F i v e

Our Memories

  "C'mon, you should take a break from work. And, it has been long since we've had our lunch together. Are you that heartless to ..." Yuri pouted sadly as she pleaded with her puppy eyes.

  "Ageyo doesn't work on me, Yuri. Urgent work requires urgent attention." She replied, while her eyes never leaving the overflowing piles of work and papers on her table. "And besides, I just had lunch with you a few days back." 

  "Your best friend just came back from America and this is how you treat her?" A forlorn look replaced her cheerful bright smile on her face, as she attempted to give a disappointed look.

  "Yuri, you've a capable brother who will be taking over the company eventually. And you'll be pampered and taken care of for the rest of your life. You've almost nothing to worry about. I envy you, I really do." Her eyes that were deep and dark had contrasted flawlessly with her porcelain-like skin. 

  "Yoona, I ... " Before she could even find the right words to fit in, a phone call interrupted their conversation. "Omo, it's Mr Blue Roses! He is calling, again!"

  And almost instantly, Yoona had a frustrated look on her face as she had been trying to avoid him.

/Hello, I'm calling to check if Miss Im has received the bouquet of flowers I sent?/

/Hello, Mr Park! You've called at the right time!/ 

  "Tell him I'm not in! Yuri, tell him that!" This time, it was Yoona who was pleading helplessly.

/Miss Im is not free to pick up your call right now but she totally loves the flowers you've sent her./

  She chuckled softly as her words dripped in sarcasm.

/I'm really glad then. Regarding my request, has she responded?/

/Oh, you're referring to the request as your partner tonight? She's interested.../

  Yoona who was shaking his head frantically and a mischievious grin formed on her faceAs soon as Yuri mouthed the word "Lunch", Yoona nodded her head vigorously, with a hundred and eighty degree change of attitude. It was indeed an hilarious scene, with Yoona

/But, she can't accept your request. I'm very sorry, Mr Park. And I hope you'll find your partner soon./

/.../

/Have a good day./

  "Thank goodness!" Yoona heaved a sigh of relief as the call which had caused her much anxiety had finally ended in peace. "I almost had a heart attack, Yuri!" 

  "Can we go for lunch now?" 

  "Give me another ten minutes to tie up the loose ends and ..."

  "Yoona-ah, if you're not going to hurry, I might just change my mind and call him." Yuri stiffled a laugh as she held up the mobile phone in her hand, giving her an impatient yet teasing smile.

  "Yah, are you blackmailing me now?"

  "Maybe?"

  "Kwon Yuri!"

  "I'm calling him." 

  "... Fine, we're going for lunch now." 

~~~

 

  Adorned with luxury from head to toes, one could easily tell that she was a rich heiress of a big Corporation. But it would take much effort to guess she was the younger sister of Yoona. She walked on the streets with the very same heavy-hearted feeling she had always felt. That feeling of which she would start another day all over again, making things happen, to make the day better, but ended up not fulfilling a single day as she found herself stuck in the middle of nowhere, yet again. It was the feeling of which she wanted to change, but there were many fears she had that kept her from achieving them. Then, it would dawn upon her that maybe, there was nothing she could possibly do. And, she would find herself helplessly trap in this endless, painful vicious cycle.  

  "Im Nana?" The clicking of a pair of high heels jolted her out of her reverie, as she turned to look at a somewhat unfamiliar figure. But she was certain she had met this person before. "It's really you! Nana-shi!" 

  "I'm sorry but have I met you before?" She inhaled slowly before inverting her gaze on the beautiful young lady who was panting slightly while chasing after her. 

  "You don't remember me, at all?" There was a look of slight disappointment on her face as Nana shook her head. "It's all right, besides you were really drunk."

  "I don't quite get you." She looked at her in bewilderment. 

  "You were drunk yesterday, and you crashed into me on the streets. It was me who called your sister to pick you up. And we sent you back home together. Don't you recall anything?"

  "Really? If that's all, I'll get going then." She was nonchalent and her harsh words had infuriated the sharp-tongued beauty.

  "You're rude, aren't you? You've no basic manners at all. Shouldn't you be apologizing for causing trouble to me for the incident? Or at the very least, be thankful for someone who had helped you. And ..."

  "Spare your lecture." She interruped her impatiently as she began to move off in the other direction, turning her back against hers.

  "Bwoh? You, stop right there!" She snapped angrily and grapped onto her wrist forcefully, stopping her in her tracks.

  "And what more do you want from me?" Nana rolled her eyes, feeling rather vexed.

  "Apologize. Now." She eunciated each word clearly as her eyes were burning in fury.  

  "Who are you to tell me what I've to do? You've no rights at all."

  "Jessica Jung." Clad in her faux-fur coat, she walked away icily while tossing her hair back with utter arrogance.

  "What a ." Nana cursed under her breath as she continued in her tracks in the opposite direction as that of Jessica's.

  Living under the very same blue sky, they will soon realize that their fateful encounter would not end there for the earth is round and they'll definitely come across each other again.  

 

