Chapter Two. Greetings.

The Moment I Said "Yes I Do?"

 

He stared at me. I stared at him with blank expression. We’re on our way to the university and the best thing is that we’re sitting opposite to each other in the train. None of us said a word, just the look on our faces may tells how we both feel but don’t get me wrong there, so far I am not emotionally attached to him, just the law that made me ended up with him. Personally I think that arranged marriage is silly and selfish.

I’m married for two weeks now, but nothing happen, thank goodness. Right after the wedding reception, we went back to our new apartment, bought by my harabeoji, and technically we don’t sleep together, nor said a word to each other.  Anyhow, thank God that harabeoji chose someone of my own age. He happens to be harabeoji’s business partner’s son and his name is Lee JungHwan. He is a tall guy with baby face feature and dark coloured hair… kinda cute though but I was still upset and shocked about me getting married all the sudden. I really don’t know why harabeoji would do this to me, I mean, all this while I’ve been following his orders carefully but why would he wants me to get married at such young age?

“JungHwan-ah~!” said voice in surprise. I turned to my right and found his friend stood while holding onto a metal bar near the door with a beaming shocking type of smile on his face. I recognize him because all of us go to the same university but of course, he doesn’t know me since we are not from the same department.

He casually took a seat next to him; of course he would expect that JungHwan is on his own. Well, he supposed to expect that because… no one knows about our marriage yet and we ought to keep it as a secret.

“Yah~ Lee JungHwan! What are you doing here? I thought you don’t use this way to go to the campus?” DongWoo asked. Before he answered, he took a glimpse of me and said “Well, I was at my cousin’s last night so yeah, I’ll be using this for a short while” replied JungHwan coolly.

“Omo, wae?” DongWoo asked again.

“He lives on his own and there is a spare room at his apartment so why not?” he grinned

And the next thing I know, it’s the time for all us to get off from the train. I saw JungHwan giving me a tight-lipped smile when DongWoo stood up getting ready to hop off, just before we parted our ways.

After getting off from the train, I wander around the town. To be honest, I don’t really have any classes until the noon and I don’t like staying on my own during the day inside the apartment. Life now days are too gloomy for me.

---

I was all alone at the library; I did some advance study for the next couple of classes. The library was nice and cool as well as comfy.

“YoonHee-ah~! Someone gave this to you” JiEun sat next to me as he gave me a big piece of sketch paper which has a drawing of me on it. JiEun is my only friend and I know her from the very first day of college. She was the first one to say hi to me. Maybe because I sat next to her in the hall during the orientation session.

“Omo… yeppeuda~!” I complimented as I looked at the sketch.

“Who gave this by the way?” I asked. JiEun’s index then pointed to a guy sitting at the far end of the library by the window with earphones stuffed in both of his ears.

“What’s his name?” I asked again. This is the very first time that some guy other than my harabeoji, has ever gave me something and to be quite honest, I am chuffed by this.

“That’s for you to find out” JiEun said as she let out one cheeky smile to me. I rolled my eyes, showing that I am not interested but then she stood up and dragged me by my left arm.

“Yah~! Yah~! Ige mwoya???” I hissed but she just let out one faint childish laugh as she dragged me towards the guy and pushed me towards him once we reached there.

“AIGOO~! KKAMJJAGIYA!” He blurted out with both of his hands on his chest because I startled him with my sudden presence. Like feet glued to the floor, I could not do anything other than stood still.

“Mi-mianhae” I apologized. I thought that he’ll scold me but I guess I was wrong; instead he was smiling and reassure me that he is alright “Nan gwaenchanayo”. Before getting back to what he is doing, I interrupted once again, “Yogiyo, is this yours?” I asked as I showed him the paper with a sketch of my face smiling from the side. Eyes widen, he slowly lifted his index finger pointing at the picture and look on his table and back to the picture.

“Wh-where did you get that?” I stammered.

“JiEun gave this to me. She said that someone gave this to me. The drawing is beautiful” I told his exactly what she said as well as giving him a compliment. I looked across the room, the place I was sitting before, JiEun was on my seat, eyes squinted and her face was beaming with a wide smile as she was waving at both of us.

“Aish. That kid!” the guy grunted.

“You know her?” I asked.

“Yeah, she’s my cousin and I can’t believe she stole this from me. That sly fox!”

“Mianhae… you can have this back” I placed the drawing on the library table and push it towards him.

“Aniyo, you can have it” he pushed it back to me.

“Jinjja?”

“Yeh” he nodded. He leaned forwards towards the table with his arms folded on his chest and his face was carved with a simple smile which shows some kind of satisfaction.

“I’m JinYoung by the way” he introduced himself, he had his right hand out.

Slowly and awkwardly, I shook his and said “I-I am YoonHee”