S i x

Our Memories

  "Why is he here?"

  The two ladies both asked the very same question at the very same time, out of disbelief, awe and shock. They definitely had not expected to see him at that place, especially since they've jusy rejected him in a rather upfront manner a few minutes ago. And there they stood, in front of the entrance of the restaurant, uncertain of the next step they should take. A step forward or make a run for their life? 

  At the same time, she latched her eyes upon the man and the young lady beside him, slowing watching their interaction. The way they'd speak freely, the way they'd laugh together and they way they'd whack each other playfully - she envied them all. The sibling love they shared, she had longed to have them with Nana.

  "Yoona-ah!" A shrill feminine voice jolted her out of her thoughts as the siblings waved hysterically, Yoochun in particular.

  "I didn't know you've such close friends, Yoona-ah!" She said dryly with words that were tinged with utter sarcasm. As they made their way towards the amusing siblings, a hypocritical smile curved upon her perfect full lips. "Nice to meet you. I've spoken to you on the phone before, Mr Park. I'm Yuri."

  "I'm Jessica, her sister!"  

  "You can call me Yoochun. Such a coincidence, it must be fate! It would be my utmost honour to have you two beautiful ladies joining us for lunch." He spoke eloquently, with cheesy lines which almost made the three young ladies rolled their eyes. 

  Throughout the meal, Yoochun had been trying hard to strike a conversation with Yoona who simply responded with a nod or a few words. For she was not keen in men nor romance, but she did not want to come off as rude. She had kept a light smile throughout, whether she liked it or not. She was such a person who would put up with anything, in acceptance of everything in life. That smile, there were times that it was genuine, but several more times like this that it was just a facade to hide her worn self.  

  "Yoochun, we'll be taking our leave now." Yuri said kindly, and she found herself blushing unexpectedly as she met his charming eyes. "Thanks for the meal and we'll see you at tonight's event then."

  Yoochun let out a rather uncomfortable laugh as he was instantly reminded of the rejection an hour ago. As embarrassed as he was, he managed to notice a small smile forming along the contours of Yoona's face and again, he was deeply mesmerized by it all.

  "Oppa!"

  "What?"

  "You're hopelessly beyond cure."

  "..."

 

~~~

 

  Yuri and Yoona strolled causally along the pavement, watching the cars drive past on the road and the clicking of their high heels matched every steps that they took.

  "Cassanovas are fascinating, aren't them?" Yuri said wittily, attempting to imply something.   

  She shook her head, smiling as usual. "They're mere creatures who happen to be blessed with good looks and a wealthy family background."  And a smirk found its way to her lips. "Yuri, do you happen to-"

  "No, not at all. I don't like Yoochun, not one bit." Yuri denied frantically as she was taken aback by her sudden change of tone.

  Yoona broke into a wide grin as she looked at her helpless friend who was avoiding her eye contact. "I was about to ask if you aspire to become a Cassonova, but you just gave yourself away."

  "No, I mean I... he's..." Yuri stuttered. 

  "What?" Yoona on purpose. 

  "Oh gawd, I'm just so screwed." She groaned in despair.

  It was definitely Yoona's triumph this time.  

  "So, you'll arrange a partner for me?" Yoona eyed her as she raised an eyebrow at her skeptically.

  "Do I have a choice?"

  "Probably not."

  "You're blackmailing me!" Yuri pouted in frustration.

  "Probably so." She chuckled lightly.

  Facepalm. 

  A partner to chase the other annoying and persistant suitor away was just her flawless plan. 

 

~~~

 

  Does he like her? Maybe not. 

  Being his secretary for years, Victoria had definitely many questions on her mind. But as his employee, she had never dared to voice out her queries but just did as she was told by him. After all, who was she to doubt his decision or question him? She was just paid to carry out her job.  

  "Victoria Unnie! Why are you in a daze?" Jessica smiled at her, as she waved her hands in front of her.

  "You're looking for Mr Kim?" She blinked before regaining her composure.

  "Yes, no I m-mean... not r-really." She tried to explain frantically as she blushed red with embarrassment. "-I j-just past by and brought some cakes up here to treat everyone." 

  "That's really nice of you, Miss Park." She smiled politely at her, before taking the exquisitely-designed box from her.

  "Is Jaejoong in the office?" She asked carefully, with a tinge of pink still evident on her cheeks.  

  "Yes, but Mr Kim is currently in the midst of meeting and won't be free until late evening."

  Her face immediately darkened as she was slightly disappointed that he was busy.

  Beep.

  "Yes, Mr Kim?" Victoria answered.

  "Meeting is over. Please get me a cup of coffee."

  "Miss Park is currently outside your office as well." She informed him.

  "Jessica?"

  "Yes."

  "I'm free right now. Let her enter my office then."

  "Yes, Mr Kim."

  As she hung up the phone, Jessica looked at her curiously as if waiting for her to inform her of the good news. 

  "Mr Kim is currently free. You may-"

  Before she could complete her sentence, the elegant lady had jumped up in delight.

  "Thanks, Vic! Enjoy the cakes!"

  "Thank you, Miss Park."  

  Judging from her excitement, the way her eyes sparkled and her reactions, she was certain about something.

  Does she like him? Certainly so.    

 

~~~

 

  /Hello! You're finally back./

/Yes, Yuri?/

/I need your urgent help!/

/I'll do anything to help my dearest sister./

/There's going to be an event tonight./

/Im Corporation?/

/Yes!/

/I'm not attending since I just got off from the plane./

/Please attend./

/You need a partner?/

/No, but I've a partner in mind for you./

/What? I'm not even attending./

/No! You've to help me./

/But I'm so tired./

/Please./

/Well, since you're pleading-/

/That's great!/

/Hello?/

 

  He sighed, as her demanding sister hung up shortly. He needed some rest but since it was her sister for pleaded for help, he had no choice but to give in. Everything was worthwhile as long as her sister was happy. He closed his eyes and thought of the mysterious partner whom his sister had set up for him. 

 

~~~

 

Hi everyone! Sorry for the super late update, I hope you're still following the story!

Don't worry, I'm definitely still continuing the story. Just that, I'm a little busy with school nowadays since my holidays are over. My updates will be a little slow, but I'll update.

Yuri's brother has finally made his appearance! Mysterious, isn't it? xD How about the other couple, Jessica and Jaejoong? This chapter is definitely a cliff-hanger because there has been alot being unsaid.

You'll just have to read on and the full story will be revealed shortly after! ^_^

I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Thank you for reading.  

See ya~