Trying to Adjust

I Want You But You Don't Want Me [Hiatus]

While Kyuhyun and Seohyun were on their way to school, Yoona was busy munching on her tuna sandwich as her breakfast.

She was totally confused. Her seat-mate, Kyuhyun and her best friend, Seohyun, should be at school at this time. Kyuhyun and Seohyun should be at school now.. Are they skipping school? Oh no, that's terrible! 

All of a sudden, the door of Class 3 Educational burst open, revealing Seohyun and Kyuhyun chatting with each other while laughing.

Yoona's jaw almost dropped to the ground. She also almost dropped her tuna sandwich onto the ground.

With that, she began to ponder into her train of thoughts, 

OH MY GOOOSH! ARE THEY GOING TO SCHOOL TOGETHER?! OH, THIS COULDN'T BE! BUT MY SHIP'S STILL SAILING, HOORAY!

Yeah, Yoona was shipping Seohyun and Kyuhyun for she-knows-how-long. But she didn't expect her beloved imaginary Bella and Edward Cullen, from the Twilight series, going to school together since you know, they were enemies before.

Yoona tried not to flail her arms like some sort of fangirl or something so, she just took deep breaths and a smile curled onto her lips before chirping, "Good morning, guys!"

"Good morning, Yoong!"

Seohyun and Kyuhyun chirped together and Yoona felt that she wanted to fangirl some more so.. there went her train of thoughts again. They harmonized together! Ah, my feeeels!

Seohyun and Kyuhyun exchanged weird looks and shrugged their shoulders before turning to Yoona. They waved at each other as Seohyun took her usual seat in front of Yoona and Kyuhyun beside Yoona.

Yoona turned her gaze at Kyuhyun, cocking a brow as she took a paper before writing on it:

Did the two of you go to school together?! OMG! <3

She immediately passed it to Kyuhyun, who blinked his eyes and read the message as his cheeks turned a tint of crimson before replying:

​(Bold refers to Kyuhyun, Italics refers to Yoona)

Yeah, we made up last night while stargazing and sitting on her set of swings.. :)

Omo, that's über cute! Give me the details :D

Seohyun's the one who wanted to say sorry and I was sooo happy n_n

Aww, marry her soon, Kyuhyun! I'm rooting for SeoKyu! And it's a good thing Seororo took my advice. :)

I will, I will. ..Say, do you ship us or something? With that 'SeoKyu' thingy.

Heh. Let's say.. the two of you should marry after we graduate.

THE END (Too lazy and my hands are kinda sweaty LOL)

 

Kyuhyun kept his gaze at Seohyun during History class and tried to touch the girl's hair (and make it very beautiful) but his hand was always slapped by Yoona.

Why? According to miss Yoong, she had tons of reasons:

1. Seohyun will be SUPER mad.

2. Seohyun wouldn't like Kyuhyun.

3. Kyuhyun will get detention for not paying attention.

4. Maybe Seohyun will get a pink slip as well.

5. And her beloved SeoKyu ship WOULDN'T sail.

6. This is a good conclusion: If Seohyun and Kyuhyun both get a pink slip, they'll end up in detention together! But Yoona doesn't want to ruin her friends' reputation so.. yeah.

 

It was finally recess after oh-so-boring classes. As the bell's ringing filled the whole school, everyone scampered out of class and Seohyun brought her usual container with goguma (sweet potatoes).

But Yoona stopped her best friend's tracks with a fake cough and a question,

"Seohyun-ah, do you want to have recess with Kyuhyun and I? I knew the two of you made up."

With that, Seohyun felt time had stopped for awhile and her brain just couldn't function well.

"Uh.." It was the only word Seohyun could mutter and she scratched her head in total confusion. 

Seohyun's forehead began bathing with sweat. She didn't know how to answer.

Since she and Kyuhyun just made up last night, it was too hard to adjust.

Even though they got along well after texting last night.

But Seohyun felt seriously awkward when they were in school since most of the students in class knew her and Kyuhyun's relationship: forever enemies, not frenemies or friends.

After a few minutes of silence, Seohyun questioned Yoona back, blinking her eyes curiously.

"How could you know about us making up?"

"Uh.."

"I think it's Kyuhyun, right?"

"Uh.. Kinda."

"I knew it."

"Great! Now, come to our table!"

"But-"

Before even Seohyun could respond, she was now being dragged (with the container of sweet potatoes in her hands) by her one and only best friend, Yoona.

 

"B-But.. Yoona, I don't want to!"

"Come on, it'd be fun!"

"But I'd rather sit alone.."

"Waaait, I thought you and Kyuhyun made up last night."

