First Day

Finish What You Started

 

For those who want to know what Maddox looks like : http://i30.tinypic.com/2uh93zp.jpg

A/N : Also stating a fact before you read, Chase talks to her teachers in English, because I say so. (: And the teachers understand English fluently.

---------

Dongwoo motioned for Chase to wait outside the door where no one could see her, while he walked up to Mr. Choi and began to speak softly with him, explaining why he was late. Mr. Choi nodded his head a few times showing that he understood and faced the class. "Class, I know you have all been excited about us getting the new foreign exchange student at our school. Mr. Jang has announced that Chasen Sharks will be in this 1st period class. Please everyone welcome Chasen Sharks."

Dongwoo walked over towards the door and led Chase inside. The classroom became dead quiet, as all the students saw that Chase Sharks wasn't a guy as they had all expected, but a girl. Chase looked at the class and noticed Woohyun and Myungsoo staring at her, she smiled slightly and waved. Mr. Choi smiled at Chase as she walked closer to him. He spoke in English to the class.

"Since this is English language class, please introduce yourself in English." Chase faced the class and bowed.

"Hello I'm Chasen Sharks, please call me Chase, the foreign exchange student. I hope to become friends with all of you." As she spoke she felt all the stares from her 'now' classmates. Mr. Choi was about to speak when one of the guys raised his hand.

"Yes Mr. Park?" Speaking in broken English the boy stated.

"I thought exchange student was boy?" Mr. Choi shook his head while Dongwoo replied.

"Actually it never said whether Chasen was a boy or girl, we all just assumed she was a he." Mr. Park nodded his head as if saying 'true' while Mr. Choi spoke to Chase in fluent English.

“Miss Sharks, you can sit by Dongwoo and Myungsoo. Also since you are American and can obviously speak English you’ll pass this class with an A+, I have no doubt. Please don’t speak Korean in here; I’m trying to get the class to get better at English. I also am going to guess that students will ask you for help, if it annoys you I apologize. Honestly I don’t know why you are in this class when you are fluent, but oh well.” Chas smiled while lightly nodding her head, and bowing in the process.

"I understand sir, I will only speak English in here." Mr. Choi motioned for Chase to take a seat in between Myungsoo and Dongwoo. As Chase walked towards the back where the two boys sat she felt stares, Chase just smiled at everyone and continued walking.

Sitting down in between Myungsoo and Dongwoo, Chase tilted her head to the side and looked at Myungsoo and Woohyun who sat beside him. "Hey guys." Their mouths were still hanging wide open, until Dongwoo reached behind Chase and tapped Myungsoo on the back of the head.

"Staring is not attractive you two." They both instantly snapped out of their state, and looked at Chase.

"I thought you said you knew Chase not that you were him…uh her?" Chase shook her head at Woohyun.

"No Woohyun what I said was that Chase played soccer and dance, and when Hoya asked if I knew Chase I said 'something like that'. Never once did I ever mention Chase being a guy." Woohyun scratched his chin, while Myungsoo punched Dongwoo's arm.

"Dongwoo, how long did you know Chase was a her, and that our foreign exchange student was CK?" Dongwoo gave a sly smile as he replied.

"Um since before we left the beach on Saturday." This time Woohyun hit Dongwoo as Dongwoo pouted and held onto his arm.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Before Dongwoo could speak Chase interrupted.

"I asked him not too. Are you mad at me?" Chase pouted slightly as she looked at Woohyun and Myungsoo. Myungsoo pulled her in for a side hug.

"Oh no we aren't mad. It's cool that your him, um her. At least we know your chill."

Woohyun smiled at Chase, "Ohh Chase, or is it CK now?"

"Either."

"Okay well Chase, do you want to eat lunch with us? The others have been wanting to chill with the 'cool foreign exchange' student."

"Dongwoo told me I was going to eat with you guys regardless." Woohyun and Myungsoo laughed and the four continued to talk the rest of the class, completely oblivious to the class.

