O n e

Our Memories

  Clutching the elegantly-designed invitation card nonchalantly with her slender fingers, Jessica skimmed through the contents. Her face showed her obvious displeasure; she was indeed pissed off for she had always dreaded such events.

  “This is the event we can’t afford to skip. We have to show respect to the Im Corporation. Besides, it’s going to be light-hearted and …” And before Yunho could finish his lines, he was cut off abruptly, much to his annoyance.

  “Apparently, it’s the event of the year. Besides, the old couple is just going to show off their lovey dovey moments.” Yoochun spoke  monotonously with a sarcastic tone, drawing laughter from his dearest sister. 

  “My decision is final. We’ll be going, together.” Yunho enunciated each word properly, putting extra emphasis on the last word, eliciting exasperated groans from the two of them. 

  As Yunho left the room, they exchanged annoyed glances with each other.

  “Oppa, any information on the Im Corporation? They're the talk of the town these days, I wonder why.” Jessica said as she threw the card casually on the table.

  Yoochun began to punch the keywords on his smartphone before muttering out the details. “The Im Corporation.. Successfully ranked top in the Asia… Miss Im Yoona, president of the firm..”

  “Managed by a woman? A single woman?” Jessica raised her eyebrow skeptically, becoming interested in her unknowingly.

  “Graduated from a renowned university at a mere age of sixteen, she joined the Im Corporation to assist her father whose health had declined over the years. She took over the firm in the following year.”

  “Serious?” Rather amazed, Jessica snatched over the phone as she could not believe how accomplished the young heiress of Im Corporation was though they were of the same age, to the point that she was envious of her capability.

  “Currently twenty two and had no interest in marriage, she puts her mind fully in further expanding the company.” Jessica continued fluently. 

  “I bet she’s ugly, Jessica. Click on her picture.” Yoochun prompted her sister and their surprised gaze were fixed on the screen of his phone. Both of them had the same astonished expression, as they admired the picture of the young heiress of the Im Corporation. Mesmerized by her beauty, Jessica was speechless as she couldn’t help but to admit that the girl in the picture was far prettier than her. 

  And pretty was certainly not the right word to describe her, she was doubtlessly beautiful and stunning.

 

~~~

 

  The man hovered over the woman with his half- body. His body was perfect, with the chocolate abs and chest muscles that ually aroused the woman lying below him. His intense gaze was enough to send shivers down her spine. The couple engaged in a passionate French kiss as they fought for the dominance. Their hands roamed around each other’s bodies naturally.

  To their surprise, a phone call interrupted them before the job was done. The hot make out session ended much earlier than the woman had expected when the man threw her a cheque at her coldly. He picked up the phone and gesture the busty woman to get out impatently.

  “Jae, you know Yoona-shi?” Yoochun spoke over the phone excitedly.

  “If you're referring to the heiress of Im Corporation, we're involved in a project together recently. And besides, we were in the same year back when we were in Harvard.” Jaejoong replied, drawing envy from the love-struck man. 

  “That’s such a coincidence! By any chance, have you lay hands on her before?” Yoochun asked carefully.

  “No, she's not my cup of tea.” Jaejoong replied, in an indifferent tone.

  “Really? She has matured really beautifully. Apparently she has turned down all social activities. It's a pity she has no interest in men.” Yoochun was still awed by her beauty after several hours.

  “And what do you want from me, buddy? I'm sure you didn't disrupt my y make-out session just to discuss her beauty.” 

  “Ha, you sure know me well. Set me up with her, will you?” Yoochun requested and declared smugly. "I want her on my bed after the event tomorrow."

  “Ya Oppa, you’re so dirty-minded! All you can think of is that?” Before they could continue their discussion, their conversation was interrupted by a female who was listening beside Yoochun all this time. He chuckled slightly as he could imagine the violent willful princess disgusted with her brother's acts.

  "Jae, I'll wait for your call then. Ouch! Stop hitting me, Sica!" And their phone call ended, with Yoochun wincing in pain.

  She was indeed special, intriguingly attractive. She entered the university with the top score at a young age, but it wasn’t her exceedingly intelligence that caught his eyes. It was the confident and indifferent aura she exuded. She knew what she wanted and had never lost sight of her goal. She never followed the crowd nor was swayed by others' opinions. Instead of dolling herself up and partying all night, she was never involved in any social activities. Simply put, she was a nerd, a loner; but rather a conceited and confident one, to be precise. He was somehow attracted to this young lass, even if he refused to admit it. 

  Again, a call came, jolting him out from his thoughts. As he glanced at the caller's name, he was immersely unhappy to pick up her call.

  "Mr Kim, your guest has arrived for the meeting. Please come back to office now." It was his bothersome secretary, who always had her way in dealing with him. 

  "... I'm not in the mood for a meeting. Arrange another time for us." 

  "Mr Kim, we're running on very tight schedule. And.." Before she completed her sentence, another distinctive voice spoke. 

  "Jaejoong-shi, I'm not going to wait. If you're not coming, I'll be off now. I've much important matters to attend to." The caller sounded rather angry as she hated wasting time. To her, time is precious and it should be made use of effectively and not be wasted on someone who never knew how to cherish time.

  Almost instantly, he recognized the owner of the voice, who was the subject of the conversation with Yoochun, just few minutes ago. In a surprised yet teasing tone, he spoke brightly, "Yoona-shi? Don't worry, you'll see me in less than 5 minutes."

  "Yes, thank you for your kind understanding then. Goodbye." Even with the formalities, her words were coated with strong sarcasm.

  Putting on his clothes hastily, he did not forget to check his appearance, making sure he was presentable enough to meet his esteemed guest before entering his fanciful and luxurious Lamborghini Murcielago and sped to his office. He was looking forward to meeting the interesting girl, who never failed to amuse him.  

  Im Yoona, the female lead of tomorrow’s night event, had mysteriously caused a stir in the men's hearts.      

 

