~

 

Yay, 2nd chapter is up!^_^
This chapter is pretty much about their individual problems.
 
We'll start with the Im Sisters - Yoona and Nana. Yoona is very capable and strong. It seemed as though she had no weaknesses, but she's only strong on the surface. In other words, she's only pretending to be strong. She's very skillful when dealing with work-related stuff but when it comes to Nana, she panicked for she cares about her precious sister. She loved her. This is very crucial because in the coming chapters, she'll not be able to handle relationship problems. As for Nana, she has an inferiority complex due to her perfect sister she has and thus, she indulged in drinking and social activities just to escape from reality.
 
Then, we'll move on the Jaejoong and Jessica. Jaejoong's a self-centered man who lives in self-denial. There's a past between Yoona and Jaejoong, if you read closely. He has never been in a real relationship before despite being involved with so many women for he never knew true love. And Jessica is just him, they play with their lovers and toss them aside. But she does that because she's born as a rich princess. And being surrounded by her two brothers, she never had a chance to be involved in work. And if you noticed, she's really envious of Yoona of having the chance to manage a company. She desires to be like her!
 
Lastly we've the Park Siblings. Though they aren't biological siblings, they're very close since they were together since childhood. Yunho is the current CEO of the Park Corporation while Yoochun is just living an idle life. It's not that Yoochun isn't capable or has no interest in managing the company, he's afraid he can't live up to his parents' expectations and he can't stand the huge pressure as well. He has too many fears he need to overcome before stepping up to the position. Whereas for Yunho, he took on the role because he had no choice and he wanted to repay his foster parents. As compared to Yoochun, I feel that Yunho has a weaker personality because he never retalliates.
 
So, that's it! I hope you're enjoying the story so far~
Goodbye and have a nice day ahead!