As the bell rang, Chase stood up and grabbed her things before heading towards the door. Woohyun and Dongwoo were in front of her while Myungsoo was chatting away about something that had happened yesterday with Sungjong and Hoya. Laughing, Chase scanned her schedule and saw that she had Calculus. Myungsoo looked over Chase's shoulder since he was slightly taller then her.

"You have Calculus next with Mrs. Park, Dongwoo don't you and Hoya have that class?" Dongwoo turned around from talking with Woohyun and nodded. Woohyun and Dongwoo walked towards the two and took Chase's schedule.

"You have English and Calculus with me. English, and AP Physics with both Woohyun and Myungsoo. AP Physics with Sunggyu, English writing and History with Sungjong, and History with Sungyeol. We all have dance with you, it seems the only class you don't have with any of us is soccer."

---------

"Class Chasen Sharks the foreign exchange student will be in our second period Calculus, please treat her nicely and make her feel welcome." Once again the class became quiet after finding out that Chase was a girl. Chase just smiled and turned to speak to the Mrs. Park in English.

Mrs. Park explained exactly what they were doing in class, and that if she needed any help to ask either her, or Hoya since he excelled in that class. Mrs. Park asked Hoya to raise his hand, even though Chase already knew who Hoya was, and Chase walked towards him and Dongwoo who was seated in front of Hoya. As Chase walked she heard people mumbling to one another in Korea.

'Do you think she understands Korean?...She has such pretty skin, it's so tan…Does she speak Korean?'

Chase just walked towards her desk and sat down, Hoya didn't speak to her much, which didn't really bother Chase because she wasn't all that good at Calculus anyways and needed to concentrate. Calculus wasn't all that interesting, except Chase liked hearing the whispers going between her classmates about her.

---------

As Chase made her way to AP Physics she noticed many people staring at her, yet she didn't mind. She was the new kid, and not to mention stood out against the rest of the fair skin population at her school. She smiled, and said hi every once in a while as she walked by people. A lot of the girls would smile and say hi, and the boys just stared. Entering her AP Physics class she went up to her teacher who she had meet a week earlier. After talking to him, and being introduced to the class she sat at the table with Sunggyu.

"Sunggyu, does Hoya not talk to people often?" Sunggyu tilted his head, and shook his head no.

"Why would you ask that?" Placing her pen against her lip, she shrugged her shoulders.

"When we were at the beach the only time he talked to me was when I tackled him and that was it, and he wouldn't talk to me in class. I mean not that I mind, I needed to pay attention anyways but still. He wouldn't even smile at me."

"Don't worry CK, he is a very shy guy. But once he gets comfortable with someone he talks a lot more. He doesn't talk to a lot of people unless he has too." Making an 'O' with Chase nodded and returned to talking her notes.

 ---------

As the bell rang signaling that it was now lunchtime, Chase's second favorite subject at school, Sunggy, Myungsoo, and Woohyun escorted her towards the cafeteria. By the time the three guys and Chase made it to the big open room Chase gathered that news obviously spread fast around Woolim High School. Not even half a day already and it seemed that the entire student population had found out that Chase Sharks was not only a girl, but a pretty good looking one at that. As she had heard some of the guys whisper as she passed.

Although she realized that not everyone at the school was as welcoming as she was told they would be, she wasn't disappointed. Not that she wanted to start anything with any of her fellow students but there's no way that over 2,000 teenagers were so welled mannered, no possible way. She saw some girls giving her glares, but Chase honestly didn't know why and she shrugged it off.

"CK!" Everyone in the cafeteria looked towards the table where the sudden outburst came from, questioning looks where given to the group of boys as the foreign exchange student walked towards them. Sungjong stood up and ran towards Chase, and circled his arms around her waist giving her a hug. She hugged him back and then felt her body being pulled towards the table.

"I didn't believe that it was you. Why didn't you tell us?" Sungjong gave her another hug as she sat down in the empty seat besides Hoya and Sungjong.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to surprise you guys. You aren't mad are you?" Looking around the table Chase saw that none of them were mad and instead were smiling at her.

