- - c h a p t e r 2 2 - -

Exo High

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h    2   2  - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Sehun plopped on the empty seat beside him as lunchtime was almost over. Kyungsoo tried not to snap when he began giggling while running his thumb over his touch screen, which looked so much like he was texting someone. It wasn't fair to subject his irritation regarding Kris' infidelity at Sehun. Scratching the irritation off. he peered over Sehun's shoulder and saw Luhan's face on the top left hand corner while a very cheesy message was being typed.

"I'm in love with you like bubble tea? Really, Sehun?" Kyungsoo shook his head. His best friend, snapped from dreamy state and immediately held the phone close to his chest.

"Hey, you're not suppose to read!" Sehun whined, hitting Kyungsoo's upper arm repeatedly.

"You can't keep that a secret from me. Wait, you're dating my brother?!"

A shade of red coloured his face. "Y-yeah. We just went out a few times, ok? Don't worry, we haven't sleep together yet."

Kyungsoo's eyes rounded. "I don't need to know, Sehun."

"Do you think he'd bottom for me?" Sehun asked, eyes downcast, playing with the pen cap. "I've been giving it a lot of thought, you know."

This was impossible. Why was Sehun asking him these things? Kyungsoo blushed. "Sehun!"

"Oh, sorry." Sehun grinned. He scratched the back of his head. "I guess I'll just have to ask him then."

Envious was not enough a word to describe the feelings bubbling in him. Jealousy was rearing its head. Kyungsoo knew he shouldn't be jealous over his best friend's happiness, but this nagging feeling in his heart didn't want to go away. Silly, why are you complaining? He's happy now.  How he wished he find that happiness too.

"Kyungsoo, you've been frowning ever since we got back from lunch. Is something wrong?"

Of course, there was. But he didn't want to burden Sehun with this devastating news. It was his own battle to fight. The scene kept playing in his head like a broken recorder. And every time it was brought to the forefront of his mind, a stabbing pain pierced through his heart. Painful enough to cause him to tear.

Stupid, he isn't He had one thing to do. And it can't wait.

Meet me at the rooftop after school. Kyungsoo texted to Kris.

Why?

Important.

What is it?

I saw it.

You saw what?

Kyungsoo didn't bother to reply. He dialled and the other line was picked up almost immediately.

"Young master, how may I be of your assistance?"

"Get me the papers."

Once his butler acknowledged his request, he disconnected and slid his mobile into his pocket, ignoring the multiple vibrations. Kris was probably sweating it out, wondering why he wanted to meet up. Well, it was about time to turn the tables.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Time couldn't pass fast enough. When the last minute ticked by, the bells chimed throughout the school. It was his cue, he left a puzzled Sehun behind, promising to catch up with him later. Kyungsoo met Jongdae who stood outside of his family's car, one hand holding onto a clear file while the other rested at his side. Without wasting time, Kyungsoo took the file and said his thank you.

Kyungsoo almost jogged his way to the rooftop but slowed when he realised what he'd done. The moment the door flung open, Kyungsoo knew this was the right thing to do. As he stepped under the warm gaze of the sun, he was struck by how handsome the blonde haired boy whose hair fluttered under the hands of the playful breeze.

He was a second too late to mask his presence. Kris spun around, cold eyes connecting with his.

"Why do you wanna meet up?" Kris folded his arms over his chest. "What is it that is so important, Kyungsoo?"

He barked out a laughter that didn't reach his eyes. "Are you pretending now? You're really good at this game, aren't you?"

"Pretending about what?" Confusion was painted over his handsome feature. His eyebrows furrowed. "I won't know if you're talking in circles." He sighed.

Fury burnt in him at Kris' nonchalance. He didn't know if Kris really was clueless or pretending to be one. Whatever it was, for the first time, he didn't care. Balling his hands, Kyungsoo took the few steps till he was standing right where he wanted. Before the taller boy could utter even one word, Kyungsoo punched him in the face. Kris fell back from the blow.

"The hell was that for?!" Kris spat the blood from his cut lip. His face began to throb painfully as it started to swell. "Damn it, Kyungsoo! What the hell?!" He shot up and grabbed Kyungsoo by the collar, pulling him up forcefully till the latter was on tiptoes.

"I saw you kissing Suho, that's why!" Kyungsoo shouted in his face. He swung his left arm against the prison that was Kris' arm. The other boy immediately let him go, rubbing the sore spot that Kyungsoo had hit.

"W-What are you talking about?" 

"During lunch, I saw it all. How could you, Kris? How could you? All this behind my back over him?!" Kyungsoo blew out a frustrated breath, lips drawn into a thin line. "Does he know that you're married to me?" When he saw Kris paled, he sneered. "He doesn't, does he? What will he think of you once he knows? What if I tell him?"

Kris gulped audibly. His hands trembled even through clenched fists. "No, no, Kyungsoo, you don't understand. Let's talk this over. Please don't involve Suho."

"You care that much for him, huh?" Kyungsoo felt his eyes burn. So did his heart. "Do you take me for a fool? How could you just make out with another guy while still married to me? I'm your husband!"

"I know! I know! I love him." Kris retorted.

Hot tears rolled down his cheeks as the anger from within just blew its top. "Don't you have even the slightest feelings for me?" He bit his lower lips while waiting for an answer.

Kris just stared at him with his jaw grinding, as he tried to hold back his anger. Did he have feelings for Kyungsoo? He kept that question rolling in his head. Then, that hug from that day came rushing to him. And a warm feeling came over him but then Suho's face came into view in his mind.

"No, not even a bit."

"I should've known, but I still fell for you. I'm such an idiot!" Kyungsoo punched Kris' chest repeatedly as he sobbed. "I hate you! I hate you!"

Then the door flung open. Both of their eyes darted towards the newcomer. Kris gasped. And his blood grew cold. 

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

School was over since about half an hour ago and still no sight of Kris. He wondered where his boyfriend could be. He tried looking for him at their usual hangout. Library, no. Cafe, no. Garden, no. Then that would mean only one place left. The rooftop garden. The steps it took to reach the top stairs, seemed more dreadful than usual as his heart flipped uncomfortably, as though something just wasn't right. Suho quickly brushed it off.

He reached the top, hand on the handle of the door that led to the rooftop. Then he heard someone shouting. Should he interrupt? Well, technically, he wasn't really interrupting. He'll just take a peek first.

You care that much for him, huh? Do you take me for a fool? How could you just make out with another guy while still married to me? I'm your husband!

I know! I know! I love him.

Don't you have even the slightest feelings for me?

No, not even a bit.

A married lover's spat, but it sounded like two guys to him. It shouldn't have surprised him since they're no in the twenty first century but it did. The voice sounded so familiar, it was ringing in his ears. Kris? It couldn't be. He wasn't married. Eavesdropping won't get him to Kris, so taking a deep breath, he pushed the door open and was stunned at seeing his boyfriend there with another boy whose visage was a deep angry red with tears running down his cheeks.

Suho felt his hand shaking violently. The perfect world crumbled in front of his eyes. No, this can't be happening. This must be a bad dream. Someone wake him up! Please!

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

I hope you like this update. It's the showdown... finally it's here...