The Biology Test

I Want You But You Don't Want Me [Hiatus]

 

After the announcement of the prefect candidates’ meeting, Seohyun is way too angry in class until she didn’t give attention at all.

“Attention, class! We are going to the science lab for our Biology experiment. Take everything you need for the experiment. I want to see the thirty of you in front of the science lab,”

The class monitor assistant, Jiyeon said as she and her other friends walk to the science lab.

Seohyun takes all of her Biology books and her experiment things. Yoona and Kyuhyun also did the same.

“Yoona, let’s go!” Seohyun drags Yoona out of the class, leaving Kyuhyun alone.

Kyuhyun then quickly catches up Seohyun and Yoona.

“Seohyun, Yoona, wait!” Kyuhyun said as he holds Seohyun’s shoulder.

“Don’t touch me!” Seohyun releases Kyuhyun’s hand and runs to the science lab.

Kyuhyun sighs in satisfaction and Yoona comforts him.

“I think you should try harder, Kyuhyun.”

“I know that,” Kyuhyun then leaves Yoona alone by walking to the science lab.

Yoona shrugs and quickly runs to the science lab.

-

“Good that everybody is here. Now, I want to go to the toilet. Jiyeon, make sure that everybody is not playing around the science lab and if they do, write their names,” The class monitor, Donghyun explains to Jiyeon.

“Okay, sir!” Jiyeon salutes at Donghyun and sits down on the floors of the science lab.

Donghyun then walks outside of the science lab and goes to the toilet.

“You hear what Donghyun said? Be quiet!” Jiyeon shouts from afar and the students are like puppets.

They did not move nor talk. Seohyun then takes out her favorite Korean novel, A Step from Heaven, written by An Na.

This is how the story goes,

(A/N: I do research about this novel so hope you enjoy the plot.)

When Young Ju is four years old, she learns that her family is leaving their small fishing village in Korea to live in Mi Gook. Young Ju has heard enough about Mi Gook to be sure the place they are moving to is paradise that she and her family are going to heaven.

After flying through the sky for a long time, Young Ju finds out that Mi Gook is actually a regular earthly place called America. And it doesn't feel at all like heaven. A STEP FROM HEAVEN follows Young's life from the age of 4 all the way up until she is ready for college.

Seohyun reads every line of sentence of the novel. She is amazed about how Young Ju survived her life from the age of 4.

Just then, Donghyun walks in the science lab with Miss Hara, the class’ Biology teacher.

Seohyun quickly flips into the 100th page and bookmarks it with a pink glitter bookmark.

“Good morning, class,” Miss Hara said with a smile plastered on her beautiful and white face.

“Good morning, teacher,” The class bow towards Miss Hara.

“Class, I am so sorry that our experiment will be cancelled because I have a test for all of you. I am very sorry,” Miss Hara said.

“Aw, man,” Kyuhyun mutters in a sad mood. Seohyun looks at him and there is a look of sympathy in her face.

Maybe I should be friends with him. I should think first.

Seohyun thought in her mind and pays attention to Miss Hara’s Biology lesson of the day.

10 minutes later,

“Class, the test is not that hard. This is a test which reminds you of this lesson. If you’re paying attention to me 10 minutes ago, you might think that this is pretty easy,” Miss Hara said.

“Any questions before I start the test?”

Seohyun shots up her hand.

“Seohyun, what’s your question?” Miss Hara said with a smile.

Seohyun stands up and asks Miss Hara, “Hm. Miss Hara, is this a test which counts grades or a revision test?”

“Nice question, Seohyun. Actually, this is a revision test. But it also counts marks, not grades,” Miss Hara replies Seohyun’s question as Seohyun sits down.

“Let’s get the test started. The test ends in one hour and no copying and no talking,” Miss Hara said and asks Donghyun and Jiyeon to give the test papers to the students.

-

During the test,

“Seohyun, Seohyun!” Yoona whispers into Seohyun’s right ear.

“Ah…” Seohyun said as she looks back. Yoona is sitting behind her since the Biology lesson started.

“What’s the problem, Yoong?” Seohyun whispers back to Yoona.

“Do you know the answer of this question?” Yoona asks Seohyun.

Just about Seohyun wants to open , Miss Hara sees of what the two best friends had done and said,

“Seohyun and Yoona, I said earlier, NO TALKING!”

Seohyun and Yoona bow towards Miss Hara and continue to do their test paper.

The science lab is silent as they are in a cemetery.

-

Time passed fast and Miss Hara shouts,

“Time’s up! Send the test papers!”

All of the students walk towards Miss Hara and send their test papers.

“Okay. Thank you, class,” Miss Hara said to the class.

“Thank you, teacher,” All of the students pick up their Biology books and their ‘cancelled experiment’ things.

Then, all of the students walk to their class for their English lesson with Sir Alex, who is also their Science teacher.

When the students walk to 3 Educational, their class, Kyuhyun can’t take off his eyes at Seohyun.

Seo Joo-hyun… When will you accept the way I am? I need you, like so badly….