After everyone had gotten their lunch and started eating Dongwoo began to speak to Chase who was across from him. "Hey Chase?" Looking up from her food at Dongwoo she raised her eyebrows as if asking 'what' as she continued to chew her food. "You know this morning when I called you?" Chase nodded her head. "Why was someone yelling titter?" The others looked at Dongwoo and then towards Chase and Sungyeol started laughing.

"Titter? What the heck is a titter?" The others listened.

"Ohh that was my younger brother, and he was calling me titter. When he was little he had a lisp, and he couldn't pronounce s sounds so instead of sister it came out titter. Now he just calls me that, since he always has." Dongwoo shook his head showing he understood.

---------

Entering 4th period, dance Chase sat down with the others as Mr. Yi entered, he smiled towards Chase and introduced her and told her that for today she didn't have to do anything. She could just watch the others practice their dances and she would start next week, since all their performances would be Friday she could just watch them.

Chase walked and sat next to Sungyeol who was currently leaning against the wall as Woohyun and Hoya were dancing to the beat coming from the speakers. "Hey Sungyeol what are you guys doing later tonight?"

"I don't know why? You want to hang out?"

"Well," glancing at the other boys Chase turned back towards Sungyeol, "I have to watch my brother tonight but I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over for dinner?" At the mention of dinner Sungjong literally flew across the room and landed right in front of Chase and Sungyeol.

"I'm in!" Laugh Chase covered with her hand, "Wow, you really do have sonar ears when it comes to food. I thought Dongwoo was joking." Sunjong glared at Chase as she continued laughing to herself.

The others heard and walked towards Chase, Sungjong, and Sungyeol to see what was going on. Sungyeol asked the others if they wanted to go over to dinner at Chase's. They all said yes, and agreed to meet Chase by her Tahoe.

---------

English writing and History class blew by at exceeding slow speeds that day. Once again people would talk to one another in Korean asking whether the other thought Chase spoke Korean. Chase just smiled to herself, she hadn't really given any reasons for her classmates to believe that she spoke Korean. When she spoke to her teachers, they spoke to her in English although they knew she spoke fluent Korean. The teachers wanted to give the students the idea to talk to her in English so that their English, in turn, would improve. Although a majority of the Infinite boys didn't speak English, they still tried because they too wanted to better their English.

---------

As Chase was walking towards his last period, which just so happened to be her favorite, soccer, a female student with long dark straight hair and the typical Korean facial structure approached her. Chase smiled at her, as she figured she would just pass her like everyone else did, but Chase was shocked when she found the girl stopping right in front of her.

The girl just hugged Chase, which surprised Chase at first then the girl pulled away and smiled. "Hi I'm No Ae Young. Your Chase Sharks, right? Of course you are, I'm so excited to meet you. You play soccer correct?" Nodding her head Chase felt the girl pulling her towards the soccer field. Chase didn't speak much but Ae Young did. "I hope you like it here at Woolim, I'm goalie on the soccer team I hope you can help our team, most of them think they are the best, but really ." Chase laughed lightly as the two walked towards where the rest of the team was gathered.

"Ahh, Ae Young I see you've met Ms. Sharks. Girls this is Chasen Sharks your new team mate." After the introductions Coach Ahn, the soccer head coach, told Chase to sit on the bleachers and just watch the team practice, so she could get a feel for how the other members played.

---------

"Finally, it's over." Mumbling to herself Chase walked to the parking lot, flipping through her phone to call her little brother. Although he was only seven Chase felt safer knowing she would be able to contact him if anything were to happen. It was basically her and her brother anyways; her mother and father were rarely home. As she approached her Tahoe she spotted the guys waiting for her. She smiled as she placed her cell phone up to her ear. After two rings her little brother picked up.

"Titter! Are you coming yet?"

"I'm on my way okay babe? I'll see you in a few, and some of my new friends are coming over for dinner, is that okay?"

"OKAY!! Bye titter." As Chase hung up she placed her cell back into her bag.

"Hey guys, so I have to pick up my little brother. But you guys can follow me if you want? Or I can just tell you how to get to my house." Sunggy spoke.

"We will just follow you."

"Okay." As all the others started to get into their vehicles Sungjong turned towards Chase.

"Noona can I ride with you?"

"Sure."