The Result

Because Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Quick! Bring her to the doctor!" a female voice shrieked as I felt my body moved passed moving doors. The sudden bright light scared my eyes. My eyes were still burning; it was much more worse than before. Why isn't the doctor doing anything? I wanted to scream but the pain was too much to bear. I waved my arms wildly in desperation.

"What's wrong with her?" A male voice asked, his voice was full of authority, making it clear that he was in charge of all the on-going around here. "Burned by acid. Someone dropped a bottle of cleaning detergent and it spilled onto her." the same female voice replied automatically before dropping to a whisper, "She can be saved but... her eyes... That's another matter."

What? No, my eyes, no! Kyuhyun, where are you? Kyuhyun? I tried to call out his name but all that came out was a ragged croak. My eyes... But that seemed to have worked because the next thing I felt was strong, warm hands that grabbed my own.

"Seohyun, I'm here for you. Calm down." Kyuhyun's calm and cool voice reassured me. I tried to smile through my tears. "Kyuhyun..."

"Who are you and what are you doing in here?" The doctor asked and I whimpered with fear. No, don't take him away from me. Please, don't. "I'm her fiancee." Kyuhyun declared and happiness exploded within me. Fiancee?

"Fine, just stay here. Nurse Kim, bring her to the operating room." The doctor ordered and I felt myself being moved away again. Kyuhyun! I stretched my arm out and grabbed hold of Kyuhyun. "Don't worry, Seohyun. I'll be here for you." Kyuhyun...

"Please, you have to go to the operating room now, Miss." The nurse pleaded and Kyuhyun gently loosened my hold on him. "I'll be waiting, Seohyun." Kyuhyun... A watery smile appeared on my face as the distance between us grew further.

I was moved to another flat surface before I felt a sharp prick on my arm. Kyuhyun... That was the last thought I had before I drifted to unconsciousness.

~~~

"...her eyes were saved..."

"What a sad story!"

"...biggest sacrifice a man could ever made, I'll say..."

"Where am I? What is this place?" I opened my eyes before squinting immediately against the sudden brightness assaulting my eyes. The lights... It's too bright...

"Oh, you're awake! Quick, call the doctor!" One of the three nurses rushed over and started to check my pulse rate. Someone's missing... I tried to recall when it hit me. "Kyuhyun!" I turned to the nearest nurse and asked, "Where's Kyuhyun? The guy waiting for me... Where is he?"

Silence fell. Not a single nurse responded to my question. No... I grabbed the hands of the nearest nurse and queried, "Where is he? Kyuhyun, where is he?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter