1

All It Took Was A Bump

It all started out as a regular cold winter morning.

 

Baekhyun was on a stroll through the town he resided in, admiring the crisp, icy weather and the lack of people.

 

It was too early—especially for him, a normal, perfectly healthy college student.

 

But he didn't care. He thinks that mornings like this are too rare to be thrown away so carelessly.

 

...Although,when you leave so suddenly at six in the morning without telling your crazy roommate, there are consequences.

 

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and immediately cursed to himself.

 

'Oh Christ. I thought he would still be passed out.'

 

His phone revealed 23 new messages, all from the same crazy roommate, all with the same crazy message: “Where are you and who are you with? Are you okay?”

 

He typed up his reply and sent it.

 

“To: Crazy rm

Suho theres no reason for you to freak out ok? Im just walking around downtown omg”

 

He received a reply at the speed of light.

 

“RE: Suho theres no...

Well excuse me for being concerned about my roommate who leaves unusually at 6 'o clock in the morning without saying to me. All you had to do was leave a note or something.”

 

'I'm an adult,' he thinks, 'I can take care of myself. I'm perfectly fi--'

 

His thoughts were interrupted by the impact of bumping into someone, from not paying attention because of being so immersed in his phone, which he dropped.

 

“Ah, I'm really sorry.” he heard a deep voice apologize to him.

 

Baekhyun looked him, amazed at how tall the source of the voice was, and how his voice didn't match his face at all, and how perfect his features were. His bright brown hair was neatly parted, and bore hipster glasses with a frame that resembled a tortoise shell that rested on the bridge of his nose. His eyes had a certain twinkle in them, a twinkle that had memories of mischief and happiness—something Baekhyun wished he had.

 

“Uh, are you okay?” the man had asked, a little concerned by how much Baekhyun had been staring at him.

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his trance. “Oh, uh, it's okay.” He bent down to get his phone until the stranger put a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Here, let me get that for you. It was my fault anyways.”

 

He retrieved Baekhyun's phone with clowns with grass for hair and gave it back to him.

 

“Interesting cover,”

 

Baekhyun looked at the screen and the cover. Everything was fine. Nothing broken.

 

“Thanks.”

 

The two faced each other awkwardly. Now it was the stranger's turn to admire his future friend's features.

 

He had dark brown well-kept hair that looked like it was fixed every five minutes. His skin looked smooth, soft, flawless. He had eyeliner applied—though the stranger was positive that he probably looked fine without it. Eyeliner or not, his pure eyes smiled at him, giving the stranger a sense of friendliness.

 

“So, um..” Baekhyun said, breaking their silence.

 

“My name is Chanyeol, and I've actually just moved here from across the country, and I'm a little lost. Since we're sort of friends now, can you help me?”

 

'Sort of friends? Uh, no, slow down. You may be good-looking but all we—no, you--did was bump into me and made me drop my phone...'

 

Chanyeol flashed a huge bright smile that could've improved anyone's day in a snap.

 

 

He couldn't be that bad, could he?

 

'Alright, well, he seems okay..'

 

“Where do you need to go?”

 

Chanyeol pulled out a crumply yellow lined paper from his back pocket, straightened it out, and gave it to Baekhyun. “Someone needed a roommate here, so I took the offer, since I'm going to be studying here.. All they did was tell me these directions.”

 

Baekhyun inspected the crumpled paper, recognizing the very familiar address.

 

“I live in this same apartment complex,” he answered.

 

Chanyeol's eyes flashed and widened, taking on the expression of an amazed kid.

 

“No freakin' way! That's awesome!”

 

'This is really weird.'

 

 

 

And so beings the friendship of Chanyeol and Baekhyun.