Monday Morning

Finish What You Started

*BRING BRING!*

Instinctively Chase's hand shot out from under her bed sheets and slammed down on to the top of her neon green alarm clock. Lying in bed for a few more minutes Chase heard the distant sound of something hitting her window. Throwing her covers off of her body, she yawned as she scratched the back of her head, her hair hanging down framing her face. Standing up, she walked over to her window rubbing her left eye with a closed fist.

Once again hearing something being thrown at her window, she quickly opened the window. "Bryton what the hell?" Staring across at the brown haired boy standing at his window, he smiled.

"Good morning sunshine. Are you ready for your first day of school at Woolim?" Chase rolled her eyes and yawned.

"Yeah, except I have to wear a stupid uniform." Scrunching her nose, Bryton laughed at her. "Are you coming over for breakfast?"

"Yeah I'll be over after I get ready." Taking once last glance at Bryton's bed head, and his shirtless body she rolled her eyes and closed her window.

"Stupid boy." Closing her blinds, she walked out in the hallway towards the bathroom she shared with her younger brother Maddox. Placing her uniform in between both sinks, she took off her soccer shorts and loose fitted rolling stones t-shirt tossing them into the dirty laundry basket behind her. Taking her undergarments off she tossed them in the basket as well and proceeded to climb into the shower stall as the hot water rushed over her cold body waking up her muscles in the process.

After her shower, Chase got dressed in her school uniform which consisted of a white button up long sleeve top, which Chase rolled up to her elbows, a tan colored vest that reminded Chase somewhat of how golfers use to dress back in the older days, a grey knee length skirt, black knee high socks and black dockers.

Running her fingers through her hair she began to walk towards her brothers room. Knocking quietly, she slowly opened the door sticking her head in only to see her precious brother silently sleeping.

Walking over Chase sat on the side of his bed and stared at his peaceful facade. Carefully raising her hand up, she placed her hand on Maddox’s face and softly ran her thumb across his cheek. "Maddox, babe time to get up. We have school today." She watched as her brother slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

"Titter." He sleepily said seeing his big sister in front of him.

"Hey babe, get dressed okay. I'll go downstairs and make breakfast. Bryton will be over too." Kissing his cheek, Chase walked out of her younger brother's room and continued downstairs. Hearing the doorbell ring, Chase walked by and opened the door without even stopping.

"Good morning Chase."

"Morning Bryton," Bryton followed Chase into her kitchen and sat on one the stools that were placed under the island counter, "so what do you want for breakfast?" Bryton shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever is fine. I like everything you cook anyways." Nodding Chase grabbed a deep pot out of the cabinet and placed it on the stove after putting water in it. As Chase grabbed the items out of the refrigerator to make omelets her cell phone rang.

"Bryton answer it will you?" Bryton hit the talk button and placed it close to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Um, is Chase there?"

"Um, whose this?" Chase looked over at Bryton with her eyebrow raised.

"It's Dongwoo."

"Ohh Dongwoo, what are you calling Chase for?" Before Dongwoo could reply Chase took her phone out of his grasp and placed it to her ear.

Chase smiled to herself as she spoke, "Hey Dongwoo, what's up?"

"Hey Chase, I thought you gave me your cell phone number?"

"Oh I did, that was Bryton. I'm making him his breakfast, lazy bum." Dongwoo laughed as he heard Bryton yell at her after calling him a lazy bum.

"Well I was wondering what your first period is. I was hoping we could meet up before class and chill. The others don't know that you're the new kid yet, so it'd be just you and me." Chase grabbed her bluetooth earpiece that was lying on the counter and placed it in her ear before setting her cell phone down on the counter and continued fixing three omelets.

"Well if I remember correctly I have English language, why I have to take that class I have no idea." Chase smiled hearing Dongwoo laugh lightly.

"Well I have to take it too as do the guys. Well if you have Mr. Choi then you'll be in class with me, Myungsoo, and Woohyun. All three of us are kind of bad at English." Laughing slightly Chase was about to reply till she heard her brother calling her as he ran down the stairs.

"TITTER!!!!"

"Hold on just a minute Dongwoo."

"Okay." Maddox ran to Chase with his arms wide open.

"TITTER!!! I'm ready for breakfast." Wrapping his arms around his older sisters legs he gave them a tight squeeze.

"Okay babe, sit with Bryton. I'm almost done making your omelet." Letting go of his sister's legs he walk over to Bryton and held out his arms for Bryton to pick him up. "Maddox you are seven years old, you can sit in your own chair."

"But titter-" Maddox stuck out his bottom lip and gave her the puppy dog eyes.

"Chase it's cool. Maddox just loves sitting in my lap." Bryton bent down and picked up Maddox placing him in his lap. Laughing she turned back to the omelets that she started taking out of the pot, and began talking to Dongwoo.

"So Dongwoo, I know when I get to school I have to go to the office to get everything I need. I'll be late to first period."

"Okay, well I'll meet you at the office okay around 7:45?" Glancing at the digital clock that was blinking on the stove Chase saw that it was barely 7:05.

"Okay, I'll see you later Dongwoo."

"Okay, bye Chase." As she hung up her phone, she pulled the bluetooth device out of her ear and placed it on the counter next to her phone and gave Maddox and Bryton their breakfast before sitting down to eat hers.

---------

After dropping Maddox off at his school, Chase began to drive towards her new school Woolim High School. As she pulled up she noticed that not many people were there, except a select few who were probably more then likely teachers. Grabbing her backpack Chase stepped out of her Tahoe and advanced towards the school. Taking a quick look at her neon green watch, Chase read 7:25.

As she got closer to the front doors she spotted Dongwoo leaning against the outside of the building listening to what looked like his iPod. Walking over towards him, he lifted his head and smiled. "Hey Chase." She smiled as the two strolled over towards the office.

"I thought you said 7:45 it's not even 7:30."

"Well, I was able to get away from the guys so I thought I might come earlier." Nodding her head, showing that she understood she reached out to grab the door to the office only to have Dongwoo grab it first and hold it open for her.

"Ohh such a gentlemen Dongwoo."

"I try." The two walked up to the desk, and Chase smiled at the lady who smiled back.

"You must be Chasen Sharks our exchange student," Nodding slightly, the lady motioned for the two to sit in some chair against the wall, "I'll tell the principal you are here."

---------

Once the principal was ready to see her, Chase walked in his office with Dongwoo close behind her. "Oh Miss Sharks I see you've met Mr. Jang. He is one of our best students…" As the principal continued to talk with Chase the bell rang signaling that class was starting in a few minutes. Dongwoo got up to head to class when the principal stopped him. "Mr. Jang, you can Miss Sharks to her class in a few minutes. We want to make sure all the students are settled in first." Dongwoo nodded and sat back down.

---------

As the two walked down the now empty hallway, Chase took a deep breath in and exhaled. "Nervous?"

"A little. I hope people don't think I'm some stupid American who doesn't speak Korean."

"Well, most people will probably try to speak English with you. Once everyone heard we had an American coming everyone's been talking about how they could learn English." Laughing the two walked up to the door that led to Mr. Choi's English class. "Ready?"

"Yeah."