2.

School Boy Blues

There's a silence between the two, a silence that seems to stretch and stretch.

"Eh...?"

Jiyeon askes carefully, not sure of what she's heard and not sure of how to respond. She's been confessed to before, sure. But never this sudden.

"Ah..."

Joon can only say that. He's suddenly at a loss for words and has formed a sudden fascination for every object in the room but Jiyeon.

"Pratice ran a little late today, mianhe."

The silence is finally broken by Soyeon, who's unaware of anything that just happened seeing as she's just coming back from ballet practice.

"Ah, Jiyeon-ah, you're here too."

Soyeon smiles widely once she notices Jiyeon.

"This is my brother, by the way."

"We've met." Jiyeon casts a quick glance in Joon's direction.

"Ahem, well we've got to go. Umma's gonna be upset if we get home late."

"Ne, we should start heading home. See you tomorrow Jiyeon-ah."

"Mm. See you tomorrow."

Joon and Soyeon exit the room, leaving Jiyeon behind. Once they've exited the school, Soyeon stops and faces Joon.

"Okay, what happened?" 

"Don't know what you're talking about." Joon says, trying to play it off.

"Oppa." Soyeon says menacingly "Don't you dare try to lie to me."

Joon gulps. His sister Soyeon's always been the only person who could instill fear of any kind in him, which other people would probably find ironic with him being this big tough guy and her being this petite princessy girl.

"...I- I confessed to her."

Soyeon's jaw drops.

"You did what?!"

Joon shields his ears.

"You - pabo! How - why? Why would you just suddenly confess?! Do you know what you've done?! You've killed all your chances with her! She probably thinks you're some love sick stalker!"

"I know, ok? I don't even know why I confessed."

"Because you're stupid!" Soyeon yells, dealing Joon a hit to the arm at the same time.

"Aish, chinca!" Joon yells out in fraustration.

"Ah, chogio."

Joon and Soyeon both turn around to see Jiyeon.

 "About your confession,"

Joon's throat closes up.

"Is it okay if I don't reply right away?"

He coudn't believe what he was hearing. She was actually going to consider his confession?! He'd never have thought this would actually happen in reality.

"M-mhm." Was alll he could bring himself to say.