Transfer Student

Finish What You Started

A/N – I love Korean people, and Asian people in general. So please don’t take the comment later in the chapter to heart. Thank you. (:

--------

 “…Hopefully Chasen can handle Woolim’s hectic lifestyle, but please my fellow students. Please help Chasen feel welcome, not only does Chasen’s stay affect our school but it also represents who Korea is to the world. FIGHTING!” Looking around at the table where all of Sungjong’s best friends sat for lunch, he saw all their quizzical expressions. Folding the school's newspaper before placing it flat on the lunch table, he looked at Hoya who was scratching his chin.

 “So we have a new transfer student? Chasen Sharks.” Nodding his head absentmindedly, Sunggyu muttered ‘sweet’ under his breath before taking a bite out of his kimbap. "Unique name as well."

Hoya stopped scratching his chin and looked around at everyone. “When this Chasen Shark's person comes, we should totally invite him to chill with us.”

A bunch of nods went around the table as Myungsoo stated, “Yeah,

not to mention he dances and plays soccer. So we will be seeing a lot of him.” Looking at Sungjong, Woohyun tilted his head to the side, “Does it say exactly when he is coming?” Scanning the newspaper once more Sungjong shook his head, signaling that it didn’t mention the day the transfer student would start.

Sungyeol cocked his head to the side stating, “I think I heard that he starts after this weekend, so next week sometime.” The remainder of their lunch was quiet, well as quiet as a school lunch was. Of course there were those annoying lower class men who were still stuck in their middle school days. All of the popular girls, who fawned over the hot guys which actually happened to be sitting at the same table, and were coincidently Woohyun and his best friends.

Interrupting the silence at their lunch table Dongwoo slammed his fist down on the table in excitement. “Let’s go to the beach this weekend!” The others, although startled by his sudden outburst, smiled and agreed.

_______________

At Seoul American High School, Chasen Sharks stood out on the green soccer field, the black and white soccer ball in her hands as she stared at the goal. This was her last day at Seoul American High School; starting Monday she would now be attending Woolim High School. Although she didn’t fully see the point in transferring schools, she was excited about the new environment.

Placing the black and white ball down at her feet, she raised her arms above her head to stretch out for a few minutes. Jumping up and down slowly, Chasen focused on nothing but the soccer goal that was placed in front of her.

She might sound a bit odd to some but Chasen, or as most people called her Chase loved Korean people, mostly. She loved their food, and culture. Their style was unique, unlike the American mainland style, but she still loved seeing all the different looks. The only thing she disliked about Koreans in general was that a lot of the girls sounded like they were whining twenty-four seven. Okay, so not exactly twenty-four seven, but a lot especially when there was a good looking guy around, and they are consistently saying, ‘Oppa.’ You know what I’m saying?

“Chase!” Turning towards the sound, Chase saw her three best friends Garrick, Bryton, and Dakota coming towards her. Garrick’s arms were opened wide expecting a hug, only to get pushed to the side and fall down. Bryton wrapped his arms around Chase and spun her in circles before Dakota punched his arm. Releasing his grip on Chase she smiled and hugged Dakota.

"DAKOTA! Think you'll be able to handle these two losers?" Dakota smirked.

"Of course, if not I'll ditch them and go chill with you over in your new school." Before Dakota could say anything else Garrick interrupted.

"Chase since this is your last weekend as one of us, let's chill." Placing his arm around Chase's shoulders Bryton smacked him on the back of the head.

"What do you mean 'one of us' dip ? She's transferring schools not undergoing some life altering surgery."

Dakota rolled her eyes at the boys and took Chase towards the parking lot, "Ignore them, Garrick doesn't think before he speaks. So since it's a beautiful weekend and still summer weather, let's hit the beach."