"But still-"

"Ah, just sit there next to your prince charming~" Yoona teased Seohyun playfully and nudged her arm with Seohyun's, flashing a wink while pointing at Kyuhyun, who was eating his lunch.

"Hey, he's not my prince charming, Yoona."

"YEEES! THE TWO OF YOU ARE JUST SOOO CUTE!"

"Uh.. That's so not true."

"ARGH, JUST SIT!" 

Yoona pushed Seohyun towards Kyuhyun and her shoulder accidentally hit Kyuhyun's, making the lad almost spilled his lunch.

"I-I'm sorry, Kyuhyun.. I-It's Yoona's fault.." Seohyun bowed her head repeatedly and tried to help Kyuhyun clean his lunch.

Kyuhyun just let the thing get off his head, not blaming Seohyun at all. "It's okay, Seohyun. Here, let me help you."

Kyuhyun helped Seohyun to clean his lunch and every student in the cafeteria began to gossip about it.

"Are they a pair of lovebirds?"

"I think they are.. Look at them, their hands are nearing each other's!"

"ARGH, NOBODY STEALS SEOHYUN FROM MEEEE!"

"Kyuhyun oppa's mine! Not that stupid lady there. Watch out!"

"I think they look cute."

While Yoona was just smiling from ear to ear, her doe eyes glistening. It was real.. like finally! She was as happy as a lark that her best friend made up with her seat-mate.

Seohyun and Kyuhyun were still in their so-called 'cleaning process', not realizing their eyes were locked onto esch other's. But when they were about to grab Kyuhyun's clean turkey sandwich, their hands accidentally brushed against each other's.

"AHH!" slipped out from Seohyun's mouth and she blushed profusely.

Meanwhile.. "OMO!" slipped out from Kyuhyun's mouth and he released his hand from Seohyun's.

"Uh.. that was.." Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. "Embarrassing?"

"Y-Yeah.." Seohyun continued blushing and the two stood up, with Kyuhyun volunteering to clean Seohyun's uniform.

"H-Hey.." Seohyun removed Kyuhyun's hands from her uniform, still blushing as she shook her head. She started to eat her sweet potatoes as she sat down on her, Yoona's and Kyuhyun's table.

She was sitting between Yoona and Kyuhyun and she could feel more skin contact with Kyuhyun, blood still rising on her cheeks and her heart somehow beating fast.

Will I be able to adjust? Oh, goodness gracious! Someone, please help me from this mess!

 

The bell rang, signalling that recess was over and it was time for another session of classes. Groans and yawns echoed through 3 Educational's classroom walls; Sir Alex was going to come in but some students, including Seohyun, liked it very much. And somehow, Yoona and Kyuhyun liked the arrival of Sir Alex today. 

The reasons were simple: Yoona, because her ship a.k.a. SeoKyu developed more during recess and Kyuhyun (who was still smiling widely like a total idiot), because he could feel sparks fly during recess. Oh, these two seat-mates were almost the same.

Chatters filled the classroom until an usually grumpy Sir Alex barged into the classroom like a whirlwind, ending the chatters into immediate silence and then, the lesson started to begin as usual.

 

The bell rang for the third time and that means.. finally, oh, finally, school on that Wednesday was over! Seohyun left the classroom in a hurry towards the bicycle shed, much like Speedy Gonzalez. She wanted to go home early to help her mom prepare lunch as usual. She went towards her bicycle and she sat on her bicycle seat.

When she was about to cycle home, her eyes caught the sight of her friends and class-mates, Kyuhyun and Yoona, going towards the bus stop of Seoul High School while chattering and laughing. They could be seen slapping each other's thighs, trying hard to muffle their unending laughter.

Seohyun could feel her heart beating even faster during recess, something surging into her and her knuckles turning white due to much clenching on her bicycle. She shook her thoughts off and she cycled home immediately, trying extremely hard to forget about what happened in front of her own eyes earlier.

Her train of thoughts went to work and she really wanted to slap herself on the face right now. Grr. 

Cho Kyuhyun, Im Yoona, what are you two doing to me right now? No, I don't love Kyuhyun more than a friend. I'm not jealous at all. They're seat-mates so, of course, they'll interact more! Why should I be jealous? That makes no sense at all! Damn it! God, what are you trying to face me with?

It was a good thing that she arrived home at the speed of lightning. It took her just seven minutes to get to Seoul Neighbourhood, She parked her bicycle in front of her house gates and went inside her house.

 

Word Count: 1556 words | Posted On: 21.03.2014

A/N: Squee, this is the 2nd update of 2014 after 2 months and 11 days! This fanfic would still be on hiatus since I'd update when I get my old, almost buried SeoKyu feels. Here's some KyuNa (Kyuhyun/Yoona) and a bit of confused-with-her-feelings Seohyun in this update, keke~