~~~

 

  Sipping his France-imported coffee as usual, he was swiftly signing the documents with his sleek fountain pen. But he had a rather disgruntled look on his face for there was an uninvited guest, sitting rather comfortably in front of him.

  "Hyung, I'm really at my wits' end this time." He placed his hands on his table firmly, blocking his view from the documents that were long overdue intentionally. 

  "You're a pain in the , Yoochun."

  "Yes, yes. I know, but you really have to help me!" He spoke with much sincerity as he looked earnestly at the man who finally put down his fountain pen.

  "If you're referring to that Im Yoona, she's definitely not your type. She's weird."

  "No, special is the right word for her. And she's my destiny, I'll wait for her to accept me."  He chuckled to himself, as he could not erase the beauty he had longed for from his mind.

  "I'm getting goosebumps now. You can continue to wait for her, I won't stop you."

  "But she needs to know of my existence. Her secretary doesn't let me get into contact with her at all." He furrowed his brows, looking with irritation as he thought about the two conversation he had with her.

  "You're probably famous for being a stalker to them. Vic, any information on them?" He gestured his capable secretary who had consolidated the detailed information in her Ipad into his office.

  "I believe the secretary whom Yoochun was referring to is Miss Kwon Yuri, the heiress of Kwon Corporation. And she ..."

  "No, we don't need any background information on her. I'm not interested in her at all." Yoochun interrupted her report. "I just want to know about Yoona-shi."

  "Alright, I understand. Miss Im was from the same elementary school as her and they share a rather close relationship. They've made a reservation at our restaurant for lunch under Miss Kwon Yuri's name. And ..." 

  "Thanks, I'll be eternally grateful! And you've a brilliant secretary. I'll be rushing off now. See you tonight!" Hastily waving goodbye, he left the office leaving behind two annoyed beings.

  "Vic, you've something to say?" 

  "I feel that Mr Park is being far too pushy. I doubt he would succeed in asking Miss Im Yoona as his partner." Victoria spoke rather confidently, with her in-depth analysis based on what she had found. "And he doesn't have a plan in mind. Miss Im Yoona is rather intelligent. With Miss Kwon Yuri as her foolproof shield, I believe Mr Park stands ..."

  "Zero chance at all."

  "Zero chance at all."

  They chuckled lightly in unison as both of them came to an unanimous conclusion.

 

~~~

   

  "Sica!" His tone was of utter surprise. "What are you doing here?"

  "Visiting Victoria." She said pleasantly.

  "You're probably referring to her boss, who happens to be my best buddy." 

  "And, how about you? My lovestruck brother who can't get over the fact that he's rejected, are you feeling alright now?" She jovially, while evading the topic tactfully.

  "I wasn't rejected." He rebutted almost immediately, while looking away intentionally to avoid her gaze. "And coincidentally, Yoona-shi will be having their lunch here."  

  "Oppa, you're definitely a stalker!" Jessica pointed out frankly, half-exasperated and half-amused as a rather disgusted look formed on her face. It was indeed the very first time, she had seen her brother spending so much effort and time on a woman. No doubt, Yoona was beautiful and flawless but she had always known her brother as an idle person who would never settle down in a proper relationship. 

  "It's fate, I doubt you will ever understand." He gave her a shove on her elbow in delight as he was not able to contain his excitement in chancing upon his goddess.

  "Yah, get away from me! You're disgusting."

  And so, the bickering siblings enjoyed their warm afternoon together.

 

~~~

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late updaye, I hope you're following the story!

Yoona's conversation with Yuri is pretty interesting, if you read closely. And their friendship is totally lovely! I'm smiling while I'm typing out :) Their friendship is really meaningful because you'll realize that the seemingly strong Yoona is giving in to Yuri who is rather demanding. But she's a very kind-hearted girl, who cares for Yoona wholeheartedly and understands her the most. She'll be Yoona's pillar of support in the coming chapters when there's problems. That's what friends are for, isn't it? :)

A little drama in this chapter with Jessica and Nana! Their argument is quite intense, isn't it? They're the kind that totally hates to lose. One is demanding for an apology while the other one who doesn't give a damn is not giving in at all. With Jessica hurling reasonable facts matched up with Nana's hostile yet nonchalent reaction, who do you think will win the battle?

Though Victoria does not graduate from her pretigious university unlike Yoona and Jaejoong, but she's as intelligent as them. Her thoughts are almost similar to Jaejoong's, just that Jaejoong is often mysterious and unreadable. Needless to say, with Victoria as his capable assistant, Jaejoong is almost a formidable man. They're by far the most interesting characters to write about :) 

And lastly, I hope you're enjoying the story so far :) 

Thank You for your support ^^ I'll continue to work hard.

Goodbye~