- - c h a p t e r 0 2 - -

Exo High

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h    0   2  - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

The normal chatters were reduced to silence as the teacher in front went on and on about Napoleon. No one was really interested in English literature except for one. Kyungsoo sat up straight, eyes focused on the teacher reading the text about talking animals and the meanings behind every phrase used. Even his best friend, who was sitting beside him, wasn't paying any attention. He was leaning on his propped elbow, doodling something in his notebook. Kyungsoo didn't bother to check, unnecessary distraction.

Sehun grumbled softly. He was sure Kuungsoo heard him but didn't really give a damn since he was busy paying attention. The notebook was full of   scribblings and doodlings. Notably, stickman figure witha big head and weird hair with the word "Luhan" written on top of it. Sehun kept stabbing the doodle as though it was some kind of voodoo doll. Anger was bubbling in him as he thought back to the coffee incident. Stupid guy! Luckily, Kyungsoo was there, or else, he would have punch the lights out of Luhan. Tuning out the class, he looked out of rhe window to where some other class was having physical education class. Sehun much preferred working up a sweat that sitting in class. Watching the class running around, he wondered what they were playing. An oblong ball sailed through the air, caught by a boy who ran like the speed of light. Another boy, taller with soft curls, ran after him and crashing into the thinner boy, sending both down onto the ground. Ouch, that must hurt.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 


"Baekhyun! Go!" Baekhyun heard his teammate shouting at him.

The sun bore down on him. Sweat trickled down his back as he ran across the field. When Mr. Yoo had split them into two, he couldn't believe his luck that Chanyeol would be in his oponent team. He could lunged into him wihtout any excuse.

Chanyeol tracked every movement of his best friend. Cheers from the girls watching by the fence didn't really register in his head. The game had five minutes left and both teams needed another touchdown to win. Baekhyun may be running at the speed of light but that didn't mean he was unbeatable. Not with Chanyeol on his tails. He ran on the left flank, intending to lunge into the slighter boy. Baekhyun seemed not to notice that Chanyeol was hot in his trail. He sped up, sidestepping one of his opponents, he lunged. The impact caused Baekhyun to fall flat against the earth with Chanyeol pressed against his back.

Baekhyun groaned. "I thought I was hit by a bull." Feeling Chanyeol plastered against his back, in all the right places, was making him uncomfortably aware of his raging hormones. A warm breath tickled the back of his neck causing him to shiver.

"I gotcha!" Chanyeol snickered, panting against his ear. "Now, give me the ball."

"Kiss my ." Baekhyun barked, trying his damnest to swat away Chanyeol's questing hands. Those hands wiggled between him and the ground trying to get hold of the ball. When Chanyeol's fingers brushed against his exposed navel, Baekhyun bit back a moan as his body reacted to the contact. God help me!

Chanyeol stopped trying to get the ball when the body below him shuddered. "Are you alright? I didn't hurt you, right?" He lifted himself off the boy and extended a hand to pull him up.

Baekhyun took the hand. "No." He said curtly.

Chanyeol brushed the grass off Baekhyun's front. He only realised he'd brushed off his private territory when the brunette cleared his throat.

"Oh, sorry. I was just..." Chanyeol couldn't stop the blush. "I didn't mean to..."

Baekhyun shrugged. He turned slightly and grinned. "Gotcha!" He ran away with ball.

Chanyeol slapped his forehead, rubbing his face. It was trick! He should have known!

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 


No one fights back and get away with it! Luhan gritted his teeth thinking about the boy that dared to even touch his shirt. Ignoring whatever the teacher was blabbering about, he turned to Jongin who had his blue earphones plugged into each ear, head nodding slightly.

"Jongin." Luhan whispered.

Jongin who was in his own world, soaking the jazz blasting into his eardrums. He nodded his head to the music. Nothing calmed him like music. He was itching to fight with someone, especially the guy who had tried to hurt his buddy.

Apparently, he didn't notice that Luhan was talking to him until the latter pulled out his right earphone and hissed in his ear.

"I'm talking to you!" Luhan hissed in frustration.

Jongin tilted his head slightly, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"I have plan."

"Yeah? Like what?"

Luhan smirked. He leaned towards his best friend, sharing the plan that had sprouted in his head.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Students roamed around the school with their cliques, enjoying their lunch. Kyungsoo sat at his usual spot at the fountain which was surrounded by the greenery. His cook, had argued about him cooking his own lunch but he had always ignored Yixing's disapprovals. Today, he made sushi. Pulling the knots of the Japanese flowery patterned cloth, he separated the two lunch boxes. One for Sehun and the other for himself. Sehun said he'd be joining after he cleared his bladder. Closing his eyes, he savoured the burst of caviar on his tongue.

"Hmm, so good." Kyungsoo moaned.

"I bet." A familar voice said from his left.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes to see Luhan sitting right beside. His eyes grew wide. What is he doing here?

"Whod woo you woant?" Kyungsoo asked with his mouth full. He swallowed and asked again. "Sorry, I meant what do you want, Luhan?"

Luhan looked at the hand in his lap. His lips quivered slightly. When he looked at Kyungsoo, his eyes grew glassy.

"I'm really sorry about this morning. I-I didnt mean to spill it, you know. I'm just a bit clumsy."

Kyungsoo smiled. "It's ok." He put aside his lunch and turned slightly to face Luhan. "I didn't think anything about it."

"Thank you." Luhan smiled.

A small grin played on Kyungsoo's lips. He had never hold a grudge against anyone. Out of the corner of his eyes, a football came flying towards them. Before he could react, it hit square on his forehead. He flailed before falling back. Water splashed all around as he took a dip into the shallow fountain.

"Oops." Luhan covered his mouth in shock, his eyes smiling brightly.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Sehun exited the gents and made his way down the staircase where he bumped into Luhan and his sidekick. Their eyes met for a brief moment before the latter looked away. Shrugging off the bad feeling in his gut, he went into the school garden, looking for his Kyungsoo. And what greeted him made his jaw dropped.

Rushing to aid his friend, Sehun asked, as he pulled the boy out of the fountain pool. "What happened to you?"

"A ball hit me." Kyungsoo touched his tender forehead. "I think it's swollen."

"It is." Sehun touched the swollen skin which looked like a tennis ball, gingerly. "Let's get you to the infirmary."

"The food." Kyungsoo mumbled sadly.

"Shh." Sehun quickly packed the food away. He supported the shorter boy with an arm curled around the latter'ss waist and they walked towards the infirmary.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Kris leaned against the floor-to-ceiling windows, waiting for his dorky best friends. He glanced at his wrist watch, noting that he was still early for lunch break. As he looked up, he saw a soaking wet boy with his head hanging, supported by a taller boy. How did one get that wet? Kris really wasn't sure he wanted to know.

Just then his best friends appeared. They made their way into the school's lounge. Halfway through their food, Suho joined them, sitting a little too close to Kris.

Kris smiled, looking at Suho who was engrossed with his apple struedel. "You have cream on you."

Suho blinked. "Really?"

"Don't move." Was all Kris said before he leaned closer to the cream off this side of Suho red lips. "Nice."

Suho turned a spectacular shade of red amidst the laughter and giggles coming from Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Y-You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to. You look really cute when you blush." Kris chuckled and patted the back of the other boy's head.

Suho ducked his head, hiding the smile he couldn't contain.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Hehe updates! I hope it's going well to keep your interest going! For the record, Jongin = Kai, Jongdae = Chen, Yixing = Lay, Minseok = Xiumin, Kyungsoo = D.O, Joonmyun = Suho. Comments will be loved! Thanks for subscribing. Love you guys hehe