Harsh Words in Passing

Finish What You Started

 

Walking into school the next morning Chase mindlessly wandered down the hallway still thinking about yesterday's events. After Hoya snapped in class the two girls who supposedly said stuff about Chase came up to her and apologize.

( f l a s h b a c k )

After lunch when Chase was walking with the guys to dance class the two girls walked up to Chase. The group of boys stopped as did Chase when one of the girls spoke up. Looking at her shoes she bowed and in broken English said, "We sorry for earlier." Chase gave them a 'what the ' look and glanced at Hoya who stopped on her right, he placed his hands out in front of his body as if to say 'don't look at me, I didn't do anything'. Both the girls continued to bow, but Chase grabbed their shoulders telling them to stop.

"It's okay, don't worry about it." Chase smiled and just walked off towards class, leaving the two girls and guys confused and glancing at her retreating figure. Only Dongwoo and Hoya knew exactly what happened, while the others looked clueless. As they were walking to class Dongwoo explained what had happened and the boys understood.

( p r e s e n t )

Walking around the corner she spotted Lee Haneul, Choi Areum, and their pathetic followers. 'Why do I feel like I stepped into a Korean drama?' Thinking to herself Chase tried to walk past them only to be stopped with Haneul spoke in English. "Hey ." Chase raised her eyebrow and turned towards Haneul.

"Haneul you know you shouldn't talk about yourself that way." Haneul shot foreword only to be held back by Areum. Their followers surrounded Chase, and Chase just stood their like 'oh my gosh, seriously?' She laughed while shaking her head and smiled.

"What are you laughing at?" Areum asked. Although Haneul and Areum were the Queenka's at the school and the most territorial when it came to guys Areum had a more calm approach to things as oppose to Haneul.

"Your little followers, I mean am I suppose to be scared or something? Seriously, pathetic." Haneul glared at Chase and walked towards her

Haneul got close to Chase's face the two stared at one another for a few minutes before Chase sighed. "Haneul if you're going to say something, please say it. You're wasting my time here."

Haneul poked Chase in the chest with her manicured nail, "Just because you are the new girl, doesn't mean you can get any guy you want." Chase let out a sigh of relief.

"That's all you were going to say?" Chase shook her head, and turned to walk away, "I thought you would say something more important."

"I'm not done with you yet." Chase continued to walk away and throw a peace sign over her shoulder.

"I'm done with you though." With those last words she left, leaving Haneul in the hallway stunned that someone had actually spoken to her that way.  Hanuel glared at Chase's retreating figure unaware that someone was watching in the distance.

Speaking in Korean Haneul turns towards Areum, "Areum, I'm so sick of that foreign girl. I'll do whatever it takes to make her leave Infinite alone. If I have to physically hurt her myself." Areum rolled her eyes and just nodded with what Haneul was saying. 

As the two girls and their followers walked away Hoya stepped out from behind the edge of the lockers and looked down towards the door Chase passed through holding her head and mumbling to herself.

Hoya started walking towards his first period and spotted Myungsoo and Woohyun talking with one another. "GUYS!" The two turned to face Hoya as he headed towards them.

"What's up Hoya?" Woohyun placed his arm around Hoya's shoulders.

"Can you two watch Chase? I saw her talking with Haneul and Areum. And Haneul was saying some stuff about how she was going to get Chase to want to leave Woolim. I'm worried about what she might do." Myungsoo and Woohyun nodded and Myungsoo coughed into a closed fist as the other two looked behind them and spot Haneul and Areum approaching them.

A sweet smile playing on Haneul's face, walking up to Woohyun she wrapped her arms around his left arm. "Hi oppa." Woohyun turned his head towards Myungsoo and Dongwoo and had a scared look on his face.

"Ummm..hi Haneul." He tried to pry her hands off of his arm but had no such luck.

"Oppa would you like to eat lunch with me and Areum today?" Areum just stood off to the side arms crossed.

"Sorry Haneul maybe another time." Haneul pouted and tried to persuade Woohyun to eat with her until Dongwoo could be heard yelling at Woohyun from across the yard.

"WOOHYUN-AH!" The five turned to face Dongwoo who was slowly making his way over towards them with Chase at his side. Haneul let off a low growl and tightened her grip on Woohyun's arm. Myungsoo ran towards Chase and hugged her tightly yelling in English.

"Chase!! Can I join you and Maddox for dinner tonight? PLEASE!! My parent's won't be home and I'll be lonely." Chase tried to separate herself from his tight hold, but was unsuccessful.

"Myungsoo-ah she can't breathe." Myungsoo released his grip as Chase bent over hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breathe.

"As long as you don't hug me like that again, you can come over for dinner any night you want." Myungsoo was about to hug her again tightly, but he paused and smiled sweetly then hugged Dongwoo instead.

"DON'T HUG ME EITHER!" Woohyun started laughing at the sight of Myungsoo hugging Dongwoo while Myungsoo mumbled something about Chase's delicious cooking. Woohyun managed to shake Haneul off him, and looked at her.

"Sorry Haneul, maybe another time. I have to go." Woohyun and Hoya left Haneul and Areum there, Haneul glaring at the back of Chase's head who was laughing as Dongwoo tried to get away from Myungsoo's beastly hugs.

Haneul mumbled as she watched the five of them walk into the school building, "I'll get you Chase Sharks."