3

School Boy Blues

Joon was frozen, absolutely frozen.

It'd been a week since he'd confessed to her, and now here she was standing at the front of his class, actually smiling at him.

"Changsun - ah."

She said his name again, his real name, and it just about nearly drove him insane. She was saying his name and smiling at him and waving to him, never would he have imagined this would happen in reality.

"Jiyeon - ah." is all he can manage to say.

She smiles at him even still, even giggles at the look on his face.

"No need to look so tense, Changsun - ah. I just want to talk to you."

"Me? About what?"

"You'll see ~" She says in a sing song voice and then proceeds to take Joon by the hand and lead him.

If it were anyone else, he'd snatch his hand away as quickly as they'd even touched him. But this wasn't just anyone, it was Jiyeon, the girl he's been completely head over hills for since the day he saw her. So he just lets her lead. He's aware of people's stares after a while, though it's expected, even he himself couldn't believe this was happening.

"Eh, Jiyeon-ah, where are you taking me?"

Not that he's not happy that the girl of his dreams is practically kidnapping him but he atleast wants to know what to expect.

"My apartment ~"

Joon chokes on air.

"Y-yo-your what?!"

Jiyeon laughs at the shocked expression on his face.

"Relaaaaax Changsun - ah. It's not like I'm kidnapping you to attack you or something."

"But even still, school's still in session. We can't just leave."

Jiyeon stops and turns to face Joon with a face of mock innocence.

"You're not scared of leaving school, are you Joonie?"

That's the first time she's called me by my other name, even though she used a nickname. He thinks to himself.

"I asked around about you, Joonie."

"Asked around about me? Why?"

"Because, I need you to help me."

Joon steps into the apartment cautiously, as if he was expecting something bad to happen at any second. After fully stepping he, he takes in the room. He figures that the room he's in is the living room, it's completely white with peach, pink and light blue furniture littered the room, with light purple throw pillows on the chairs & a lime green lap sitting on a white table.

Looking around some more, Joon notices various pictures of Jiyeon and an unknown girl.

Jiyeon sees him looking and smiles.

"Beautiful, isn't she?"  She asks dreamily 

Joon fights the urge to say yes, because his response would come out as "You are" instead of "She is." Instead he asks, 

"Is she your sister?"

"Aniya."

Jiyeon pauses and looks at Joon, making sure to catch his eye, then she smiles at him apologetically.

"She's my girlfriend."

Joon immediately feels like he's been slapped, he feels betrayed even. Sure she's never been his but still, her being taken just shatters all his fantasies. He doesn't have a chance with her and he might never.

"Ah" is all he can spare.

"Mianhe, I can't return your feelings." She says sadly with a slight bow.

"Ah, so you brought me all the way here just to tell me that, heh?" He says a bit bitterly.

"Aniya, I brought you here because I need your help."

"With what?" He asks harshly, his hurt fueling him

"I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend." She says quietly.

"Heh?" He asks shocked.

"I need you to pretend you're my boyfriend, please." She says louder, a pleading look on her face.

"Why?" 

"My parents, they wouldn't approve of my relationship with Hyomin. I need someone to-"

"So, you're saying you just need me as your coverup." Joon asks, cutting her off.

She looks away from him but nods nonetheless.

Joon thinks for a second, and decides. He knows he'll regret this but maybe he might enjoy it too.

"I'll do it, I'll be your fake boyfriend."