Moving

Leave me Alone

 

 

Dara P.O.V

 

I had a fun time explaining to Bom exactly why I went home early that day after the graduation party. She told me she looked everywhere for, when we both know that she was glued to Top by the lips. Its sweet that she cared enough to lie. Honestly.

 

After the party that day the entire summer went by in a flash. I spent my summer reading  and hanging out at the beach. Let me rephrase that, I spent my summer marathoning dramas, spying on Donghae as he went over to Yoona’s house, and yes I actually read too.  The only time I saw the light of day was when Bom would drag me out to where she was going. I loved her for it.

 

Now that college was slowly approaching I found something to be excited for again. I couldn’t wait, for living in the city just me and Bom. Yup, that’s right Bom also enrolled in the same college and got in. Maybe with Bom around I can break out of the shell I’ve been living in and assimilate to 21st century as she often reminds me.

 

Oh and Donghae’s coming too,

 

I’m cool about it. I had an entire summer to reflect on the feelings that I’ve harbored for over 3 years. Who am I kidding; I know that Yoona is not going to come so in my mind
Donghae will fall madly in love with me.  The new me, the cool latte sipping college girl who can flirt and talk to guys just as well as everyone else.

 

Oh who am I kidding?

 

Bom always tells me that I could be really pretty if I just put in the effort.  I have a naturally lanky frame, and big brown eyes that capture people’s attention. But compared to the eye catching beauty of Bom and Yoona, someone plain like me just doesn’t stand out. I’ve thought that for so long that I just gave up trying to keep up with make-up and fashion that involved something other than jeans and a tee.

 

Enough thinking about my fashion misfortunes. Another awesome thing about moving to thee city is the countless number of things that I get to do now. Since my college is really close to Bom’s dad’s Lawyer firm, I begged for a part time job and got it. Bom is someone who the world would consider pretty well off, and since I forbid her to help directly with my lack of money she pulled some strings to get me some dough.

 

Its not going to be easy I know, but a lot of people have less cool jobs and at least mine is in a skyscraper of a building.

 

“Dara get your down here,” Bom’s shrieked from downstairs.

 

“Coming Bommie, calm yourself we’re just packing stuff there’s not need to rush,” I replied.

 

“You do know that school starts in a week right, and we have to be moved in by tomorrow. You know if you didn’t spend all your time watching Lee Minho catching bad guys maybe you would be aware of the date.  And don’t think I don’t know what those binoculars trained toward Yoona’s house…,” Bom continued.

 

Before she could get into her ranting mood, I cut her off with a hug. It’s so easy to make that girl happy sometimes.

 

         

After we finished packing, we loaded everything into her car and went back in to say goodbye to my mom.

 

“Dara, promise me that you’ll call once you get there and make sure that you have everything that you need.  Are you sure that we don’t need to come with you? Bommie are you sure your father is okay with Dara working for him? You know it means a lot getting my daughter a job,” omma said.

 

“Omma its okay don’t worry about me, remember you, Thunder, and Durami are only one hour and a half away. That doesn’t mean that you should come often though, I know I’ll miss you but I can’t wait to be independent in the big city,” I replied to my mom’s mini breakdown.

 

After consoling my mom, I hugged my siblings goodbye and got into Bommie’s car.

As we drove away, I could help looking back and remembering the childhood that I spent in that house. I didn’t cry. I know I didn’t. People going away to start a big life in the city don’t cry.

 

Damn it.

 

I cried. I cried for the times that I fell off the window from trying to read on the roof, the times that I watched Donghae mow people’s lawns in the summer, and the times that I cried in the attic where no one could possibly see me.

 

All this time in the car Bom was silent. I loved her for it. It made me stop crying and dry my tears.

 

Things were going to be different. Thing were going to change. Weren’t they? 

 

Author's Note

Sorry I couldn't help myself. First time writing high i guess. Thank for all the people who clicked on my story.

Thank You <3

Jiyong in the next chap