Discussion

Mute

A silence was in the dorm, 11 of the members which were there staring at Kyuhyun's door weren't sure what to do. If only Siwon was there. The ignorance of their maknae's so-called  'habits' had finally gotten to them. Yes, they did notice how strange it was, and yes, they even knew that it wasn't normal for any person's standards. But they ignored it, they pretended it was something which was common. Now though, it was time to face facts. Lingering at the back of each and very one of their minds, the Super Junior members already knew. It wasn't normal, and they shouldn't have pretended it was. Something was going on, they all knew that, but nobody was brave enough to speak of it.

"I... I think we need to have a serious discussion about this." Leeteuk muttered, the rest looked up from their various areas. Every single one of the members knew what Leeteuk was talking about, but weren't sure whether to acknowledge it.

"...About what?" Heechul questioned, acting as if he didn't know. From the deathly silence in the room, Heechul guessed that no one was going to speak out, so he decided to say something. Leeteuk turned to Heechul, eyes meeting. The leader knew what Heechul was doing, which to him, was creating as base for the following conversation. They had to rid the ignorance before acknowledging anything.

"Kyuhyun. It's time to face facts and realise, this isn't it. This really isn't it." Leeteuk replied, the words driving into all the Super Junior members. The words rang through their ears. Eunhyuk gulped, shaking his head lightly. Action should have been taken long ago, way before the incident at hand. 

"It's not normal. Habits, fears, or whatever else, this isn't common." Sungmin added, voice somewhat hoarse. He spoke truth, but the words were cold none the less. It burned.

"I know." Ryeowook murmured, hesitant to say anything at all. In his head were simply thoughts, flashbacks and memories of Kyuhyun. Ryeowook remembered the odd way Kyuhyun reacted to certain situations, what he was scared of and what he never feared. Seeing the distress in Ryeowook's eyes, Hankyung gave him a light pat on the back, reassuring the other maknae it wasn't his fault.

"We all did." Yesung spoke, his words hitting each Super Junior member right in the heart. It was true, they did all know. And they never did anything.

"Why... Why haven't we talked about this before? Are we so weak that we can't even-" Donghae was cut off from his rant, Kibum giving him a sharp stare. The maknae stared for a couple seconds before turning down to look at the floor.

"No one's to blame." Kibum uttered simply, soothing everyone including himself.

"Kyuhyun has a fear of being touched, he flinches when there's a loud sound, and his body is covered in scars." Kangin said, everything in his sentence known except for the last part. His body is covered in scars.

"It is??" Asked Leeteuk in shock, genuinely pained by those words. Kangin shrugged.

"I can't say I've seen them myself, except for the ones along his forearm and hand, but I suspect they're there. The way he's so careful with his body, and how he wears long sleeved shirts despite the weather. There has to be a reason for all of that." Kangin stated, causing a realisation among the others. After they pretended not to know that it was strange, they never bothered considering the facts.

"There is a reason, but none of us were able to find out. Honestly, I've looked in Kyuhyun's room when he's gone to see if there's an answer, but there's nothing but dust." Kibum continued, catching the others' attention.

"Isn't there anything even remotely strange about Kyuhyun's room?" Questioned Eunhyuk, curious. Kibum's eyes focused to the ceiling, trying to remember what he saw last time.

"Well, there are some weird things. He doesn't have a picture of his parents anywhere, just his older sister. His closet is only filled with long sleeved shirts, and there is a bottle of sleeping pills in his draw." Kibum replied, trying to recall every detail from the last time he had gone into Kyuhyun's room. It was about 6 months ago.

"Cho Ahra." Ryeowook whispered to himself, the others turned.

"Hm?" They hummed in union, wanting Ryeowook to go on as it seemed that he knew something.

"Kyuhyun's sister, Cho Ahra. He always talks about her when he's drunk, and in his sleep. Kyuhyun always says she's the prettiest and the nicest sister anyone could have. Though, he's never spoken about his parents." Ryeowook muttered in a defeated way, unsure of how to act in such a serious situation that had been ignored since the first meeting of Kyuhyun.

"Come to think of it, we've never actually seen Kyuhyun's parents. They just..." Shindong trailed off, not really certain that he had any information to add. Sungmin bit his lip.

"They were never there." Yesung whispered through the unearthly silence. Nothing seemed right.

"Why?" Donghae asked, knowing that nobody knew the actual answer, but wanting to see if a miracle may have happened at that moment. That's how badly they needed it.

"...Don't know. We never asked. But then again, I don't think Kyuhyun would tell us either." Sungmin murmured, hesitant yet certain with his words. Leeteuk looked up, nodding at the other before looking back down.

"He won't. I tried asking him, multiple times, but he never replies. Kyuhyun just keeps saying it doesn't matter." Leeteuk spoke, voice shaking just slightly. The others gave a curious and concerned look.

"It doesn't matter?" Yesung asked, his fists being balled up until his knuckles began turning white. He wasn't the only one. Leeteuk simply nodded, thinking back to the past.

"What questions have you asked?" Kibum questioned, Leeteuk felt his body shake just slightly.

"I asked him, 'How are your parents doing?', 'What do your parents do?', and even, 'When was the last time you've seen your parents?'. Each time, Kyuhyun just replies it doesn't matter." Leeteuk told the group, causing the clear worry they had previously to increase. Heechul hated the atmosphere.

"Should we ask Kyuhyun directly?" Kangin then asked, wanting to know. Leeteuk stared at the other, giving an unapproving glance.

"He won't tell us anything." Eunhyuk replied, Sungmin bit his lower lip.

"...Could we contact his older sister?" Ryeowook questioned, the words causing interest to stir within the others. Perhaps it would have been a better idea to talk to Cho Ahra rather than Cho Kyuhyun, despite the fact they never met.

"How?" The others asked in union, causing the maknae to look down and think intensely.

"Well, we could use Kyuhyun's phone when he's busy in the bathroom." Donghae suggested, the others thought for a second.

"Kyuhyun's phone is right there." Heechul then stated out loud, wondering if they were pretending they couldn't see it as well. A hesitant look was passed around the room, unsure of what to do.

"He didn't take it with him." Leeteuk whispered, a silence slowly crept in until Eunhyuk stood up.

"...Should we?" Asked Kangin, watching Eunhyuk quietly pick up the phone from the counter. He turned it on, looking through the list of contacts Kyuhyun had. As he scanned them, his eyes widened.

"What is it?" Shindong questioned, the look on Eunhyuk's face causing him worry. Eunhyuk's eyes never left the phone, before suddenly, looking up in a somewhat concerned and bemused way.

"Other than us and the SM family, Kyuhyun only had his sister's number."

----------------------------------------------------------------

How can I be so bad at using a new laptop? I press a button accidentally, and go back a page on the internet... go forward to the fanfic I was writing, half of it is gone. When you do this over four times, you know something is wrong with you. -_-' Anyway, how was the chapter?~ ^^