- - c h a p t e r 0 3 - -

Exo High

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h    0   3  - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Kris stretched his back trying to get the knots to relax. He had been hovering over piles of paperwork after the student council's meeting. Thankfully, he had Suho to help him. He glanced out of the window noticing the sun at the early stages of setting. Rays of orange coloured the land below. He looked over his shoulder to see Suho bent over paperwork too. The rest of the council members had been dismissed except for the vice-president and himself. He didn't do it on purpose but partly was because he wanted to get the shy boy alone for a change, away from the crowd and their other two best friends.

Burying himself in paperwork was a way to stop him from staring at Kris. When the other guy had stretched his back, the muscles at his back rippled nicely causing him to think of inappropriate thoughts. He didn't understand why Kris had to dismiss the other members and leave the two of them alone. In a room. Alone. He couldn't blame the guy since all this paperwork didn't involve the general staff. Suho glanced at Kris who had stood to face the window. The light outside casting a beautiful profile of Kris. The guy should be on some GQ magazine, what with his looks and height.

Being alone with Kris was making his heart beat a mile a minute. He too was aware that Kris had moved from the window to seat beside him. His palms began to sweat.

"Hey, are you done?" Kris took the empty seat adjacent to Suho, who's eyes darted quickly  from his face to the paper on the table.

"Almost." Suho gulped. He so hate the way his face was heating up. This was one of the reasons he hated his pale skin. Gosh, talking about turning red, literally.

"Are you blushing?"

"N-no. Why would I be?" Suho gripped his pen till his knuckles turned white and turned towards the other boy.

Kris smirked. "Here, I thought that maybe it was my presence." He brushed the stray strand to tuck it behind Suho's ears. "Then I wonder why your face is red and your hands," he held Suho's hand in his, "are sweaty."

"Ah, it's hot, so I kinda sweat, you know."

Kris chuckled. Suho was such a bad liar. He had one finger just below the latter's chin to tilt his head. Those eyes blinked at him twice. His heart jumped when Suho parted his lips in surprise. How cute. Kris leaned, their lips just a mere breath's away.

"Hey!" The voice boomed causing them to jump apart. Their heart thundered at the thought of being caught. Almost.

Groaning in annoyance, Kris glared at the boy who looked like he was on a sweets overdose. "What?!"

"My dad just ordered sushi, air-flown from Japan and it'll be arriving in like thirty minutes. Do you guys wanna join?" Baekhyun's eyes bright with excitement. Kris wouldn't be surprise if he started bouncing off the walls.

"Yes!" Suho grinned. He loved sushi. If he was given a choice, he'd have sushi everyday. Who could get tired of it?

"Ok, we're coming." Kris shrugged as he collected his things.

"Alright, come on, my dad's here to fetch us." Baekhyun hopped away leaving them behind.

"We should go." Suho avoided making eye contact with Kris while he zipped up his bag. Did they almost kiss just now? Nah, must be wishful thinking.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

The sushi had been great. Freshly made and the salmon was so sweet and succulent, Suho couldn't get enough of it. He leaned against the balcony ledge, taking in the night air. Kris stood right beside him, enjoying the view. The silence didn't bother them. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had rushed to play some kind of game on his Xbox, leaving the two of them to their own means. A sideway glance showed Kris staring out, the breeze playing with his dark blonde hair. He would love to run his fingers through that mane.

"What are you thinking?" Kris was the first to speak. in the dark which was only illuminated by the moon and the lights in the living room.

"Nothing, really."

"Really." Kris said as a matter-of-fact. He moved closer, looking into the dark eyes staring back at him. "Are you waiting for me to kiss you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Suho stuttered as their breaths mingled, lips just inches away.

"I think you do." Kris leaned to capture those lips. But someone had to ruin it all.

"Guys! I beat Baekhyun's high sccore!" Chanyeol grinned widely, jumping around them, fist thumping the air. Baekhyun was right behind him, sulking.

"I let you win this time." Baekhyun huffed. When Chanyeol stuck ou t his tongue, Baekhyun lunged towards the taller boy, causing the latter to fall against the wooden floor. They rolled out into the living room area, like literally, as neither wanted to give in.

Suho shook his head, smiling. Without warning, Kris cupped his cheek and kissed him. Soft lips moved against his. To have your crush kissing you is a dream come true. Suho felt like he could die from happiness. His inner self squealed with delight.

Feeling Suho's lips relax against his, he bit the lower lip gently, feeling the shorter boy against him. When they parted for air, Kris got a good look at Suho's blushing face and smiled. He did that, didn't he?

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Homework wasn't Sehun strong point. He knew that. But seeing how easily he could sleep instead of doing his homework made Kyungsoo jealous. He wished he was that carefree. It was ingrained in him, to clear whatever to-do-list in his head before he could sleep peacefully. Well, that wasn't to say that Sehun didn't do his homework. The boy usually do his homework whenever he like. Sometimes during breakfast, or he'd wake up in the middle of the night to do his homework after a short nap and then he'd go back to sleep. Weird habits, but he'd grown up with him. So, it wasn't weird anymore. It was just Sehun.

Kyungsoo cracked his knuckled and continued with his math homework, ignoring the sleeping form on his bed. He would have to call his parents to let them know that Sehun's sleeping over. Shuffling that thought aside, Kyungsoo went back to see papers. He hadn't realise it was almost midnight when he heard a grunt coming from Sehun.

