Finally Friends

I Want You But You Don't Want Me [Hiatus]

Recap/Flashback:

"Yoboseo?" That was the voice that she wanted to hear for so long.

"Hey, can I talk to you for awhile?"

***

"Um, I wasn't listening earlier. What were you saying?" Kyuhyun lied and let out a deep sigh. 

That voice was clearly an angel's and apparently, Seohyun was like an angel who was sent from Heaven.

"Can I talk to you for awhile?" Seohyun repeated the same question and took deep breaths.

Kyuhyun blinked his eyes when he heard Seohyun breathing. Was there something she wanted to tell him?

"Sure! Why are you being like this, Hyun?"

"W-Well.." Seohyun paused her words and chewed on her lower lip, trying to control herself.

"Come on, just tell me." 

"Um.." Seohyun could mutter that since she was feeling very nervous. She played with her fingers, her heart racing faster than adrenaline.

"Joo-hyun, is everything okay? I'll visit you now and check up on you. Your eomma wouldn't mind."

"Wait, don't-" The line was cut off and Seohyun groaned loudly, covering her face with her hands.

Why couldn't she just say that she wanted to be friends with Kyuhyun? They were friends, just friends!

Seohyun babbled like an old woman after releasing her hands from her face. She was so frustrated that night.

"Seohyun, Kyuhyun's waiting in front of the door!"

Oh great, just great. I'm going to face Kyuhyun now. This is all my fault! 

Seohyun thought to herself and stood up from her bed, walking towards the door before throwing it open as she ran downstairs, seeing her mom smiling from ear to ear.

"Your Prince Charming's waiting to pick you up, Seo."

"Eomma!" Seohyun's cheeks flushed red at the comment and she immediately went towards the door.

Her fingers were shaking and she felt that her body couldn't move to twirl the door knob.

She took deep breaths again and a wide smile curled on her lips. It was finally time to do this.

Seohyun twirled the door knob and saw Kyuhyun standing in front of her. She didn't notice that her cheeks were still red.

Kyuhyun let out a soft chuckle and gave the girl a playful wink. "I heard everything from A to Z."

That made Seohyun's cheeks flush more and she chewed on her lower lip. "Y-You have sharp ears."

"Haha. Come on, let's talk outside."

Kyuhyun had this huge smile plastered on his face as he accompanied Seohyun towards a swing set next to Seohyun's mother's little garden.

Seohyun felt that her heart was calm throughout that night. Maybe, Kyuhyun wasn't bad after all and she had mistaken that lad as a bad guy.

Seohyun sat on one side of the swing and Kyuhyun sat on the other side as they gazed at the stars shining in the sky.

"The stars are beautiful, aren't they?" Kyuhyun broke the three-minute silence, stealing a glance at Seohyun.

Seohyun nodded her head and her smile grew wider. "Yes, they always are beautiful."

"Have you ever stargaze, Seohyun?"

"Yes, when I was little and I'm not sure when. It has been a long time."

Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun, who was still gazing at the stars as she began to speak up, "Um, Kyuhyun?"

"Huh?" Kyuhyun was surprised when Seohyun called him as he immediately turned his gaze at Seohyun.

"I want to say that.."' Seohyun heaved a deep sigh, feeling that a tear was rolling down her cheek.

"I-I'm sorry.."

"What do you mean, Seohyun? I don't understand.."

"I'm sorry for being rude to you and all. I'm such a jerk.." Seohyun heaved a deep sigh and began to kick her feet to the ground, making the swing go up in the air.

With that, Kyuhyun's lips curled into a wide smile and rubbed the girl's back as the girl was back to the ground.

"It's okay, Seohyun. I forgive you.. Come on, let me give you a hug."

Seohyun chuckled and stood up, so did Kyuhyun. The two shared a hug and Seohyun rested on Kyuhyun's shoulder, whispering, "Thank you."

Kyuhyun's heart accelerated, playing a sweet rythym at those words as he patted Seohyun's shoulder, releasing the hug in a slow pace. "No problem."

 

"Are you going to go back home?"

"It's late at night, Hyun, my mom would be worried. I'll text you."

"Okay, I'll wait for you and see you at school tomorrow."

Kyuhyun heaved a deep sigh as he looked at Seohyun's face; it had been thirty minutes since he was there and the two chatted throughout the night.

"..Hey, do you want to walk to school tomorrow? But since you have a bike-"

Seohyun cut his words off, beaming as she exclaimed, "Oh, never mind! Sure, we can!"

"Alright. Good night, Joo-hyun."

Seohyun's eyes followed Kyuhyun as the lad went back to his house, with a wide smile on her face. Finally, they became friends after nearly a few months.

