Two Weeks Later

Finish What You Started

 

It's been almost two weeks since Chase started attending Woolim High School, and in those almost two weeks Chase found out some 'important' things. One, the Infinite boys, which is what they were known as around school, were in fact the seven most sweetest, and funniest guys around. How they got the name Infinite, she wasn't exactly sure, but never matter. Two, No Ae Young, the girl that had randomly given Chase a hug her first day of school was in fact one of the most sweetest girls Chase had ever met, and the two had become close friends. The most important thing she learned the past two almost weeks, the seven boys that Chase met at the beach that weekend were in fact the most sought after boys on the entire campus hence the reason Chase had been receiving a lot of glares from the female population.

Sure the first two days there were no problems, but after that Chase would hear some of the girls talking amongst one another about how Chase needed to back off and watch herself. Chase would just walk right on past acting as if she never heard a word. The students still thought she didn't speak Korean all that well.

Another thing Chase learned was that Lee Haneul and Choi Areum, two of the most popular girls in school who are also supposedly the 'stars' of the soccer team have a thing for the Woohyun and Dongwoo and they dislike the fact that Chase is close with them.

What the ? Is this suppose to be some typical Korean drama where the new girl becomes friends with the hot guys at school and the evil females try and make her life a living hell?

Well that's exactly what this was. Lee Haneul would talk so much crap about Chase, 'Chase was too fat', 'too white', 'too stupid', 'how dare Chase talk to the Infinite boys as if she knew them', she said Chase should have learned how to speak Korean and not make everyone speak English to her. Obviously the past almost two weeks of school, no one except the Infinite boys and the teachers knew that Chase spoke Korean. No one asked, they all just tried to speak English with her.

Well actually the only one who ever asked was Ae Young, but Ae Young still spoke English around Chase during school. Ae Young told Chase she thought it was funny how no one ever figured it out, even with Chase talking in Korean to the boys.

---------

Ae Young and Chase were walking to their second period after meeting up at their lockers, which coincidently are right next to one another. "So Chase, you think the school will ever find out you actually do speak Korean?" Chase shrugged her shoulders.

"Probably, but for now I like them not knowing because I can hear what they say about me, and those that say I know to not be their friends in the future. I find it funny, I mean they actually thought that I would transfer schools and not learn." Laughing the two strolled up to Mrs. Park's 2nd period calculus class, Ae Young bid Chase farewell as she continued on to her 2nd period which was a couple doors down from Chase's current classroom.

Walking in class Chase spotted Dongwoo and Hoya already seated. "What took you so long Chase? We have the same first period and I beat you." As Chase placed her books on her desk she sat down in her seat and faced Dongwoo.

"I met up with Ae Young, an-." At the mention of Ae Young's name Dongwoo smiled slightly, and Chase squealed then proceeded to whisper, "Do you like Ae Young?" Dongwoo just looked at Chase and slightly nodded his head.

"Don't tell anyone, please Chase." Chase pretended to zip her lips and clapped. "But I've never really talked to her before." Dongwoo looked down towards the ground and frowned. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she smiled.

"How about I invite her to hang out one day with me, and you and someone else can come and accidentally bump into us? That way I can introduce you guys or something and it doesn't seem so obvious." Dongwoo looked up and smiled, before nodding. He was about to say something only to hear someone yelling in Korean.

"YOU TWO BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY!" Looking towards the yelling, Chase and Dongwoo spotted Hoya yelling at two girls who sat behind them. The two girls looked scared less, but then who wouldn't Hoya rarely talked and then he just starts yelling at someone. Dongwoo and Chase exchanged glances before the entire class stared at Hoya as he continued to speak. "Just because Chase is talking to Dongwoo doesn't mean they are a thing. They are just friends, girls and guys can be friends. Just because Dongwoo doesn't talk to you don't get jealous. Dongwoo isn't anyone's property so stop acting like he is." Chase just looked at Hoya, he was sticking up for Dongwoo but also…sticking up for her? As the teacher walked in, the class turned to face the front as if nothing had just happened. As Hoya turned around in his seat he caught Chase looking at him, he just faced the front and didn't say another word.

Chase couldn't concentrate at all during class; she kept wondering exactly what the two girls had said to make Hoya snap like that. Class was a blur she didn't catch a word of what Mrs. Park had said and just stared at the front.

As the bell rang Chase slowly got up as the others exited class afraid Hoya might snap once more. Grabbing her bag she turned to walk towards the door and spotted Hoya about to leave. Reaching out towards him, she grabbed his wrist. He turned around and cocked his head to the side.

"Um.. thanks," He gave a small smile, "I don't know what happened but thanks for sticking up for me." Chase was still holding his wrist as they stared at one another before Hoya spoke.

"No problem, those two girls where just being annoying saying that you had no right to touch Dongwoo, because he was theirs and that you should get your filthy foreign hands off him." He started laughing a little, Chase giggled a little and smiled at Hoya. "But they had no right to say anything, I hate how girls constantly say that Dongwoo is theirs, or Woohyun is theirs and yeah. We aren't property, we are people."

"Well thanks Hoya." Chase gave his arm a light squeeze and said goodbye as she walked towards her AP Physics class a small smile playing on her lips. Walking into class she sat down next to Sunggyu and just kept thinking about what just happened. He actually had stood up for her, even when he barely said anything to her. He rarely acknowledged her, yet he stood up for her.

Sunggyu elbowed her slightly in the ribs, and shook her out of her thoughts; she noticed that Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sunggyu himself were giving her weird looks.

"Why are you all smiley?" Chase just smiled some more.

"No reason."