Chapter Four. Fish and Coffee

The Moment I Said "Yes I Do?"

 

Just like any normal weekdays, YoonHee would take the train to the campus but today is somewhat different. She is on her own with earphones stuffed to her ears and a novel on her hands, giving her best concentration to the story until she felt someone is sitting next to her. She stole a glance to see the passenger next to her and to her surprise it was JiEun’s cousin, the guy she met at the library named JinYoung.

“Omo~! YoonHee-shi?” JinYoung sounded thrilled to bump into YoonHee in the comuter. “JinYoung-shi?”

“Deh~ that’s me~! I didn’t know you live somewhere around this area too” JinYoung said happily followed by a smile. YoonHee did not say a word but just smiled. They both remained quiet until they reached the right station.

“You have class now?” JinYoung asked while looking at his light blue wrist watch that shows it’s already nine in the morning.

“I have class at eleven. Why?”

“Let’s have coffee together~!” he suggested and he got one charming smile to offer.

“I-I already have my breakfast” YoonHee tried to explain but JinYoung already seized her wrist.

“Well I haven’t~ Accompany me please? I promise I won’t take long” he began to pout, making a lost puppy face.

“Aish… jinjja… arrasseo… just this once okay?” YoonHee lost to JinYoung’s aegyo.

“Kaja~”

“Yeah. You can let go of me now. I promise I won’t run away” YoonHee said sheepishly without making any eye contact with him.

“Mwo? OMO~!!! MIANHAE~!!! MIAN~!!!! CHEOSEONGHAEYO~!!!” He was surprised. He bowed several times with blushing cheeks, disregarding the people around them.

“JinYoung-sshi. People are looking” YoonHee mumbled. To be quite honest, she finds this rather embarrassing and this is the first time she ever walk with another guy, other than JungHwan.

Omo… why is my heart beating fast like this?

 

---

 

“Ding Dong~ Ding Dong~”

Aish… who could it be?

JinYoung walked lazily towards the intercom screen and to his surprise, it was HyunA. He then pressed a button to let her in. The door flungs open and he could already smell her perfume, that sweet smell.

“Jagiya~ I miss you” She said as she wrapped her arms around him. “Boy you stink” she said before placing a kiss on his left cheek. He did not say a word but letting her do what she pleased. “Why didn’t that girl tell you to go shower?” she asked.

“Hyun… let’s not bring this up. Anyway, why didn’t you call me first before coming here?” JungHwan slumped himself on the couch with the TV remote on his hand, he lowered down the volume instead of switching it off before turning his face to HyunA who was sitting next to him.

“You did?” JungHwan asked. He shot up and went t his bedroom to look for his mobile phone. Once he found it, the phone has been set on silent since yesterday before class.

“Arrgh. Mianhae Hyunnie. I didn’t know it was on silent” He sat back down next to HyunA with his eyes glued to the screen of his phone.

“So what’s your plan for today?” HyunA asked, she leaned against JungHwan’s chest once JungHwan sat back down. She glance over her boyfriend’s phone to see what is he seeing.

“Hmm… I don’t have class until the afternoon. I guess I’m not going anywhere. Why?”

“I’m hungry” HyunA pouts.

“What? My baby hasn’t eaten yet?”

“Well duh~ I haven’t. Let’s eat. I’m starving”

“Okay. Give me 10 minutes to get ready”

“10 is too long… unless I come with you”

“Baby, sorry. It’s not the right place”

“Well, she’s not here isn’t she?”

“Still… I don’t have the guts to –

HyunA stole a kiss from him. She couldn’t bare it when JungHwan is being nice to YoonHee when clearly JungHwan is her boyfriend. Not anyone else’s or everybody’s.

“Just be quick” she broke the kiss and turn her back on him.

“Mianhae…”  JungHwan apologized before he went for a quick shower.

 

---

“You’re not eating anything? Just tea??” JinYoung asked with his mouth full of food which has made YoonHee chuckled politely.

“I already had my breakfast at home” YoonHee explain.

JinYoung has dragged YoonHee to join him for breakfast at a fancy bistro in town near the campus. JinYoung had American Breakfast while YooHee ordered for Earl Grey tea.

“Your mum made you breakfast huh?” JinYoung asked again.

Aish this kid… I never know he’s quite talkative… and cute, especially when he had his mouth full. OMO! I did not called him cute~!

“Oh my parents passed away when I was still litte” YoonHee explained coolly, somehow, she doesn’t go teary when talking about her parents because she can hardly remember them. They’ve gone when YoonHee was still little.

“Mianhaeyo. Aish… I shouldn’t have asked. Mianhae….”

“Aniyo~! Nan gwaenchanayo!” YoonHee smiled.

JinYoung stood up after he wiped his mouth with a maroon coloured napkin.

“Kaja~!” he said.

“Gomawoyo” YoonHee thanked JinYoung for the tea treat.

“It’s only a cup of tea”.

As both of JinYoung and YoonHee about to headed out from the bistro, they’ve bumped into HyunA and JungHwan, both are linking hands. JungHwan gone wide eyed to see his wife at the bistro but he did not say anything.

“Oh look~ It’s Kim YoonHee having her breakfast with HER boyfriend” HyunA said sarcastically with one cheeky smile on her face.

Oh crap… JungHwan thought.

“Aniyo, HyunA-sshi. He’s my friend. We have to go now. Hope you’ll have a great breakfast with your boyfriend” YoonHee gave an honest smile at them both in before getting out from the bistro. Not even the slightest YoonHee is affected by what HyunA has just said.

“What’s up with her? Why do smell fishy just now?” JinYoung asked as he managed to catch up with YoonHee.

“Fishy? I couldn’t smell anything fishy except for the smell of Coffee, HyunA’s perfume and JungHwan’s” YoonHee chuckled.

“Not that. I mean, I don’t think HyunA is being nice especially in that tone” JinYoung tend to wonder a little more.

“Let them be~ HyunA is funny like that”