Chapter 3

The Sparkles Of Dream

 

“Sica ah, this is my boutique. It’s not that big but I think you would be comfortable here. There is a small room at the back as well as pantry, you can clean that place and sleep there.” That lady introduces her boutique to Jessica, her new worker.

“Thank you very much Mrs. Jin. I promise you, I’ll work well during your absence.” Jessica thanks Mrs. Jin but her eyes kept wandering around that little shop.

“You know I’m going to Hawaii about two weeks, so right now I’ll show everything that important.”

“Ne.”

“This is the website for my boutique.” Walking towards the computer and click the cloth icon. “You have to manage this site too. Every time there is new arrival, you need to update. And at this shop too. Mark the date in this document when the new arrival arrives.” Handed her a thick pink file.

She checks the file; there are so many papers that contain important date, how many stocks left, everyday’s collection. ‘Mrs. Jin is a very smart businesswoman. Now, she was married and about to go for a honeymoon, even though her age is 25 years old. What a happy simple life she had.’ Jessica thought to herself.

“Yah Jessica Jung! Dreaming?!” Mrs. Jin yells at her face.

“AHH!!” The file that she holds just now fell to the ground.

“Aigoo, Jessica.” Mrs. Jin knocks her head.

“Mianhae Mrs. Jin.” Jessica apologises.

“Never mind, let’s call it off a day. Go clean that room and rest. I’ll come back tomorrow and we’ll open this shop together.” She walked towards the door.

“Thank you. Thank you very much.” She bows 90 degree repeatedly.

She is still cleaning that little room at the back of the shop when her phone rings. She runs to the corner of the room where there is a table and her handbag on it. She takes her phone from a small pocket of her handbag and immediately press the unlock button.

“Krystal?” She thought to herself.

She slide green coloured icon on her phone.

“Ne, Krystal. Wae?” She asked her sister.

“Unnie! How are you? Did you find a place to sleep?” Krystal burst out with questions.

“Whoa! Slow down miss. I’m perfectly alright. I’ve found a job and the owner gave me a place to stay. She is very nice, so don’t worry too much. Ok?” She answered Krystal’s questions calmly.

“It’s mom that asked me to call you. She’s the one who worries too much. Unnie, I will graduate from my high school soon. So, after my graduation, I plan to participate in an audition held by SM Entertainment. What do you think?” Krystal said from the other side of the phone.

“Yah! Soojung! Are you serious? You did not plan for college? Look Krystal ah, it’s not that I’m not agree, it’s just that you still young. However, I know singing is your passion, so I’ll support whatever you do. But, you have to promise me to continue your study even if you have become an idol.” Jessica nagged to her beloved little sister.

“Arasso unie. I will call you again. Thanks unnie. I’ll hang up. Bye. Love you.”

“Love you too Soojung ah. Send my regards to mom and dad. Bye.” She hung up the phone.

She get up from a chair and walks to her handbag. She put her phone on the table next to her handbag. She continues her work.

* * * * *

Tiffany keeps checking the papers that her new secretary gave her once she arrived.

“Hyera, could you please come here for a while.” She spoke with her secretary through the intercom.

“Yes.” She presses the red button and immediately walks to Tiffany’s room.

 Hyera opens the wooden door. She saw Tiffany’s table full with papers and files.

“Miss Hwang, is there anything I can help?” Hyera broke the silence. Her voice sounds soft and calm.

“Hyera, did I have any appointment tomorrow?” Her eyes still locked on the papers in her hand.

Hyera immediately opens her diary and scroll some certain pages.

“As I can see, you have no appointment tomorrow Miss Hwang. Do you need me to arrange some appointment?” Hyera asked.

“I’ve read all this reports and I think I’d found the solution to our problem.” Tiffany’s voice sounds confident. “So I need you to set up a meeting tomorrow, all important people of this company must present.” She gave order to Hyera.

“Yes, Miss Hwang.” She bowed and about to turn around when she heard Tiffany calling her name.

“Yes, Miss Hwang?”

“Could you please change your fashion? This is just a business company not a lawyer office. Please wear something bright or maybe fun.”

Tiffany’s sudden exhortation made Hyera felt ashamed and shocked.

“Look Hyera, I’m sorry if you offended but it’s for our company. I like to see people wearing something with bright colour. Look fresh, spiritual and happy.” Tiffany walks over to Hyera. “Is it okay with you?”

“Miss Hwang, I’m not offended. It just I don’t have such outfit. I used to wear black and white.” She smiled.

“Well, let’s get that fix.” She smiled and left Hyera with curiousness.

To be continued...