Truth

Mute

Kyuhyun opened his eyes, finally waking up. What time was it now? He stared at the clock, it had been 2 hours. Kyuhyun groaned silently, moving his aching body after a couple seconds. The cuts had finally dried, the blackened blood holding his flesh together. His eyes fell downwards, he stains on his blanket was clearly visible. Kyuhyun bit his lip, then shaking his head. It didn't matter, nobody went inside his room anyway. He'd wash the sheets later. Somehow, with faltering strength, Kyuhyun managed to sit up from his bed, eyes squinting at the sudden jolt of pain in his arm. Must have been the bruise he received a couple days ago. Or was it a week ago? He was stuck in thought, but luckily, someone brought him back to reality.

"Kyuhyun? Are you awake? You've missed dinner!" Exclaimed a voice on the other side of the door, probably Eunhyuk. At the moment, the maknae was only clearly able to hear his heartbeat. Kyuhyun then heard his stomach growl, but the maknae didn't pay much mind to it. His body was hideous, scarred beyond belief. At the very least, Kyuhyun would always think to himself, he had to be thin.

The thinner, the better.

"I'm not hungry." Kyuhyun replied somewhat loudly, trying not to let out the fact that all his muscles were tense and shaking. Silently, the maknae pushed himself to the side of the bed before standing up, walking to the closet to find a shirt. A long-sleeved shirt. Kyuhyun now tended to were shirts which were one or two sizes larger than him, just so the clothes wouldn't rub against his skin too much and to hide his nightly activities. Kyuhyun hissed after feeling other pain in his lower thigh. Why did the bruises have to have such horrid effects?

"Hm, are you sure? Hankyung hyung made his Beijing fried rice." Eunhyuk said, Kyuhyun felt his mouth water just a bit with the mentioning of the food. But quickly after, Kyuhyun swallowed, sighing to himself.

"I-I'll eat when I feel hungry Hyung. Don't worry about me, I just had a nap." Kyuhyun replied with an accidental stutter, body tensing when realising the simple mistake he had made. Perhaps it was because he stated a lie that didn't have to be told, but then again, Kyuhyun did that all the time. He walked towards the door, not bothering to open it and laying his head on the surface. Sometimes, Kyuhyun felt as he wasn't meant to be there.

"Well... if you're sure." Eunhyuk muttered in a worried tone, Kyuhyun lifted his head off the door. He didn't want Eunhyuk to become suspicious of anything, he wanted to give the impression that everything was fine. Silently, the maknae opened the door and gave a grin. Kyuhyun's cheeks were numb, but he didn't care. It didn't matter. As long as nobody knew of the past he was trying to escape from, then Kyuhyun was willing to pretend.

"I'm fine hyung, don't worry about it." Kyuhyun smiled, and as soon as Eunhyuk saw that, all his doubts washed away. Eunhyuk gave a nod, walking into the lounge room while Kyuhyun decided to sit on the seat by the kitchen counter.

"Hungry?" Hankyung asked the maknae, taking off the apron which he was wearing. Kyuhyun gave another smile, shaking his head.

"Not yet, I just woke up. Wait an hour or something, and I'll be back." Kyuhyun joked slightly, Hankyung smiled back at him. At times like that, Kyuhyun did feel normal, but only for a while.

"Alright, the microwave is right there." Hankyung stated, Kyuhyun scoffed at those words. He felt his body beginning to ache in certain places, but Kyuhyun didn't show the pain on his face. Over time, the maknae had learned to make it seem like nothing was wrong.

"It's always there, isn't it?" Kyuhyun retorted with happiness dripping off his words, Hankyung nodded.

"Of course. Want some water? Juice? Or alcohol?" Hankyung questioned in a joking manner, Kyuhyun grinned. He always did feel happy with his hyungs, but to an extent. The happiness was accompanied by anxiety of being found out.

"Water thanks." Kyuhyun said. Purposely, Hankyung poured the cup of water and put it far away from the maknae's hands, just to a little. Kyuhyun smiled at the action, rolling his eyes and reaching out for it. Little did Kyuhyun realise though, the sleeve crawled up his arm, revealing the scars. Leeteuk turned his head, eyes widening at what he saw.

"Kyuhyun..." Leeteuk muttered as Kyuhyun picked up his cup, sipping the water lightly. The sleeve then fell to the middle of his forearm, showing even more. Leeteuk was shocked at the amount of blemishes on his skin.

