Prologue

Mute

Kyuhyun had a secret. That may mean nothing now, but just wait until you hear the rest of it. Now, all people have secrets. I don't think that even a single person on Earth has no secrets what so ever. Kyuhyun's secret was different from other people's secrets though. Most secrets would just simply embarrass somebody if people if found out. Kyuhyun's type of secret would change his entire life. His secret would wreck him, kill him and break down everything he had built up from the nothingness he let people see. It would hurt Kyuhyun and people around him. Destroy him on both the inside and out, over and over again. Actually, forget what was just said.

Kyuhyun was already destroyed.

The other Super Junior members always noticed the way Kyuhyun acted ever since he joined Super Junior. They saw the way he was. Most of them just assumed Kyuhyun was just like that. A habit. A personal way of acting even. They didn't think much of it. They thought that they were just Kyuhyun's little habits. Although the way Kyuhyun acted as a little odd, they considered it 'normal'. They never thought there was a reason behind the way he behaved. They never thought that inside their maknae, there was something lurking. Honestly, they never thought that Kyuhyun acted any different to any other person.

How could they not notice?

Whenever somebody raised their voice to shout, yell or scold, Kyuhyun would flinch instinctively. But everyone found that normal. Even if the person who was being yelled at or scolded wasn't Kyuhyun himself, they would always see him cower slightly, unconsciously. Honestly, the Super Junior members could see some sort of fear in his eyes. Nobody knew why though, and nobody ever bothered asking about it. Whatever the cause of it, Kyuhyun would seem scared. And because of this, everybody tried not to shout in front of Kyuhyun. But when they did, Kyuhyun would often call up Changmin and go to DBSK's dorm.

The members didn't know why Kyuhyun did this, and nobody wanted to ask. When Kyuhyun was getting shouted at, he looked so frightened. As if he were expecting something bad to happen right after. Kyuhyun simply had an air of sadness around him, they all kept that thought in their minds. Thus, the members never yelled at Kyuhyun. If they did, they'd face the wrath of the manager and Siwon.

Was it really that normal? Did the Super Junior members really have no suspicion?

Why was Kyuhyun the way he was?

Also, for some odd reason, Kyuhyun seemed to be scared of body contact. The act of having one self be touched by another. Kyuhyun often panicked when someone touched him. Placing a hand on his back gently, it was enough to make the maknae’s breath quicken. Even if it was only a small graze of their hands together, Kyuhyun quickly drew his hand away with an expression of panic followed by relief. The slightest touch frightened Kyuhyun. It was like he was protecting himself from something. As if he were afraid of some sort of pain. The Super Junior members found it a little strange, they always admitted that. But they didn't ask or comment about the topic, they had decided that it wasn't their business. Since Kyuhyun had acted in such a since they first met, they never saw it as 'different' or 'unusual'.

They didn’t know what he was like before though, they assumed it was just Kyuhyun being Kyuhyun. Although each of them did often wonder about it, but never spoke it aloud.

They never asked Kyuhyun himself.

Kyuhyun had also never shown his body to the other Super Junior members and anybody else. The Super Junior members had never seen Kyuhyun's chest or back for that matter. Not while changing and not while showering. Now, they all did know that Kyuhyun had a ‘normal’ body. They always wondered why he didn't want to show it though. There was nothing wrong with it. Whenever they tried to ask Kyuhyun or see, Kyuhyun would manage to escape the tight situation. The only person that had seen Kyuhyun without his shirt on was probably Changmin, and that was an accident. Changmin walked on Kyuhyun while he was changing. When Changmin came out of Kyuhyun's room, his face seemed to be somewhat pale. It were as if he were about to faint at any second. When they tried to ask Changmin, Changmin said he promised that he wouldn't tell anyone.

Kyuhyun was glad that Changmin didn't tell anyone what he saw.

------------------------------------------------------

DBSK had come to Super Junior's dorm to visit. They enjoyed each other's company.

"Where's Kyuhyun?" Changmin asked.

"Oh, he's in his room." Leeteuk replied.

"What's he doing?" Changmin questioned, Leeteuk turned behind him as he didn’t actually know.

"He's just changing his clothes." Donghae spoke.

"Thanks." Changmin said as he walked to Kyuhyun's room.

Changmin considered himself close to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun also considered himself close to Changmin. Thus, Changmin didn't think he was required to knock at all. Kyuhyun knew Changmin was going to visit anyway. Without any hesitance what so ever, Changmin opened the door to Kyuhyun's room and peaked inside.

Once he was the sight on the inside, his jaw dropped to the ground. Kyuhyun was standing there shirtless. Sadly, it wasn't just that. Yes, Kyuhyun's stomach was somewhat ‘flat’, but there was more. On Kyuhyun's chest, there was a faded scar. As if it was somehow made by some sort of knife. There was also other little cuts on Kyuhyun's flesh which seemed to be made recently. The marks and scars decorated his pale skin. On Kyuhyun's back, there was a large bruise. It was dark and purple. It must have hurt a lot when he gained that bruise. Not to mention the other blemishes on other parts of his skin.


Kyuhyun stared in fear and panic, eyes widening when he realised the presence of the other. He didn't want anyone to know what was covering his skin. Even though he was close to Changmin, he didn't want anyone to find out. Kyuhyun didn't want people to see the ugly and hideous things which decorated his body. Not Changmin, not anyone else.

"C-Changmin." Kyuhyun stuttered.

"Kyuhyun-ah. What's with these scars? What's going on? Since when-" Changmin was cut off from his questions as Kyuhyun spoke.

"I-I'll explain everything. Just don't tell anyone." Kyuhyun muttered. Changmin sensed and heard the desperate cry.

"Tell me, what happened?" Changmin spoke as Kyuhyun was silent for the moment.

"Hmm... Where should I start?" Kyuhyun asked.

"From the beginning." Changmin replied. Kyuhyun let out a sad yet cynical laugh.

"The beginning. That was a long time ago. Even before I could remember." Kyuhyun smiled sadly.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Changmin asked, not understanding Kyuhyun's words.

"The beginning. The first time I ever received a scar like this was way back. Before I could talk or even remember what was happening." Kyuhyun spoke with a ring of sadness.


"What? How can that be?" Changmin asked again.

"My parents... My family... I didn't grow up in the best environment." Kyuhyun replied with a fored smile, slowly collapsing onto itself.

"Tell me everything." Changmin spoke.


-----------------------------------------------------------

Finally, this chapter is up... ^^