2

All It Took Was A Bump

The newly acquainted boys walk together, Baekhyun to the right, Chanyeol to his left, following him.

 

All that was on Baekhyun's mind was getting this weirdo to wherever he was supposed to be, going home, facing Suho and his , and then going back to sleep.

 

He began to think of what to say to Suho.

 

“Are the people nice here?”

 

Baekhyun pretended to not listen.

 

'I could just tell Suho to off. Yeah. That always works. But then he just gives the silent treatment for weeks.'

 

'Or I could just go in my room.'

 

'Or maybe just saying sorry and...no. I shouldn't be the one apologizing, he should be, for being like a stupid crazy mom all the damn t--'

 

“Hey! I don't even know your name.”

 

Chanyeol interrupted his thoughts.

 

'This guy.'

 

“It's Baekhyun,” he replied coldly.

 

'I really just want to go home.'

 

“That sounds like bacon.”

 

'THIS ING GUY.'

 

“So I've been told. My friends call me that all the time.”

 

Chanyeol clapped his hands together happily.

 

“Since I'm your friend, I can call you that too, right?”

 

'…'

 

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks and turned toward him.

He had no idea why he was being so pissy to this guy today.

 

But he's going a little too fast.

 

“Look, I don't know about you, but don't you think you're going a little too fast?”

 

Chanyeol looked surpised. “Too fast? What?”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “I barely met you like, what, 10 minutes ago? All you did was ask for directions, and I'm here, giving them to you.”

 

Chanyeol remained silent, so Baekhyun continued.

 

“You don't know anything about me, and I don't you anything about you except your name is Chanyeol and your perception of friendship is ed up.”

 

They stared at each other, Chanyeol looking like a sad puppy, and Baekhyun feeling a pang of guilt.

 

“Sorry, I was just...eager to make a friend over here, with the moving and stuff...I'll go find the place by myself,” Chanyeol said, and walked off rubbing the back of his neck.

 

'I feel bad now...Come on bacon, give the guy a break...he just moved here.'

 

“Hey, wait!” Baekhyun shouted, running over to Chanyeol.

 

He looked down.

 

“I'm sorry for being a jerk back there.”

 

Chanyeol perked up.

 

“So you'll be my friend?”

 

Baekhyun hesitated for a moment.

 

'I guess. He'll forget about me soon enough, I'm sure.'

 

“Sure.”

--

weak. weak. weak. ugh. sorry. so weak. ; ; i'll try harder next time...