I hope everything will be well for the both of us. Seohyun thought before going back into her house.

 

Seohyun fiddled with her phone, waiting (im)patiently for Kyuhyun to text her. Her phone vibrated and a huge smile was plastered on her face at the sight.

It was a text from Kyuhyun and she felt butterflies in her stomach, slapping herself across her cheek at the thought.

"Ugh, I must be crazy," Seohyun mumbled as she replied to Kyuhyun's text and if you want to check it out, here's their conversation:

(Italics refers to Kyuhyun, Bold refers to Seohyun)

Hello, Seohyun-ah! Here's my promise!

Hey, Kyuhyun! Does your mom know about this?

Nah, she's busy watching TV with my dad. What about yours?

We're the same. So, do you think that we'll be accepted as prefects?

Of course, we're like the perfect team!

You're very cheesy and you make my cheeks burn!
 
I'm glad for making you blush.
 
WE'RE NOT A COUPLE, YOU IDIOT.
 
Hahahaha! I'm just joking, can't I?
 
Okay, okay. Have you prepared for the interview on Monday?
 
Not yet. How about you?
 
I practised during the afternoon. My script's almost done.
 
Wow, you're cool. I'm amazed.
 
Thanks but I'm not a magician or whatsoever. I'm just a student.
 
But you're still cool, gorgeous. Haha.
 
Um, you're making my cheeks burn again.
 
Aw, that's cute. Send a picture of it!
 
Not in a million years.
 
Hahaha! I think we're getting along, right?
 
Yeah. Oops, I have to go to sleep. My eyes are now puffy.
 
Okay, good night, Seohyun!
 
Good night!
 

Seohyun tossed her phone on the bed before laying her head on the pillow, still smiling. She was extremely happy — finally, she and Kyuhyun made things up.

And she couldn't wait for tomorrow, maybe things will be change for the best.

 

On Kyuhyun's side, he couldn't stop giggling, blushing and smiling by himself. Oh, come on, he was too in love with the one and only Seo Joo-hyun and I guess, he couldn't resist his feelings.

But oh well, at least he got a shot tomorrow: he will be walking with Seohyun tomorrow to school. How lucky, eh?

 

The next morning, Seohyun and her parents were busy having their usual breakfast: bacon and eggs.

Mr. and Mrs. Seo couldn't stop chattering about personal stuff, which Seohyun didn't care as she almost finished her breakfast.

Seohyun stole glances at the clock as she couldn't wait for Kyuhyun to pick her up and walk to school together.

But oh well, miss Seohyun had to be sooo patient.

 

While Kyuhyun was on his way to the Seo's residence, smiling oh-so-widely and he sang a kind-of-lovey-dovey song in the process. It was so like when a prince charming was going to save the love of his life, heh.

He arrived at their house and rang the doorbell next to the door, which made Seohyun and her parents stunned.

 

"I wonder who could that be," Mr. Seo mumbled and stood up from his chair as Seohyun stopped him, making her father sit back on his chair.

"It's okay, appa. I'll see who it is."

Mr. Seo nodded his head and Seohyun went to the door as she tried to guess that person in front of their door.

Ding! A lightbulb seemed to appear in her bream and the answer was.. Kyuhyun.

She threw the door open and it revealed a sheepishly grinning Kyuhyun, waving happily.

"Good morning, Seohyun. Have you finished your breakfast?"

"Good morning.. Yeah. I'll go and do my routine first."

"Okie dokie." Seohyun went towards the kitchen to do her routine with her parents.

Kyuhyun watched everything from behind and his smile grew wider at the sight. We're finally friends.

"Ehem." Seohyun cleared , scoffing loudly to get Kyuhyun out of his daydream and tapped Kyuhyun's shoulder after adjusting her backpack on her shoulders and fixing her shoelaces.

"We have to go, mister or else, we'll end up in detention after school."

"OH MY GOSH, YES!" Kyuhyun squeaked and took Seohyun's hand, dragging her to the sidewalk.

Seohyun's cheeks slowly started to heat up at their sudden skin contact and Kyuhyun didn't seem to notice it.

Ah, what a morning, I could say.

 

Word Count: 1524 | Posted On: 10.01.2014

A/N: FINALLY, I UPDATED THIS IN 2014. TT^TT I'm sorry this took VERY long. I hope this update satisties your needs! Also, dealing with my laziness disease was crazy. I planned to finish this before the end of January so, let's do it! Good luck to me and thanks for the support, everyone <3 /gives everyone hugs and cookies/

/coughswhodoesn'tlikehugsandcookiesanywaycoughs/ Just kidding xD Everyone loves hugs and cookies. ^-^