Dinner at Chase's

Finish What You Started

 

Not much was said between Sungjong and Chase as she drove to her brother's elementary school, all they did was listen to the music blasting from her speaker system. Pushing the button on the steering wheel, Chase turned the volume down. “Sungjong-ah, I’m so glad you guys weren’t mad at me.”

Sungjong turned his head and smiled, “Oh course we wouldn’t be mad at you noona. I’m glad it is you, you’re really nice.”

Chase smiled at the maknae in the passenger seat as she pulled up to the elementary school's parking lot. Unbuckling her seatbelt, she climbed out of her Tahoe telling Sungjong she had to go pick her little brother up in his classroom.

Walking away, she passed by Woohyun, Sunggyu and Dongwoo's cars where the other boys were; she smiled and proceeded up towards the big brown double doors. The halls were empty except for a few parents that had stopped by to pick up their children. Making her way towards Room 24 Chase knocked on the door and opened it before entering. "Ahh Maddox your sister is here." Maddox quickly put all his stuff in his backpack and ran towards his sister.

As the two walked out of Maddox's classroom they quickly say goodbye to his teacher, "Bye Mrs. Choi." Walking out the hallway Maddox excitedly told his older sister about his day. As they walked out of the big brown double doors Maddox grabbed his sister's hands.

"Titter, where are your friends at?" Chase kneeled down in front of him.

"They are in their cars waiting for us, one is in my Tahoe as well." Maddox smiled his big toothy grin and pulled Chase towards her Tahoe. Chase scooped her little brother up in her arms as he started laughing. Chase walked towards the four vehicles with her little brother in her arms. As Chase passed Sunggyu's car, Chase pecked Maddox's cheek only to have Maddox scrunched his nose up, before he laughed and kissed Chase's lips. He hugged her neck as she opened the door to her Tahoe. She placed Maddox in the back seat and buckled him in. She climbed in and started the Tahoe up; as she pulled away she looked at her brother in the mirror.

"Maddox this is Sungjong, Sungjong this is my younger brother Maddox." Sungjong turned in his seat and waved at Maddox and tried to speak in English.

"Hi Maox, eh?" Sungjong looked down as if saying sorry for mispronouncing his name. Maddox only smiled wider and spoke back in fluent Korean.

"Anyounghasaeyo. You’re one of those boys from the beach right?" Sungjong glanced at Chase as she started giggling.

"I'm not the only one who speaks Korean fluently Sungjong." Sungjong looked back at Maddox and nodded.

"My titter said you guys from the beach were pretty awesome, and cute."

"Maddox!"

"Whoops, I don't think I was suppose to say that last part." Sungjong laughed as Chase semi-glared at her brother through the rear view mirror. Sungjong and Maddox continued to talk as Chase drove towards her house.

Pulling into the driveway, Maddox quickly unbuckled himself and jumped out of the car before rocketing towards the front door. The other guys climbed out of their cars and walked towards Chase and Sungjong. After entering the house and taking off all of their shoes, Chase led them into the living room and told them they could sit and watch TV, as she headed towards the kitchen.

Pulling back from the kitchen Chase raised an eyebrow towards them, "Um what do you guys like to eat anyways?"

"We like anything really."

"Okay Sungyeol. Well I'll be right back, make yourselves at home." Chase started heading towards the kitchen then looked down at her body and decided to go change first. Pulling on a pair of jean shorts, and a black wife beater she made her way back towards the kitchen. "Hey Maddox, why don't you go keep the guys company. Introduce yourself."

As Maddox went towards the boys in the living room Chase headed into the kitchen and started to prepare dinner. Grabbing all the ingredients she needed she turned the stove on so it would warm up, so the spaghetti noodles wouldn't take as long. As Chase started filling up one of the deep pots with water, she lightly hummed to herself. Placing the pot on the already hot stove she began to turn around, so she could get the ingredients for the sauce, only to be startled which caused her to jump backwards, placing both of her hands against the stove and scream.

The boys ran into the kitchen to see where the screaming came from to see Myungsoo holding both of Chase's hands as he pulled her oven to the sink. "What happened Myungsoo-ah?" Sungyeol asked as Myungsoo placed Chase's hands under the cool water.