"Yes?" Kyuhyun replied, unaware of the clear and plain sight. The leader hesitated for a second.

"Where did you get that scar?" Leeteuk asked. Kyuhyun's eyes widened suddenly. He dropped the cup of water to the ground and covered the scar with his other hand. The glass smashed into tiny little pieces. There was when everything began.

Kyuhyun turned his head and saw the sudden attention to drew to himself. Kyuhyun cursed mentally, he didn't mean to draw this unwanted attention. He didn't mean to freak out like that all of a sudden. The question itself made Kyuhyun jump slightly. He cursed once again at the fact he acted in such a strange and weird way.

"K-Kyuhyun-ah?" Kangin's voice seemed to become softer. They noticed how panicked Kyuhyun had suddenly become. They saw anxiety rise like smoke in their maknae's eyes.

"... Kyuhyun-ah, are you alright?" Donghae asked cautiously, becoming the caring hyung he was. Not once had he ever seen Kyuhyun have such a fearful look in his eyes.

"...I-I'm fine." Kyuhyun spoke in a stutter, squatting down onto the floor to collect the glass which had just shattered. The members were worried about Kyuhyun's behaviour. Although, yes, he knew Kyuhyun's strange fears and habits, he hadn't ever viewed Kyuhyun in such a way.

"Where did you get that scar? I'll go get a first aid kit." Ryeowook said, running into the bathroom to look for bandages, ointment and other things to help heal the wound.

"..." Kyuhyun was simply silent for a second, still picking up the shattered pieces of glass which laid on the floor. Kyuhyun grit his teeth slightly, he knew he should have done something about it. Perhaps he should have taken more precautions and wrapped his injuries so it wasn't too suspicious, or even wear gloves which went all the way to his elbow.

"Kyuhyun, where did that scar come from?" Heechul asked. Despite now often showing it, he still cared for the maknae as much as everyone else did. Or perhaps, even a little more.

"... I don't know." Kyuhyun answered in a monotone. He tried to avoid eye contact. The situation was making him uncomfortable. Kyuhyun couldn't help but feel a sense of relief, Siwon wasn't there to witness it. With that thought, Kyuhyun's eyes widened. Why was he thinking of Siwon all of a sudden?

"Don't lie to us. The scar couldn't have just appeared out of nowhere." Hankyung spoke in a somewhat fatherly tone.

"Kyuhyun-ah, just tell us. It's not like we're the paparazzi or anything." Shindong spoke, momentarily taking his attention span away from Hankyung's currently burning food. Hankyung had just begun to warm up his fried rice again for Kyuhyun, just because he felt that the maknae might have changed his mind.

"I-It was just an accident with a knife. Nothing more." Kyuhyun finally finished picking up all the pieces of the glass and placed them in the bin, the silence seemed to swallow him whole. Kyuhyun stared down, noticing a little blood on his finger, but didn't care too much about it.

"An accident? What happened?" Kibum asked. Kyuhyun didn't want to go any further with the current discussion. As much as he could, Kyuhyun wanted to avoid the topic at hand.

"I just cut myself. I was being stupid." Kyuhyun spoke in a rather rushed manner as he slowly stepped away from his hyungs, looking back to see he was close to his room.

"Really? Are you sure?" They asked in union. Kyuhyun's eyes were telling them a lot more than his words. Were those tears in Kyuhyun's eyes? His eyes had become reddened, and there was something suspicious with the way they constantly looked to the ground.

"I've got the first aid kit." Ryeowook stated, returning from the bathroom. Kyuhyun simply shook hsi head.

"I don't need it. The cuts will heal by themselves." Kyuhyun spoke, causing their eyes to widen. How could their maknae take such injuries and act as if they were nothing?

"What?" They asked in union, the maknae forced another smile.

"Really... it's fine..." Kyuhyun muttered as he left and ran into his room.

Kyuhyun slammed the door shut and felt his head spin... why? He crouched down with his back to the wall, hands quickly wiping away the tears which had begun to form. Kyuhyun didn’t want it to be like this. If they found out, his entire life could have been destroyed. If they found out, bad things would have been sure to follow. He was so close to being discovered. If it went on, the Super Junior hyungs were sure to force Kyuhyun to reveal it all. He sighed.

 The truth wasn’t meant to be told.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... What's happening... What do you guys think? Enjoy it?~ ^^