~~~

 

  "Hi pretty, you're alone tonight? Do I have the honour to buy you a drink?" A man who spoke in a flirty manner put his hand on the woman's shoulders, grinning widely. 

  "No, you don't because I'm filthy rich. Get your hands off me or your will be out of here." The woman hissed as she rolled her eyes at him, rather rudely. She was clad in a short crimson dress, accentuating her gorgeous figure and enthralling cleavage. She was the center of attraction in the bar.

  "You haughty , don't you know me? I'm the heir of Choi Corporation, who the hell are you?" The man's face darkened instantly as it was the first time he was rejected. He had been well-known for his flaming charisma, his flawless features.

  "Don't make me laugh, Minho-shi. As far as I know, Choi Corporation was never under you." The woman laughed, humiliating him at the same time.

  "You... who are you? I won't go easy on you, just because you're a girl!" Minho's face had turned beetroot red as he attempted to retalliate by threatening her this time.

  "Minho, you've messed with the wrong girl. She's Im Nana. Your company depends on her family, unfortunately." The courteous bartender finally spoke up, to ease the tension lest a fight break out between the two.

  Upon his realization, Minho bowed and left immediately before creating more troubles. Nana smiled at the bartender seductively and gulped the  alcohol she had in her hands. 

  "Nana! I heard the commotion just now, didn't expect it to be you!" A beautiful lady took a seat beside her as she beamed in delight upon meeting Nana. Her dark curls that fell on her shoulders emphasized her feminine features.

  Nana took a deep breath, tucking the loose tendrils behind her ears. "I'm not in the mood to chat with you. I just want to be alone, Hyuna."

  "What's wrong? How can the infamous daughter of Im Family be troubled?" Hyuna spoke in a rather cynical tone.

  "Just go away. I don't wish to turn nasty twice in a roll."

  "Araso araso, but how can you be so different from you sister? Your attitude is the worst man!" Hyuna commented causally, not one bit fazed.

  "Another word from you and you're as good as a dead man. I'm serious." Nana was immersely angered this time for she hated being compared to her sister the most. She had always felt inferior towards her sister. In terms of appearance, in terms of academics, in terms of capabilities, in terms of talents, her sister had always been perfect. And, her sister had been well-known for being the best daughter of the Im Family, while she, was simply just a spoilt brat. She knew, she would never do as well as her perfect sister. 

  And her sister was none other than, Im Yoona. 

 

~~~

 

Anyeong, it's my 2nd story ^_^ 

Support both stories, alright?

I had lots of thoughts while I was writing this story, which explains my rather late update!

Anyway, I don't have much to say for this chapter. I just hope you'll enjoy this story as much as I love it :)

Many ideas are running in my mind, and I'll be adding in many minor characters too.

Let me know if you've any preferences too and I'll take into consideration!

And, I've not decided on the final coupling, so your opinions do count alot! 

Comment & Subscribe~