T h r e e

Our Memories

  "Jessica, thanks for taking care Nana. And Jaejoong, I really appreciate it for sending us back. I'll see both of you at the event tomorrow then." As they waved goodbye to each other, Yoona smiled gently as she helped Nana out of the car, rather cautiously. 

  Pulling away from her roughly, Nana barely made her way into her bedroom, stumbling along the way before slamming the door shut.  

  As Yoona took small and hesitant steps through the unfamiliar doorway of her bedroom, she felt uneasy and could feel her heart skip a beat each time she took a step forward. Turning the doorknob slowly, her eyes lingered upon the slender figure lying on the bed wearily. Her room, which was in a mess, felt so empty and dark. It was an ironical and peculiar feeling, to be just next to her, yet feeling so distant. 

  "Nana," Taking gentle steps towards her, she called softly while holding a glass of warm water in her hands. "Drink this, you'll feel better."

  Silence.

  Yoona cleared and attempted to speak to her again. "For tomorrow's event, if you're not feeling well, I'll speak to Mom and Dad and you ..."

   "... Get out." She uttered harshly, with her back facing her.

  And once again, it was the usual icy-cold silence which enveloped them. An indescribable pain gripped her heart, for she knew their broken relationship could no longer be mended.

  After Yoona left her room, Nana stared blankly at the wall above her. She felt too suffocated to be living under the same roof as her. Struggling to keep her pain and unhappiness, she could no longer control the tears that escaped from her eyes.

  Throwing everything within her reach everywhere, she did not know whether to be angry at her sister or herself for she knew she could never be as perfect as her.  

~~~

  Jaejoong chuckled amusingly as he looked at the young heiress beside him, making a variety of expressions while being lost in her own deep thoughts. A frown, a smile and a pout would appear occassionally on her pretty face. 

  "Jae, what are you laughing at?" Jessica raised her eyebrows as she caught sight of his teasing chuckles.

  "I thought you were lost in your little wonderland. You're still thinking about her?" He looked at her curiously, as a chuckle escaped from his lips.

  "She's beautiful, capable, intelligent, humble, caring and the best part of her is that she doesn't depend on anyone but herself. She's perfect,  my role model. No, she's a role model of every girls!" She concluded as she turned to Jaejoong with her eyes sparkling. "Tell me more about her, Oppa. How is she like in university?"

  "Not much changes, about the same." He replied as he shrugged his shoulders.

  "I've heard she has never been in any relationship before, is that true?" She further questioned him.

  "She's too much of a geek to know about love. She was only sixteen when she entered university, if I have not recall wrongly."

  "A genius that is! She's just too perfect, Oppa. No guys would match up to her anyway. And that includes you." She grinned, throwing him another teasing gaze.

  "Don't be so mean, Jessica. I'm not that bad either, considering the number of girls who throw themselves at me." He flashed a charismatic smile at her as he laughed cheekily. 

  "And considering the number of girls who cried because of you ..." She paused for a moment, trying to find a suitable word to describe him.

  "What?"

  "You're a jerk."

  "Would you be my partner for tomorrow's night, Miss Jung?"

~~~

 

    Yoochun flicked his phone shut, sighing deeply as he leaned back against his seat. Impatiently tapping on the coffee table, he decided to dial the office number instead. 

 

/Hello, I'm Miss Im's secretary. She is currently busy at the moment, you can leave her a message./

/I'm Mr Park Yoochun. Is it possible for me to speak to her directly?/

/I'm sorry but Miss Im is not free to take the call./

/Then, do you have any idea whether she's going alone for tomorrow's event or .../

/About that, Miss Im will not be accepting any requests./

/But.../

/Mr Park, please respect that Miss Im has her own plans. If there's nothing else, I'm hanging up./

/.../

/.../

  Despite his effort in getting her number through connections, he was not able to reach her at all. And to make the matter worst, her rude secretary who spoke harshly to him, had given him a cold shoulder. He felt rather humiliated, as a Young Master of the Park Corporation.  

  As soon as Yunho stepped into the living room, he noticed his brother's anger.

  "What are you getting frustrated for?"  He passed him a cold drink, as an attempt to calm him down.  

  "Thanks Hyung. Partner for tomorrow's event.."

  "Shouldn't that be the least of your worries? You always have young starlets lining up for you to bring them to such events. What happen to the almighty Yoochun?" He chuckled loudly, earning a shove from his younger brother.

  "And I heard that your secretary is off on a holiday trip with her husband which means you won't have your usual partner with you, Hyung. Who are you going to bring for the event tomorrow?" He narrowed his eyes, rubbing his chin lightly with his fingers. "Don't tell me you are going to attend the event alone?" His eyes widened as he thought of the most possible decision his brother would make.

  "Can't I?"

 

  "Yunho Oppa, Yoochun Oppa! I'm back. You must help me select a perfect dress for tomorrow's event!" Jessica exclaimed excitedly as her high heels clicked loudly on their marble floor.

  "I've urgent work that's waiting for me, Jessica. And I mean, really urgent work. Yoochun will help you instead, he has the best taste." Yunho fleed hastily as he took off to his room.

  Several hours had passed and Jessica was still not done yet. He knew his little vain sister very well. She would be dissatisfied at all the dresses, picking on every little single details. Then, she would get agitated, frustrated, upset and at last, she would throw her usual temper tantrum. He would always be the victim of her tantrum.

  As she made a full turn, she admired herself with the silky black dress draped over her petite frame that stood perfectly in the mirror. "Oppa, how about this?" 

  "Ssica-ah, you look good, really really good. I mean you're just amazingly fabulous! Your pretty face and hourglass figure just makes everything perfect!"

  "Oppa, I can't trust you, you never mean what you say. You're just a sweet talker." Her words were sharp, yet true at the very same time. "I shall try the leather toga, it has more style."

  "Ssica-ah, you've spent more than a few hours on this, and you've tried on more than a dozen of dresses!" As she stepped into the dressing room once more, he sighed deeply, feeling rather vexed.

  "On second thoughts, I think the first one I tried was the best." She had a whimsical smile on her face, as she skipped in delight over to her brother, who had always doted on her.

  "And you spent so long just to decide on that? I'd rather you take the last piece you tried." He ran a finger through his hair, impatiently.

  "Blame it on your best buddy, Oppa!"

 

~~~

Hello, everyone! An update! :)

And let's talk a little about the character, starting with Jessica. She's direct, straightforward and sharp with words, but I think you've noticed, she's a rather contradictory person too. If you recall, she said that Jaejoong likes Yoona in the previous chapter and pointed out he's a jerk but now, she just accepted his request to be his partner. Why? You'll have to figure out.

Yoona carries a big burden with her. I'm not referring to her sister or family but the pressure to manage the Im Corporation well. She's perfect and mature, but she's rather selfish. Because she doesn't do anything to salvage the relationship with her sister, though she does show concern. But, she gives up without even trying. That's one of the main problem with her. 

And Nana, I really sympathetize with her. She doesn't really detest her sister but she can't get over the inferiority she had when she sees her. Especially when Yoona treats her really nicely, she'd rather she has a bad personality and she'd feel better. But then again, her sister loves her very much.

Jaejoong and Jessica aren't in a relationship, but they're very much comfortable with each other, in contrast with Yoona and Jaejoong in the previous chapter. And Yoochun is the nicest brother who would always tolerate Jessica's temper. But there's a reason for that, you'll have to read on to find out about their past which will be revealed. And who's the mysterious secretary who's rather harsh with Yoochun? She'll join in the story soon!

I hope you're enjoying!

Do comment & subscribe!

Goodbye~