First Touch

Mute

Siwon and Kyuhyun walked in the hall together in silence. Their hands were inches away from each other, not touching. There was an awkward silence which was created after the incident that happened in the dorm. Kyuhyun felt a stab of guilt in his heart. In some way, he had hurt Siwon. He couldn't do anything about it though, there was fear swimming through all his thoughts. The past was haunting. The present was frightening. The future was teasing.

Kyuhyun never felt safe.

Nothing in Kyuhyun's life had seemed to go right at all until he joined Super Junior. Yet, even then, life was playing tricks on him. Every second of the never-ending day, he couldn't forget anything. What Kyuhyun wished to remember was slowly thrown from his brain, erasing all those precious memories he had shared. What Kyuhyun wished to forget about lingered softly, constantly singing a haunting yet obsessive note. It really wasn’t fair.

Siwon on the other hand did not notice it. He was looking through his thoughts, trying to find the courage to say something. He was definitely too uncomfortable with the awkwardness. Truthfully, he wasn't usually awkward with Kyuhyun. They were close, or at least, to a point. They just couldn't touch or anything. It wasn't allowed. All the Super Junior members knew that Kyuhyun was afraid of being touched. Even a graze would cause him to pull his body away quickly in a state of panic. Kyuhyun never bothered to tell the other Super Junior members why he acted in such a way, and the other Super Junior members didn't have the nerve to ask. Siwon always wanted to ask the maknae, but he was just too nervous and afraid of upsetting the other.

A rush came to Siwon all of a sudden. For no reason at all, something told him to ask the question. Siwon was unsure though. In some way, Kyuhyun might have become uncomfortable. With a slightly strained sigh, Siwon decided he should speak. It was only a question. It couldn't possibly have caused any harm, right?

"Kyuhyun-ah." Siwon spoke was Kyuhyun turned his head.

"Yes?" Kyuhyun replied.

"Why..." All of a sudden, Siwon started to hesitate. Perhaps listening to his brain wasn’t the best idea ever. Instincts are first.

"Why what?" Kyuhyun asked, wanting Siwon to go on.

"Why are you scared of being touched?" Siwon asked, tossing away the hesitance he held before.

Kyuhyun suddenly stopped walking in his tracks, staying as still as a statue. Kyuhyun's dark hair gently fell down over his almond shaped eyes. The shape which was plastered onto Kyuhyun's lips disappeared altogether. Siwon was now unable to tell what Kyuhyun's current emotion was. Siwon was all of a sudden overwhelmed with a large amount of regret. This was the reason why no-one in Super Junior bothered asking anymore. They did ask, just once, a long time ago.

The exact same thing happened then as it did now.

Kyuhyun himself didn't know what to say. Why did he act in such a weak manner? Memories and thoughts flooded Kyuhyun's head like water in a clogged sink. Things he wished to never think of again in his life suddenly came into his brain, pulsing and pulsing. Unable to think of anything beside a numbing and torturous pain which suddenly came with his thoughts, Kyuhyun muttered a single word.

"...Family..." Kyuhyun muttered weakly. It was barely audible.

"Huh?" Siwon spoke, not understanding Kyuhyun's words.

"I..." Kyuhyun didn't want to answer. A huge amount of anxiety overwhelmed him at that moment.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want too." Siwon quickly spoke, trying to clear the question. He noticed how uncomfortable the maknae was.

Kyuhyun gave Siwon a thankful smile. Siwon seemed to understand it was a difficult question for Kyuhyun to answer. A grateful feeling soon filled Kyuhyun’s hollowed out heart.

"One day, I'll tell you." Kyuhyun whispered silently.

"When is that?" Siwon asked as Kyuhyun smiled childishly.

"I don't know. It will happen though, just not now." Kyuhyun smiled, soon forgetting the pain in his head.

"That seems far away." Siwon sighed slightly as Kyuhyun laughed.

"Some secrets just aren't meant to be told." Kyuhyun stated.

"Huh? What does that mean?" Siwon asked.

"It means what it means." Kyuhyun replied.

"Really... you and your funny ways..." Siwon muttered.

"I've been like this for a while and yet you're only commenting on it now." Kyuhyun smiled slightly.

"I guess I am." Siwon replied.

-----------------------------------------------

Chapter three... XD