S e v e n

Our Memories

  The event venue was breathtakingly beautiful. Men were clad in smart tuxedos, while women were dressed elegantly in gowns, adorned with exquisite jewelries to be in their best forms.

  A well-matched duo had arrived early

  Yoochun wasn't the kind to detest such social events. After all, he's a man who could not resist beautiful women and such events were the best place for pick-up. But he was obviously upset. Firstly, the one woman he had invited to be his partner, who had captured his heart, wasn't standing beside him. To make things worst, an indifferent woman, who was in a rather bad mood, happened to be his partner. 

  "Are you bored?" He asked catiously. "I'll get you a drink."

  As he was about to raise his hand to get the attention of the waiter, the woman shook her head lightly. "It's all right. I'm not thirsty." Yoochun could only sigh, again. Everything was definitely not going well for him. He just prayed for the event to start, and end, soon.

  "Where's Hyung?" He tried to start a conversation with her again. Somehow, they seemed rather distant. And he blamed it all on his childhood friend, his best friend, Kim Jaejoong. 

  It wasn't that she was unappealing. In fact, she was drop-dead gorgeous. Her long legs were accentuated by the slits of the long evening gown she was wearing. She had beautiful facial features that stood out from the crowd, with a pair of large round eyes, complemented with her high cheek bones and a angular, sharp nose. 

  "Mr Kim is on his way now." She replied. That was the main problem. He wondered how Jaejoong could even stand her. She was constantly on a 'working' mode; he didn't like she was being too formal and uptight with him. They were at a social event, not working in an office. He had asked her to drop the formalities but his efforts were effortlessly futile.

  Apparently, she told him bluntly that the only reason she agreed to be his partner was to gain more experience in socializing and broaden her network, which was an important aspect of her job as Jaejoong's secretary. And nothing more than that. He snorted at her 'detailed' response because he knew those were crap made up by none other than Jaejoong. 

  "I see." He said nonchalantly, before scanning the crowd for familar faces, all over again. He wished that time would pass quickly, and somehow everything was definitely not going as planned. 

  Yoochun declared silently in his mind that she was the most boring woman he had ever come across in his life.

 

~~~

 

  "You're wearing the dress I sent." Jaejoong remarked, and his eyes were still focused on the road ahead of him.

  She nodded her head silently, cursing him for only noticing now. It had been at least a whole twenty minutes since he picked her up at her place.

  "You look beautiful in it." He complimented her smoothly. 

  "Really?" Jessica tried to act unconcerned in front of him, but the sparkling eyes and her beaming smile that had spread across her rosy lips had completely gave her happiness away. "Y-you look good today, too."  

  "Only for today? I look good, everyday." He joked light-heartedly and managed to make the ice-princess laugh. Jaejoong had always been able to please girls, and Jessica was no exception. Somehow, the atmosphere was getting very comfortable for the two of them. 

  "I heard you recommend someone to Yoochun Oppa as his partner tonight?" She questioned curiously, and smiled unconsciously as she recalled that he had asked her to be his partner.

  "Yes, he had absolutely no luck with the heiress of Im Corporation." He continued with a whimsical smile on his face. "As his buddy, I have to help him. Or else, he would be all alone at tonight's event."

  "Who?" She tilted her head, while raising an eyebrow at him. "Someone I know?"

  "Of course you'd know her." He chuckled. He could almost imagine the dead atmosphere between the playful, charming man and the uninterested, serious woman. It was within his prediction, and that was what he had wanted. Unlike Jaejoong's usual, nonchalant attitude, he had decided to play a prank on him for being such a nuisance, and showing too much affection towards her.

  "Victoria."

 

~~~

 

  A beautiful lady waited patiently for the arrival of her partner. She wore a simple, white gown with intricately-designed straps around her shoulders. She looked absoultely stunning, and her beauty radiated from the plain dress. She didn't need any accessories to enhance her beauty at all. A natural look had definitely suited her. The way her long brown hair was tied up in a perfect bun with a white ribbon, showed her sophistication and of course, flaunting her beautiful-strutured shoulders and distinctive collar-bones.

  Her phone rang and as expected, the caller was Yuri. 

 

/Yoboseyo, where are you now?/

/He isn't there yet?/

/What do you mean? You aren't with him?/

/Of course not. Haven't you heard that two's a company, three's a crowd?/

She could almost imagine the image of Yuri laughing hilariously over at her side.

/.../

/He should be reaching soon. Don't worry-/

/What is this? You've to come./

/I can't. I've made plans for myself. Take care and bye./

/What? Wait-/

 

  As she got hung up by Yuri's call, she could almost feel her anger errupted within her. Just then, a black, posh car stopped in front of her. As the windows wind down, she gasped at the blond-hair driver who smiled kindly at her.

  "The little quirky girl has turned into a beautiful lady now." He got off the car, and before he opened the door for her, he gave his suit jacket to cover her bare shoulder.

  "Oppa!" She looked at him in surprise. "It has been years since I last saw you. How have you been?"

  "Good, as always." He beamed at her. "What about you?"

  "What do you think? You weren't even around when I needed help." She pouted.

  "Why would the almighty Him Yoona need help at all?" He with the nickname given during their childhood days.

  "Yah, Kwon Ji Yong!"  

 

~~~

 

Hello!

How is this chapter? Personally, this is my favourite. Because somehow, their real emotions showed through here. I like how all of them are simple yet complex at the same time. Every part actually has a deeper meaning within. I won't do any character analysis for this chapter because it seems kind of straight-forward here.

Yay, Yuri's brother is finally revealed. Guess no one managed to guess it. Haha, G-Dragon is her brother and he's Yoona's childhood friend too. I remember some of you were guessing Minho, whom I did consider. But he didn't make the list. Because I needed a more mature and reliant man for this role. And coincidentally, he had the same first name - Kwon! So here he is :) 

I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Thank you for reading and I can't wait for your lovely comments! ^^