Stretching his back, he packed his bag for tomorrow, changed into his white polka dots-over-blue pyjamas and slid under the comforters right beside Sehun. He had called Sehun's parents earlier and they would be sending his uniform first thing in the morning. Well, technically, not really his parents but his butler will do that anyway. He switched off the lights with a remote and settled on his back, eyes closed.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

"Hyung! Wake up!" Kris grunted something incoherrent before mustering enough energy to open his eyes. His brother was shaking his shoulder vigorously with a panda plushie in between his armpits.

"Yeah, I'm awake now, Tao."

"Minseok-hyung made breakfast but I'm afraid." Tao pouted. When Kris motioned with a confused look, he continued. "I think we might get food poisoing if you see the food."

Kris got up, pushing the blanket off his legs and ambled his way into the kitchen in just his boxers. There in the kitchen stood his other sibling, Minseok, in an apron, flipping pancakes. He blinked twice.

"Since when do you cook?" Kris asked as he approached his younger brother. Taking a bit off the cooked pancakes, he moaned. "Hmm, it's good! Gosh, I'm starving."

"You're going to be late for school if you don't make a move." Minseok reprimanded. He may be the second child, but sometimes he took the role of their mother as the cook,  when their father went out to work. From the corner of his eyes, he watched Tao, their youngest brother settle on the floor, legs tucked below the low table.

"Yeah, I know. By the way have you called the repairman to check on the washing machine?" Kris said as he slung over a owel over his shoulder. "I'll be a little late today. Don't stay up."

"Ok." He heard them both say. Kris went into the bathroom where the faucet needed some fixing too, he sighed. He would fix that later when he get back.

After he got dressed, he went pass his living room where Tao had fallen asleep with the TV on. A framed photo of their family stood on the platform that supported his TV. In the picture there was his mother, with the three brothers and their father. He missed her.

"I miss mom, too." Tao spoke from behind. "Do you think she's looking after us from up there?"

Kris patted his brother's head. "I'm sure she is. Rest well, you're on MC today, right?"

Tao nodded. Kris went to the kitchen and had his fill. Breakfast was something he never missed, and neither did his brothers. He wished he could stay home like the two of them but he had school. Plus, being the eldest, he can't afford to slack. His brothers needed him, and so did his father who had gone to work at six every morning and back at around nine. But he was always around the house with the family during weekends.

"Ok, I gotta go. Take care of the house." Kris hugged them and left.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Jongin had turned down his father's offer to send him to school by car. He prefered walking, working up a sweat.. Being confined to four walls, so to speak wasn't his style. He had his earphones on, listening to some Clazziquai. Nodding his head to the beat, he imagined himself moving to the beat. He ignored the girls who were making moon eyes at him. He wasn't interested in them. Or maybe in general, he wasn't interested in anything else other than his dance classes. But he remembered not to neglect his studies as it was the only fallback he had in case he didn't make it big in the Korean entertainmenet industry.

Since young, he dreamt big. He wanted to stand on stage, where he can soak in the roar from the fans. He had always like when people compliment his dancing skills. One day, he would grasp that dream. But for now, he was content with his daily routine and hanging out with his friend, Luhan. His friend had issues that he dared not pry. They weren't exactly best friends so he didn't really want to know why Luhan likes bullying Kyungsoo.

As he got lost in his thoughts, he didn't realise that he'd walk in on his teacher having a romantic rendezvous until he heard a loud gasp. Jongin towards the source and his eyes rounded. There stood Mr. Song Joongki the school's doctor, his back against the brick walls with his arms around someone, correction,  a guy,  he couldn't make out who. From the way the back of teh mysterious guy moved, he would guess someone from school but he wasn't even sure who, but it looked very familiar.

"Hmm, hi." Jongin quickly made a u-turn as his heart thundered at the thought of Mr. Song making out with a guy. He couldn't even imagine himself kissing a girl, what more a guy.  Kissing was just, in his opinion, yucky, though he'd never had one. He didn't plan to have one anyway. Just as he sped through the backyard towards the building where his class was, he came across a guy crouched in front of a bed of flowers with a gloved hand. He had skin so fair, like he'd never been under the sun before. Could a guy be that fair?

"Ow!" The guy cried out as he accidentally touched the thorn of he stem. "Silly me."

Jongin watched the guy try to stop his bleeding finger. He pulled out a hankerchief (he was old-fashioned, hate to admit it) and crouched beside the guy he was starting to nickname Snow White.

"Here, let me help you." Jongin wrapped his hankerchief over the cut, clotting it effectively. "There you go."

Snow White looked up at him in surprise. "Thank you. I should've worn gloves for both."

"You're welcome." Jongin had a strange feeling that washed over him like... like candy floss. A feeling of sweetness. What the heck?

"I'll wash and return this to you. It must be precious." Snow White smiled softly and Jongin thought it was such a beautiful smile.

The bell chimed around them. "I have to go. See you around." Snow White grinned. "By the way, you are?"

"Jongin of class 1-B." He replied wit ha tinge of blush. Suddenly, the temperature felt humid and he needed to get far away as possible. He mumbled a goodbye and made his way towards his class. Why the heck is his heart beating so fast?

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

I hope it ha been interesting! Comments would be appreciated! :D Even if this story doesn't have as many followers as my other stories, I will still continue writing coz it's fun though the main couple isn't my bias XD Whatever EXO is heart! :3