"I was coming to ask if Chase needed any help and I scared her and she burnt her hands. I'm so sorry Chase, that was my bad I should have said something."

Chase gave a slight smile which seconds later turned into a wince as both her hands started to form blisters across the palms. "Where is your medicine and wraps?" Looking at Dongwoo, she asked Maddox to go get them from the bathroom. Maddox returned a few seconds later and handed the stuff to Dongwoo.

Pulling Chase's left hand out from under the water, Sunggyu lightly patted it dry and then Dongwoo took her hand and placed some ointment across the burn marks to help ease the burning sensation and then as he grabbed her right hand after Sunggyu patted it dry, Woohyun wrapped her hands so the burns were covered and wouldn't touch anything. "Thanks you guys. I could have done that myself though."

Sungyeol swung his arm around Chase's shoulders, "So noona what are you making?" Rolling her eyes, she shooed Sungyeol out of the kitchen as she replied.

"Spaghetti." Hearing what she said Maddox turned and jumped and wrapped his arms around his sister's legs. He quickly let go, after yelling and grabbed Hoya's and Dongwoo's hands and pulled them into the living room where Chase could hear Super Smash Brothers Brawl in the background. The other boys left except Myungsoo, who stayed behind to help the now injured Chase cook.

"I'm so sorry noona."

"It's okay Myungsoo, no big deal things like that happen all the time with me." The two chatted as the continued to cook the spaghetti. Woohyun got bored watching all the other boys play video games so he went into the kitchen to see if he could help.

"Um yeah if you want you can set the table. Plates are there and silverware is here." After Chase pointed them out, Woohyun started fixing everything up. Close to time to eat Sungyeol walked in the kitchen while taking a big whiff of the food.

"It smells so good noona."

"Thanks Sungyeol, though you know you don't have to call me noona."

"I like calling your noona, noona." Laughing everyone headed towards the table as Chase grabbed the bowls holding the spaghetti and sauce only to have them taken out of her hand by Hoya. He gave a weak smile and walked towards the table. Chase just followed him with her eyes as she walked over towards the bread sticks, just as she was about to pick them up a pair of hands grabbed them before she could get it.

"Noona we got it, besides don't want to hurt yours hands."

"Oh thanks Sungyeol."

Sitting down to eat Maddox clasped his hands together and looked around the table, "Titter, aren't we suppose to say grace." Looking around the table at all the people there, they all stopped what they were doing and waited for Chase to respond.

"Babe they might not all say grace like we do, some might have other beliefs. So for tonight we won't say it okay. We have to respect other peoples religions as well as our own." Chase looked up at everyone else and smiled, "Dig in you guys."

After everyone had finished eating and the plates were put into the sink the boys went into the living once more to relax, while Chase carried Maddox towards his room. "Guys I'll be right back, I'm going to take him to bed." Opening Maddox's room Chase adjusted him so he was sitting on her left hip as she went to grab his pajamas from the chestnut drawers. After helping Maddox change Chase grabbed him and lightly placed him in his bed. Pulling the covers up to his chin she whispered, "Good night Maddox." Kissing his forehead she turned off the lights and walked back downstairs.

---------

"Hey guys sorry about my little brother, I hope he didn't annoy you any." The guys just shook their heads and laughed. Sungjong and Dongwoo talked about playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl with him and how it was amazing how good a seven year old was at kicking some major . Chase and the boys chatted for a few more hours till they realized that it was almost 10 o'clock.

Woohyun stood up from the couch. "Well I guess we should go we have school tomorrow." The others stood up and headed towards the door, one by one giving Chase a hug before saying good-bye and walking towards the vehicle that would take them home.

Closing the front door, Chase looked towards the kitchen then towards the hallway leading towards her room. She started to walk into the kitchen but decided that she would do them once she woke up the next morning.

Heading towards her room she peeked in on her brother to make sure he was asleep, satisfied she made her way towards her room but not before pausing in front of the empty bedroom that belonged to her parents. Looking in she shook her head in disappointment and slowly continued to her room.