4

School Boy Blues

"So, you two are dating now?"

Soyeon, with a lollipop in her hand and a blank expression on her face, asks Joon & Jiyeon, who're hand in hand.

"Yup." "Mm-hm ~" They each reply

All three of them were at a street corner close to their school, their paths intertwined there, which is why Joon and Jiyeon had decided earlier to meet there. 

"What'd my brother threaten you with?" Soyeon deadpans

"Wha- threaten?! I didn't threaten her with anything!" Joon screams, causing passers by to turn and look at them

"Hm. If he didn't threaten you, what was it he bribed you with Jiyeon - ah?" Soyeon deadpanned once again.

Before Joon could begin yelling again, Jiyeon began laughing and shook her head slightly.

"Aniya, Soyeon - ah. He didn't bribe me or threaten me, we're honestly dating."

"Why him, though? You could have done so much better."

"Aish, chinca! You're my sister, y'know?"

"So? Plus, that hasn't been scientifically proven. I still suspect you're adopted."

Jiyeon breaks into laughter, laughter so hard that she almost falls causing Joon to tighten his grip on her hand a bit.

"The two of you," she says through her laughter "are really hilarious, chinca."

Joon smiles. She's cute when she laughs, he's known this for a while, it's even cuter up close.

"Nothing's hilarious about us, Jiyeon - ah." Soyeon says softly "Except maybe, for Joon's face."

Jiyeon breaks out in laughter again while Joon fuses about Soyeon's constant teases and Soyeon continues to make comments on how Jiyeon could have done so much better. Conversation flows naturally this way and soon they all reach the entrance gate of their school.

"Yah oppa, this is your stop. I'll walk Jiyeon to class now, since we have the same class."

"Ah, she's right." Jiyeon agrees.

"You might have the same class together but she's my girlfriend, not yours. I'll walk her, you go on ahead." Joon says cooly, a slight egde noticable in his tone.

"Fine. You win, this time."

Soyeon's tone has a harsher edge reminding Joon that he shouldn't take too many chances to oppose his baby sister. Though he really did win this time, as Soyeon quietly walks away after waving a cheerful "See you later ~" to Jiyeon, who'd have thought they were so close.

"Sorry about that." Joon says once Soyeon's out of range, he also loosens his grip on Jiyeon's hand a bit "I just thought, if I'm atleast going to be your fake boyfriend, I might as well fake it well." He finishes with a playful smirk.

Jiyeon giggles lightly.

"Gwenchana, we might as well make it believable, ne?"

"Mhm. Well, come on. I'll walk you to your locker."

They begin their entrance into the school and all of a sudden gasps and whispers can be heard, people are pointing fingers at them and huddling amongst themselves. It all pissed Joon off.

"Yah, what the are you all gawking at?! Never seen a couple before, heh?!" He yells at everyone in particular.

"Joonie, never mind it. Let's just go, ne?" Jiyeon says softly, a soothing smile on her face.

Joon looks over to her and calms down a bit, he calms even more when her grip on his hand tightens.

"Hm, kaja." He sneers at a group of people one last time and then let Jiyeon lead him to her locker.

He silently notes that this is the second time Jiyeon, or anyone for that matter, is leading him and not the other way around. They get to her locker in no time and Jiyeon proceeds to remove the things she needs for the day, Joon offers to hold her books for her while he walks her to her class, she gladly accepts. They arrive at her class and he hands her books to her.

"So, just meet you back here at lunch then?"

"Yes, if you don't mind."

"No problem, I don't mind at all." He replies with a smile.

"Well, see you later then."

"Hm, bye."

He watches her go into her class from the doorway and can't smiling, even though the relationship is fake, the happiness he feels is real.