Umma Left?

Did I Miss My Chance?

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj8rQEFLlHo 

SHINee 샤이니 - Y.O.U (Year Of Us) ^^

---

 On the way to school you bumped into some of your friends from Girls' Generation (SNSD) who happened to be visiting from Seoul, Korea. With your popularity, it was no wonder how you became friends with one of Korea's most famous girl groups.

 "Hey Miko! Long time, no talk!" Taeyeon shouted. "How have you guys been?"

 You looked at Yumi before answering and reply, "We've been better. I think Yumi should've went to bed earlier than she did." Yumi looked up at the sound of her name. "We were watching One Direction last night live. They're really interesting..." Soohyun looked at you funny, never hearing of One Direction before.

 School went by as usual, except for the tears shed in every classroom. Everyone explained how they'll miss you too over the summer. You tried your best to tell them they'll see you next year at school, but they wouldn't listen. They all love you.

 When you came home, you found your Umma lying on the couch and pulled a blanket over her. You checked her forehead just in case and she was burning up. You quickly got out the thermometer to be sure it wasn't your hands tricking you and her temperature was 101.4. You're not a doctor, but you know that's not good. You shook your Umma awake and had Yumi help you get her to her bedroom while you got her some medicine. You gave her the medicine and put a cool towel on her head.

 After you made sure she was okay, you got on the computer. You really wanted to listen to Han Geng, but with Umma not feeling well, you decided to let her enjoy the quiet. That was when Yumi came up to you.

 "OMO! Miko, look at this!" You turned to look at her and she was holding up what looked like a bill.

 "What? What's wrong? It's not ours to worry about. Don't go through Umma's stuff!" You grabbed the paper from her.

 "Ani!" You guys wanted to learn Korean, so you practiced as much as possible. "Look at what it's for!"

 You were planning on checking it out later in private, but you guess you can do it now. As you got a closer look, you saw that it wasn't a bill. It was a paper claiming that the house was sold to some rich people and you were being forced to move out. You went upstairs to talk to Umma about it, but when you opened the door, Umma was nowhere to be found and the balcony door was wide open. You looked out the door to see if she was just relaxing in the sun, but there was a rope hanging off the railings and you had a horrible feeling you knew what that meant.

 "Yumi! YUMI! Where are you?! Umma's not here!" Panic started to kick in after realization did. Your Umma is gone. You tried calling her cell phone, but she wouldn't pick up. You knew she wouldn't, but you had to try.

 You could feel the tears about to spill, but you had to be strong for Yumi's sake. You were the same age, but Yumi couldn't handle as much as you.

 "Why are you yelling?" Yumi walked in, eating noodles. 'They're so damn good.'  "What's so important?" Yumi looked around the room. "Where's Umma?"

 You walked up to her and said, "Umma's not here. Mianhae Yumi, but Umma left us." You talked slowly and gave her time to take in what you just said. After she understood, she dropped her noodles and wrapped her arms around you.

 "What?! Where could she go?! Why would she leave us?! What did we do to deserve this?!" She started crying.

 "Yumi, please! Calm down!" You patted her head softly. "I don't know." You softened. "There's a lot of questions I have too." You rested her head on your shoulder. "We're just gonna have to get through this together."

 You cleaned up the mess of noodles and put Yumi to bed while singing a song to help her sleep. You two shared a room, but there were things you had to take care of before you closed your eyes. You made sure Yumi was sleeping before you got back up. You closed the door so she wouldn't wake up from the light.

 You got out all of the recent mail and went through it. Most of it was magazines. You looked at some of the outfits and decided to add it to your stash. 'Hehehe...'  You found more of the papers like the one Yumi found telling you to move out. It turns out, Umma's been getting these papers for the past 3 months. 'Why hasn't she done anything?'  There are too many questions in your head right now. You sorted out the papers and put them back on the counter.

 There's plenty of time to deal with this tomorrow. You locked all of the doors and double checked they were locked. If Umma came back, you WERE NOT going to let her in. If she decided to leave, then she can stay out. She obviously wants nothing to do with her own daughters, so why should you care? For all you cared, she could be sleeping in a box. Stupid doesn't know what's she's ealing with. She may have her reasons for leaving, but no reason will be good enough.

 Thank gosh you didn't have school for a while. Today was the last day of school. Of course, until next school year came around. You went to bed and hoped the situation could be resolved soon. Hopefully, without bad consequences.